Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wouldn't be nice if you could lock out a figh

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 26, 2009
Doesnt it get really annoying when you are in a fight with a friend set it up perfect with shields and somone just joins and uses a wand and wastes your shields. I think it would be really cool idea if they made a button so all who are already in the fight could agree and click it to lock it out so no one else could join until the next fight. I really dont mind when people need help or ask if you do, but if you are going to join a fight in progress use your head when casting. Dont mess it up for those already there!

Explorer
Aug 14, 2008
I dislike allowing anyone to join because, in all honesty, I solo. I don't really play with anyone, and it irks me when some random person comes in and joins the fight.

I also dislike it because
1. I like making everything simple. If I need 4 monsters to kill, I will go only in 2 fights with 2 monsters in each. It irritates me when another wizard comes and makes it 3 monsters, because then I have to do a whole other fight for just one monster. (I'm very twitchy about that kinda thing)

2. People like to show off because I'm ice and they always have better spells, and they either wind up 1-hit-KOing my monsters or they use the traps and stuff (like you said)

I know I sound pretty selfish I suppose, but it just unnerves me sometimes.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2008
It would be nice. It would also cut out mean-spirited shenanigans that I have run into where people will watch a fight, wait until I'm very low on health and then jump into my battle. As soon as another mob adds, they flee. This leaves me to struggle to win against a fresh mob when I'm already almost out of health and still fighting my original mob.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
The problem with what you are suggesting is it would be abused by the same people who are causing problems for others now. You would have have popular and needed quest areas locked down so someone could farm or such. Plaza of Conquests would be a nightmare wait for those who needed it. Though your idea has some merit, the abuses it would allow far exceed the benefits.

Defender
May 09, 2009
nah i dont think their should be something like that cause the non text chat players wont be able to ask you if they can join. but instead it would be cool if you could lock out fighting monsters all together so you can run down the street without fear of being caught in a fight (this would not work in a dungeon)

Defender
Feb 05, 2010
I agree also. It is annoying when a level 14 jumps in a battle with the minions on the streets of dragonspyre and bring another minion in. Here is an example. You are in malistaire's lair and a guy who is like in krokotopia or still in wizard city sees where you are at. Now everybody wants to beat malistaire and get good drops but a level 10 or 14 porting? I mean its like this a friend who is a master is in a battle somewhere in dragonspyre. You invited him or her to raid malistaire. He or she says he/she is busy fighting in pvp or a boss somewhere. He/she says he/she will be there in a moment. You started the dungeon a guy who is level 10 or up decides to port and try to beat the stuffing out of malistaire (which he or she is not gonna do). He/she ports then your master friend who was invited try and ports to you but it says dungeon is full. Now that is a problem! I strongly advise kingsisle to put a lock for the fight!
Lucas drakebloom
Level 43
Ice wizard
Oni slayer

Explorer
Mar 24, 2009
Shannoony wrote:
I dislike allowing anyone to join because, in all honesty, I solo. I don't really play with anyone, and it irks me when some random person comes in and joins the fight.

I also dislike it because
1. I like making everything simple. If I need 4 monsters to kill, I will go only in 2 fights with 2 monsters in each. It irritates me when another wizard comes and makes it 3 monsters, because then I have to do a whole other fight for just one monster. (I'm very twitchy about that kinda thing)

2. People like to show off because I'm ice and they always have better spells, and they either wind up 1-hit-KOing my monsters or they use the traps and stuff (like you said)

I know I sound pretty selfish I suppose, but it just unnerves me sometimes.

What irks me even more is when the players shouldn't even be there. I've been having that problem in Dragonspyre. Not sure what makes Level 20 players think I need their help. Maybe they're REALLY happy with that Lightning Bats spell, but it just ruins the game for me.

Another scenario I hate is when you're almost done with a fight and low on health, and someone joins causing another enemy to enter. Sure enough, you die and they have no healing cards. That's why I usually ask if a player needs help before entering a fight. Maybe if more people had common courtesy, this wouldn't be as big of an issue.

Survivor
May 24, 2009
it's a good idea, but what i see is a chance for bullying. i would never do it, but say a wizard really ticks someone off by accident. to get back at that wizard, the other wizard would say "yeah! of course you can join my battle!" when their solo battleing, and, at the last minute, lock the battle. i think it's a great idea, but ( absolutly no offense intended ) you need to think about the consequences.

Survivor
May 15, 2010
WOW I was just thinking the same thing. I've done 90% of the whole game solo, so I'm used to fighting on my own. I'm also myth, so I have the help I need from my minions alone. What annoys me is when I'm farming for a pet or an item, and somebody else joins, lessening my chance of getting that item. Or, when I'm battling 2 monsters and someone else joins, causing 2 more monsters to join, and then they flee (and of course if my health is low and I'm out of healing cards, I die). It would be NICE if we could lock battles to keep people from joining. People just assume I need help when I don't and they don't even bother asking. It's really irritating and most of the time, they use all my traps. Please KI, give us an option to disable people from joining our battles when we want to fight ALONE.

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
This will never work out. You lock out fights, and everybody will come in here whining to KI that, If I pay to play I want to spend less time standing around waiting to be able to fight something, because hundreds of players in the same area are working on the same quest you are, and all of the NPC's are takened. and fights are locked out. I been in highly congested NPC zones and if there is already a few fights in progress the supposive congested zone is emptied out because the wandering NPC 's are fighting in other groups.

For me I really don't care if someone jumps in on a fight I am in, I met most of my in game friends this way. So what they use one of your Shields up from a wand, they cost 0 to cast, just stick another shield on it.

Someone commenting on them casting a multi target spell and wiping everything out in one hit? First off Multi Target Spells cost pips to use, Some of the spells cost a lot of pips just to cast, and you will not get pips for free, you get them per round, PER ROUND. No one is jumping in on any fight and casting a multi target spell right off the bat and leaving. They need to stick around and earn the pips to cast the spell in the first place. Also those X cost to cast on some of these cards, a player will usually never use this card until it can be boosted with pips for a higher damage out put.

What I think needs to be changed which annoys me to no end is someone jumping in a fight you are in by yourself and another NPC gets added then they flee. So there you are, before having to kill 2 NPC's by yourself, now you have three to kill.

If you are gonna jump in a fight and add more NPC's then you should stick around and help the person or persons kill the NPC's. it's your fault for adding, you can help kill... Consideration for others.