Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Anyone else mad?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 18, 2008
Okay, I wait a week to mix with a friend 100,000 down the drain just to get another stormzilla with worse stats? Come on now whats going on? I wouldn't mind if It were just 20,000 but 100,000 down the drain? That just makes me just well I cant describe so angry. I'm a pet collecter with 96pets so far and one of them is another zilla that I already have but this one has worse stats now really? Anyone else have this problem? and to you to you people who are just gonna be like "Oh stop complaining" then go hatch and see what you get.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
Yeah! the exact same thing happen to me. I'm not as rich as you but i still lost a lot of money. ok, so my friend had a awesome pet: it was a ghost hound. he wouldn't tell me what pets he used to hatch it so i take my adult wraith and my adult heck hound and get an egg. it cost me 55,000 a little more than half of yours. i was so excited cuz i also spen a lot of time getting the best snacks and leveling each one of them from baby to adult just to get that one pet. when i finally hatched the egg, i got ANOTHER heck hound! with worse stats then my other one! it ripped me off and i don't know about you but i want at least a little repayment from kingsisle.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
Yeah, I've been singing this tune for a month now. To pay between $70,000 and $105,000 for a "chance" at getting a cool pet is a terrible new feature for this game. I made four attempts to combine pets that I thought would make for interesting matches -- which was the whole purpose of this stupid idea -- and for every case, I have hatched a pet with stats less powerful than both parents. I completely echo your opinion. KI support says "this is stated in the pet rules" -- that this hatching provides you "with a chance" at getting something new and interesting -- and not a guarantee. I can guarantee something...I will not use the hatching thing ever again.
x hangs head x
x kicks dirt x
x thinks about how all good things come to an end because of greed x.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
zamorksaradomin wrote:
Yeah! the exact same thing happen to me. I'm not as rich as you but i still lost a lot of money. ok, so my friend had a awesome pet: it was a ghost hound. he wouldn't tell me what pets he used to hatch it so i take my adult wraith and my adult heck hound and get an egg. it cost me 55,000 a little more than half of yours. i was so excited cuz i also spen a lot of time getting the best snacks and leveling each one of them from baby to adult just to get that one pet. when i finally hatched the egg, i got ANOTHER heck hound! with worse stats then my other one! it ripped me off and i don't know about you but i want at least a little repayment from kingsisle.

FYI: You get the ghost hound by hatching with two Danger Hounds.

Explorer
Dec 18, 2008
sberger11604 wrote:
Yeah, I've been singing this tune for a month now. To pay between $70,000 and $105,000 for a "chance" at getting a cool pet is a terrible new feature for this game. I made four attempts to combine pets that I thought would make for interesting matches -- which was the whole purpose of this stupid idea -- and for every case, I have hatched a pet with stats less powerful than both parents. I completely echo your opinion. KI support says "this is stated in the pet rules" -- that this hatching provides you "with a chance" at getting something new and interesting -- and not a guarantee. I can guarantee something...I will not use the hatching thing ever again.
x hangs head x
x kicks dirt x
x thinks about how all good things come to an end because of greed x.

Well that's the thing. I wouldn't mind if " That Chance" didn't cost me 100,000.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
I completely agree, the randomness of the system is intrinsically flawed. The only way I can possibly understand the expense of spending 80,000-120,000 gold (price I get when looking to mix my pets) is if I can choose traits to combine, features of new pet appearance, and card mixed/obtained. All the time and expense going into training pets-especially to Epic-should come with equal reward for hatching them, instead of randomly spending gold down a drain for similar, but weaker pet than either parent involved in the hatching.

Survivor
Oct 24, 2009
I agree i payed about 95,000+ gold to mix a stormzilla with wraith and when it hatched, it was another stormzilla . i am now poor and i have 2 grandmasters its hard to get new cloths for other chars when i lost about 100,000 :(.

Survivor
Dec 07, 2008
I am right there with you, along with several others I know. I too wasted over 98,000 in gold to get the same pet I was mixing. I have written to Kings Isle and as a member of the Wizened Wizards in 101 Community plan to spread the word to all other parents and adults whose money made this game what it is. The Hatchery is a cancer within what I believed to be a great game. Me and my children have been members for over a year, but I am contimplating spending my hard earned cash on some one else's game. I do know that neither myself or my children will waste one single piece of gold on the terrible scam some bean counter at Kings Isle thought up. As usual they get big and suddenly theit customers don't matter. Things like this have been the downfall of many companies, and its easy to see it happen to Kings Isle as well, if they don't correct the issue. They have obviously forgotten how they got where they are.

Survivor
May 02, 2009
The only pet you can mix are the pet that you get when your level forty eight. not anything else

Defender
Apr 30, 2010
Even now after KingsIsle lowered the price of hatching to level 48 pets there is still a whole lot wrong with it. I hatched my helephant with a stormzilla for 43 thousand (Cheap compared to the old price) But i ended up with another helephant. 43 thousand isn't the hardest amount of money to get but i'm not going to spend that on hatching just so i can get a pet that i already have. A 'Chance' or a cool pet, well i'm not taking that chance again.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
gtheo wrote:
The only pet you can mix are the pet that you get when your level forty eight. not anything else

And promo pets.

Community Leader
Not mad at all,
I do wish we had a choice to pay a higher price to make sure we get a hybrid or lower price for just a chance ,but we cannot have everything.
Sorry but people complained about the price KI lowered it,I would hope they lowered the chance of getting rare hyrids too, this would be only common sense. Remember it is only in game gold free, so really you are getting a very cool pet for free, when the mix actually produces a hybrid. Yeah ok it takes time to make gold but you are playing a game you enjoy .

This is my thoughts

Survivor
Aug 23, 2009
This whole Pet Pavillion thing is just for KingsIsle to make some more money. Paying 100k to get a CHANCE to obtain a super awesome pet. But that only happens 50% of the time, the other half is just the same pet you already had. The obscene price of this will cause more players to buy more gold in the crowns shop. It will also have players buying Pet Snack Packs to train them because the snacks you get in-game get you no where after your pet is a teen. And it has players buying more energy when the pet gets higher leveled, because the game cost goes up. This is rediculous and KingsIsle really needs to make some pricing adjustments.

Explorer
Feb 25, 2010
I really like the idea of a high amount for a guaranteed hybrid and a lower amount for the gamble.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
I know, it annoys me.. The 50-50 chance is completely unfair, and costs you a heck of a lot of money. that's why i'm not hatching, cool pet or not.

Survivor
May 10, 2010
I have just spent my last 50,000 coins on another Wraith. This one is my 5th one. I am done wasting money that takes hours and hours of my life to collect on a gamble that it may be cooler. I understand that its supposed to be a treat when you finally get something different, but this is just ridiculous. I have now hatched with almost every other level 48 pet and still only wraiths. That is not fair at all for the amount of time that goes in. I think after 5 times, once would have been nice. I am just gonna hatch smaller pets for the lower price. At least then I know exactly what I am in for. What a waste of Time and Money! I hope this gets taken care of. I know I sound like a whiner......but wasting 250,000 coins is a lot for this game. I could have purchased two of the crownshop houses, and still gotten to hatch another wraith..lol. That is just ridiculous.

Survivor
Sep 30, 2008
yea i am fuming i have wasted countless hours and dollars to hatch two pets one was a wraith with a hydra = i got an exact duplicate of my original wraith with less power, come on over 42000 gold for a reject. and i cant even sell it to recoup some of my losses the time money and crowns spent raising this pet is astronomical. pet hatching is a ripoff and it wasn't the first time. ki needs to reimburse the players that get ripped off..how sad that i will not try that again...a good idea gone very bad...one raging woman here..

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
i know me and my friend tried and we saved up a lot of money. and all we got was a plain ninja pig. there was nothing special about it. i am so upset cause i saved up a lot of money this happened to me twice replay back.
:( :? :?

Survivor
Dec 30, 2008
hagalena wrote:
yea i am fuming i have wasted countless hours and dollars to hatch two pets one was a wraith with a hydra = i got an exact duplicate of my original wraith with less power, come on over 42000 gold for a reject. and i cant even sell it to recoup some of my losses the time money and crowns spent raising this pet is astronomical. pet hatching is a ripoff and it wasn't the first time. ki needs to reimburse the players that get ripped off..how sad that i will not try that again...a good idea gone very bad...one raging woman here..

I feel the same, and had to leave the game because of being upset. I also have sixth grand master pets, one is finally epic, the other five I am working on. What frustrates me so much is the cost of snacks and the low xp points they give. Even the shop snacks are expensive at 2500 crowns for only 7 cards,( if you have crowns to spend), and they really dont lvl your pet up that much quicker ( around 25-30 Points). After playing the mini games morning and night to try to lvl all fifth of my pets to epic, I am sick of these games. I have really loved playing wizard 101, and wish i could start another wizard ( they only let you have 6, and there are 7 schools),
Any ways, the cost, expense and the boredom of the pet mini games is not for me. I wont be hatching or trying to lvl up my other pets that I won fighting. They will just run around my house and yard and be happy - wish I was happy, but right now I am very frustrated.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Okay here is what happened.
You put in your Stormzilla and your friend put in a Ninja Pig (for example). You will get either another Stormzilla or a Ninja Pig with mixed stats. If your friend put in, say, a Fog Unicorn you would get either a Stormzilla or a completely new, rare pet that is a cross between the two. But NOT a Fog Unicorn. This is because Fog Unicorns and some other pets are VIP pets and they are recieved by certain Gift Cards, Special codes, and things like that. But even though you got a second Stormzilla you can be happy. Because doesn't a Storzilla give you the all mighty Stormzilla card that does a whole bunch of damage? Really, does it?

Jasmine StormBlood
Lv. 15 Journeyman Sorcerer

Explorer
Aug 14, 2008
I've never hatched yet (I've been asked several times with my Pioneer Dragon. I guess people don't read the rules to hatching and stuff. It can't be duplicated.) But, just don't do it again if you're that upset.
It's not exactly worth quitting over, either. If you managed to get that much money, just get it again? Sure, it won't be easy, but you're the one who wants it back.

The hatch is 50-50. I suppose you just have to learn how to deal with each outcome in a way that won't get you all angry and ranting. *shrug*
Sorry to hear what happened.

Explorer
Dec 18, 2008
Paige MoonShade wrote:
Not mad at all,
I do wish we had a choice to pay a higher price to make sure we get a hybrid or lower price for just a chance ,but we cannot have everything.
Sorry but people complained about the price KI lowered it,I would hope they lowered the chance of getting rare hyrids too, this would be only common sense. Remember it is only in game gold free, so really you are getting a very cool pet for free, when the mix actually produces a hybrid. Yeah ok it takes time to make gold but you are playing a game you enjoy .

This is my thoughts

Yeah, I understand all this but I failed 9 times in a row, Same pet (after the update.) Now this seems kinda sick to me. If it's gonna be like a whole one or the other ordeal. Cause to me it seems 98,000 maybe a hybrid. 43,000 no hybrid at all. Now it seems like we're just paying to fail.

Explorer
Dec 18, 2008
Shannoony wrote:
I've never hatched yet (I've been asked several times with my Pioneer Dragon. I guess people don't read the rules to hatching and stuff. It can't be duplicated.) But, just don't do it again if you're that upset.
It's not exactly worth quitting over, either. If you managed to get that much money, just get it again? Sure, it won't be easy, but you're the one who wants it back.

The hatch is 50-50. I suppose you just have to learn how to deal with each outcome in a way that won't get you all angry and ranting. *shrug*
Sorry to hear what happened.

Yeah but that's like paying for nothing. There gonna dangle all this stuff in front of you and when you actually try you can't get it, and no one's ranting. We just think something should be done perhaps. Now some people are, we're just a little ticked cause we pay all this money to play. Sure it's fun, but it sucks when you see all these hybrids running around then you look in your bag and you see 7 stormzillas. Also people want to hatch with you cause the pet you have is a promo. Which means you'll get a new pet no matter what, And I don't recall anyone saying there gonna quit. All were doing is expressing how we feel. If you don't like seeing this then don't comment on our thoughts. Not starting anything just making my point.

Explorer
Aug 14, 2008
dood123456 wrote:
Yeah but that's like paying for nothing. There gonna dangle all this stuff in front of you and when you actually try you can't get it, and no one's ranting. We just think something should be done perhaps. Now some people are, we're just a little ticked cause we pay all this money to play. Sure it's fun, but it sucks when you see all these hybrids running around then you look in your bag and you see 7 stormzillas. Also people want to hatch with you cause the pet you have is a promo. Which means you'll get a new pet no matter what, And I don't recall anyone saying there gonna quit. All were doing is expressing how we feel. If you don't like seeing this then don't comment on our thoughts. Not starting anything just making my point.

Just saying, but other people have been ranting about this a lot. Seeing the same thread gets tedious. Also, tons of people have said they'll quit if the prices weren't lowered, which they already were. But they continued to say they'll quit since the prices are still too high. Try contacting the actual staff instead of posting a bunch of threads on it. They might give you a better answer. And its not that I don't like seeing this. I can somewhat relate, because my mom tried hatching once and it failed, and she was telling me that she was upset. (Well she didn't get mad or anything, but she was a little disappointed because she chose hatching over buying a house.)

All I was saying is that if you're really upset with the prices and not getting what you wanted after trying again over and over, just stop and give it time or something. Or don't hatch again. But I don't think creating thread after thread about the same issue is the solution. It isn't really helping if your hatch still failed, you ran out of money, and KI isn't answering your ask to raise the success rate/lower prices.

Explorer
Dec 18, 2008
Shannoony wrote:
dood123456 wrote:

Just saying, but other people have been ranting about this a lot. Seeing the same thread gets tedious. Also, tons of people have said they'll quit if the prices weren't lowered, which they already were. But they continued to say they'll quit since the prices are still too high. Try contacting the actual staff instead of posting a bunch of threads on it. They might give you a better answer. And its not that I don't like seeing this. I can somewhat relate, because my mom tried hatching once and it failed, and she was telling me that she was upset. (Well she didn't get mad or anything, but she was a little disappointed because she chose hatching over buying a house.)

All I was saying is that if you're really upset with the prices and not getting what you wanted after trying again over and over, just stop and give it time or something. Or don't hatch again. But I don't think creating thread after thread about the same issue is the solution. It isn't really helping if your hatch still failed, you ran out of money, and KI isn't answering your ask to raise the success rate/lower prices.

Yeah, but it's not like I'm going "HEY CHANGE THE RATES!" I'm just giving my opinion. Plus it's not like this is going anywhere. I mean this was more of a act of being upset. I mean 9 in a row. Plus I'm like big on pets, I have 142 and I'm trying to get hybrids to make it to 150 before Celestia is released.