Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crown clothes Overloard set?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
I notice two types of Crown clothes out fits, One is called Overloard and the other Valykarie {spelling} But one set is elemental and other is non elemental, Can a storm wizard wear the Overloard set? Or can a Myth wizard weat the Val set?
I know this is a complete outfit hat, robe and shoes, But who can wear them? It does not say anywhere that I can see.
So if I buy the set with the Metor shower and Triton and Ice storm can my Myth wizard, or my Life wizard or death wizard wear them?
I am thinking that there are two sets because one is for elemental and one is for Non elemental, BUT, I notice there was no Pip increase on the Overloard set, only accuracey, I feel you need accuracey On elemental because Fire, storm, and Ice fizz a lot more.
Also do these sets ever gop on sale?

Explorer
Feb 26, 2009
Darkblood1 wrote:
I notice two types of Crown clothes out fits, One is called Overloard and the other Valykarie {spelling} But one set is elemental and other is non elemental, Can a storm wizard wear the Overloard set? Or can a Myth wizard weat the Val set?
I know this is a complete outfit hat, robe and shoes, But who can wear them? It does not say anywhere that I can see.
So if I buy the set with the Metor shower and Triton and Ice storm can my Myth wizard, or my Life wizard or death wizard wear them?
I am thinking that there are two sets because one is for elemental and one is for Non elemental, BUT, I notice there was no Pip increase on the Overloard set, only accuracey, I feel you need accuracey On elemental because Fire, storm, and Ice fizz a lot more.
Also do these sets ever gop on sale?

From what I understand, any school can wear the clothes. :)

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
Hero
May 19, 2009
crazyirule wrote:
Fire and storm fizzle alot but ice almost never fizzles.

Fire, storm and ice do fizzle more then the other schools. These 3 have the lowest accuracy.

storm 70%
fire 75%
ice 80%
myth 80%
death 85%
balance 85%
life 90%

Defender
Dec 11, 2008
What benefits do those clothes set have, if any? When I hover over them, it just shows me what they are. It doesn't show that they give any bonuses.

Hero
May 02, 2009
Crown clothes do not have a school limit, but they do have a level limit.

It doesn't matter what school you are, if you are at least level 45, then you can wear the overlord set and the valkirye set, regardless of school.

and as for your question, crusher2488, crown gear give health, power pip, accuracy, and resistance bonuses (power pip bonus and accuracy bonus vary from certain type of crown gear), plus a card (not an item card, fyi).

If it doesn't show any bonuses, then it must be a glitch. if not, then you might be hovering over the wrong type of set, as sets like the carnival costume don't give any benifits (unless you stitch them).

Hope I helped.

Survivor
Mar 03, 2009
I got 1500 crowns left over from buying the maul in the crowns shop. But i was wondering do only the 2 lvl 45+ sets give bonuses?

Hero
May 19, 2009
EpicBacon1 wrote:
I got 1500 crowns left over from buying the maul in the crowns shop. But i was wondering do only the 2 lvl 45+ sets give bonuses?

Yes, the other clothing in the crown shop is only for apearance.

Defender
Apr 30, 2010
crusher2488 wrote:
What benefits do those clothes set have, if any? When I hover over them, it just shows me what they are. It doesn't show that they give any bonuses.

I have the overload set so i can tell you what it gives. It gives plus 10% accuracey to everything, plus 11% to every attack and like 26% or 27% defense to anything, i'm really not sure maybe it was only 22% But the overload set also gives centaur, judgement, and sandstorm

Aaron FireStone Grandmaster Pyromancer
-if you give a man a match he will be warm for a moment set him alight and he will be warm for the rest of his life-