Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

do you have to complete Grizzlehiem?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
When you are level 20,Ambrose gives you the keys to Grizzleheim. But do you really have to complete Grizzleheim to finish the game?Grizzleheim
seems optional to me ,because you don't need to finish it to get to other worlds. And I am almost done with marleybone and about to move on to mooshu.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2010

no you do not need to complete grizzle to finish the game. You can become grandmaster by just doing all the main worlds.

You can do grizzle after you become grandmaster then go do grizzle which will be lot easier now since you have so many strong spells and better gear. You can beat grizzle easier.

But if you need a training point then you need to do grizzle and get all the yard birds.

But yea... no rush for grizzle... Do now if you want to or do later after your a grandmaster. Its up to you.

Delver
Feb 23, 2009
No, you don't HAVE to finish it. It was actually made for Grandmasters, (Level 50), but anyone can do it actually. Though it can be helpful for experience, but it doesn't give much.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Defender
Jun 04, 2009
No. If you are a Grand and have NOTHING to do, I'd give it a try! :-D

Survivor
Apr 28, 2010
I have found that playing in the same area continuously gets old after a while. Therefore, Grizzleheim may not be needed to finish the game, but it is necessary as a place to take a break from the long stints in "main" areas like Krokotopia. Being able to "vacation" in Griz during the grind through Krok probably saved me from quitting Wizard101 due to boredom...

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
citygirl411 wrote:
When you are level 20,Ambrose gives you the keys to Grizzleheim. But do you really have to complete Grizzleheim to finish the game?Grizzleheim
seems optional to me ,because you don't need to finish it to get to other worlds. And I am almost done with marleybone and about to move on to mooshu.

thankfully, you dont

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
You see I don't get Grizzleheim. I don't think you have to complete it, I think it's an extra world to get you to higher levels. But I think Grizzleheim is a fun world to explore.

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
On my first (Ice) wizard I went to Grizzleheim soon after I was given the quests for it and thought it was really tough with little reward compared to Mooshu or even Marletbone. After I completed the game I realized that Grizzleheim is not really required to complete the game.
I would suggest you wait until level 30 or until you have a wand that gives a bonus pip before beginning the Savarstaad Pass quest.

I decided to wait until after Dragonspyre with my next two wizards (Myth and Life) and found it to be more enjoyable. The low experience is a non factor now because they are both level 50 already and the treasure I just stash in my bank for my next wizards.

The graphics in Grizzleheim are awesome and there are parts of it that are fun but I think it would be more enjoyable if it were more intergrated into the main storyline of the other worlds.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2010
I yust enterd GH and i ma stuck on a boss (2nd boss)
its so frustrating i tryed like 13 times i cant defeat him. :(
i am lv 21 and i get beaten by an boar :(

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
Gh was meant to be a extre world after DS, so you do not need to finish it to complete W101

Hero
May 27, 2009
The nice thing about Grizzleheim is that you DON'T have to do it at any particular level or at any particular point in the storyline. It is totally and completely separate. So, if you aren't successful at level 21, come back later at level 25 and see how you do. Save the whole thing until you're a grandmaster if you want (although I wouldn't recomment that). The drops are really cool, and it's a great place to harvest reagents. Don't skip it, though.