Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Marleybone Smile?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 04, 2009
Hey. A lot of us don't like MB, so I want you guys to post Posotive AND Negative comments on it, things you wish would shange, mad or sad, etc.

Thanks!

Hannah Dragonsword, 39 fire

Defender
Jun 04, 2009
Ok, I am going to add something.

I really don't like MB.

It's hard, and gloomy and takes a long time! When I left KT, I thought, Oh, yea! MB!

Really, I was in for a big EXPLOSION!!!!

I do not like MB, that's final. But MS rocks!

Hannah D. 39 fire

Survivor
Oct 31, 2009
accioliv88 wrote:
Ok, I am going to add something.

I really don't like MB.

It's hard, and gloomy and takes a long time! When I left KT, I thought, Oh, yea! MB!

Really, I was in for a big EXPLOSION!!!!

I do not like MB, that's final. But MS rocks!

Hannah D. 39 fire

Totally agree on every word you said!!!

~Jacob Ghostwhisper level 35 Magus Thaumaturge~
See ya in the Spiral!

Also see 'Marleybone The worst of the worst?'

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
accioliv88 wrote:
Hey. A lot of us don't like MB, so I want you guys to post Posotive AND Negative comments on it, things you wish would shange, mad or sad, etc.

Thanks!

Marleybone is awesome! I like the quests, the music, the theme, the characters, everything! Marleybone is great!

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
At first after finishing KT i was all I am going to MB I am going to MB then i was like Yaaaa Arrrrgh and so on but still i think that MB can be pretty awesome so igive it a and at other times a but in all igive it a :)

Survivor
Apr 21, 2010
Marleybone rocks! Not only do I love the theme, but I was thrilled to have finally found an area of the game that would take me more than two days to complete :-). One of my favorite things about Wizard 101 are the themes. They are very well done and make the game just that much more entertaining.

Survivor
May 01, 2009
Once i finished krok, i was like "Marleybone? DOES THAT MEAN I GET TO WEAR A TOP HAT? AWESOME! TIME TO GO TO ENGLAND!"

No top hat.
Only rage.

Marelybone is the WORST. I'm still in it too, and i have my myth and storm guy to finish it too. Trying to avoid all of the sidequests.

Im really, REALLY hoping mooshu is more fun than this nightmare of a world.

Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
Opinion Time!

Mostly why most people hate marleybone is because of
the battles you get into, am I correct?
Yes.
You guys do not get it! You have to go in
1. The Middle
2. The Right
3. The left
of all of the roofs.
Why do you do that?
Cause the enemies sometimes leave large enough spots
for you to go in the middle!
The left and the right is usually where you should go,
but on the planks, you go in the middle.
Or wait for the traffic to go away and cross the plank.

I absolutely love marleybone!
The hat and mask hat is my favorite hat of all time!
(Its similar to the bandit's outfit in the shop.)
I never would buy it from the shop anyways.

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
I thought I'd never get through some of the quests we are sent on in MB. Near about drove me crazy.
The scrap iron? That search got better when I found out I could go around Regent's Square and get it!
I now have the Clockwork Tower to get to. And now my quest cursor disappeared. I've tried resetting Hardware, etc., but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions? I've even tried some of my other characters and its not there either. lol Maybe I've just gotten lazy.
But all in all, I (think) I like MB. :?

Survivor
Nov 23, 2008
accioliv88 wrote:

Thanks!

I think Marleybone could be a lot better.
I am still in it and still strugling with part 2 of the tower in the museum.
I just want to know how do i get to mooshu?
I like the game but a little hint now and again would help.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2009
I absolutely, positively, HATE!!!!!!!! Marleybone. It is my least favorite world, ranking from 1-10 at a 2. Goes on too long, has the MOST ANNOYING quests ever! The bosses suck, and there are too many people there. So no, I will NOT smile for Marleybone!

Amber DawnWhisper lvl 45 life

Defender
Jun 11, 2009
you guyz wanna know what helps me get through mb?

mooshu is just aroud the corner!! xD

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
ssss55123 wrote:
I thought I'd never get through some of the quests we are sent on in MB. Near about drove me crazy.
The scrap iron? That search got better when I found out I could go around Regent's Square and get it!
I now have the Clockwork Tower to get to. And now my quest cursor disappeared. I've tried resetting Hardware, etc., but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions? I've even tried some of my other characters and its not there either. lol Maybe I've just gotten lazy.
But all in all, I (think) I like MB. :?

Mabye your quest helper is turned on off or its just a bug

Survivor
Oct 19, 2008
After I got out of Krok, And entered MB, My first thought was, Dude I'm going to LOVE these outfits! :D Then, after a little a while I thought, Oh. My. Word.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
I have played the game for about a month. In that time I solo'd two wizards up to around 30. So I don't really know much about the game yet. They are on different accounts. I am playing them as a team in MB including Kensington Park at the moment. I could not solo KP and got whacked for awhile teaming it, too.

KP is challenging, but I learned more about the game, deck composition, strategy, character specialization, etc. in that one dungeon than I had up until that point... because it is challenging and requires changes in play style to succeed. The street fights in Marleybone more or less seem trivial now, but I have not completed all the quests (I do all the side quests) or the area, so who knows, maybe I will end up joining the MB Haters Club. I dont think so though.

So far Marleybone is my favorite area.

As far as gloomy, etc. Well... erm... ever been to London? On the other hand MB seems to usually have a beautiful full moon.

Sincerely,
Team Tristan Stone

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
Honestly, you can't hate Marleybone. It's interesting actually because some of the places are real. I enjoyed how KingsIsle made it their own. Marleybone puts a humorous perspective on past as well as integrating a famous fictional character and part of his story. (Sherlock Holmes' enemy was Moriarty.) Some of the only things about Marleybone that i don't like is the Ironworks, which I have memorized, and the pull. Even today I was looking for the scavenger hunt item and got pulled into battle numerous times. I hope you learn to love this symbolic place and its bosses, street creatures, Ironworks (bleh.), and the needy Emily Chesterfield and all of her party invitations. You need Marleybone to get to MooShu, and therefore MooShu to get to Dragonspyre. Without Dragonspyre you cannot become a level forty eight or a Grandmaster and you cannot fight Malistaire. If you hate Marleybone, you are going to have a hard time.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
Here's what I like about MB: It's the fastest world to get through.

Using my two wizards on two different accounts, I can get through it in a day. Granted, it's a LONG day, but it flies by.

The thing about MB is that there are a bunch of side quests that run you back and forth. However, if you stick to the MAIN quests only, you can get through this world in NO time!

Find a Grand to help you out, and you'll be done with it in no time!