Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Q & A grandmasters and moderators plz post

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
Here we put questions and someone else puts awnsers (hopefully) . k, I'll start: 1. How do you gift crown items? 2. Does anyone notice every 12 or 24 hours you lose connection? Why is that? 3. How do you whisper to someone who's not your friend? thx!

Daniel Mythblade, lvl. 30 and 12796/12895 xp, life secondary myth, current world marleybone, 1 house (cottage), 1253 health, 175 mana, 25% power pip, 12,708 gold, 1 training point, 21 crowns, 3 arena tickets (4. oh yeah how do you quick join? it shows up gray) iniate crafter, character stats 12% defense vs everything, quest clockwork key. (yes I like long endings)

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Hey

in order to gift, you have to go to parental controls and activate it the same way you would for text chat. Then you have to buy something from the crowns shop and when you buy, it gives an option to gift it.

Losing connection might be from YOUR internet connection, weather in your area, or w101 problems. It happens to all once in a while.

There is no way to whisper to someone who is not your friend unless you make a group and do the group chat. Which is for text chat.

You quick join by clicking quickjoin or quickplay or whats-it-called. It shows up gray in ranked matches because it takes a while to put you in a team. Its just the process.

Kestrel Ghostwalker~ A fellow Grand

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
IamLezul wrote:

There is no way to whisper to someone who is not your friend unless you make a group and do the group chat. Which is for text chat.

Actually yes there is. I've had it happen to me several times and have wondered how they are doing it. I asked on two occasions. The first time the person said it was a special trick and wouldn't say more. The second time I couldn't understand what they were trying to explain as half of what they said never passed the word filter.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
You can whisper to someone who is not your friend but their names must have been in your chat window. Simply click on their name to bring up their name and then click text chat. You may be able to do the same thing by right clicking on their name.

On another note...If you have multiple wizards (on same account) and want to add a friend from one list to another. Simply have them whisper to you. Log out and then back onto the wizard you want to add them to and then press [r] and type something. They can then add you to their list from their chat window.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
If you're losing internet connection every 12 or 24 hours, it could be your Router/Modem's DHCP (Dynamic Host Control Protocol) lease expiring. It obtains a new lease, which could interrupt your internet connection for up to a few minutes.

The main reason this occurs is so the Router/Modem can properly assign the IP addresses to the connected devices. Most networks are set up to use DHCP so the user doesn't have to manually enter the IP address and Gateway information when setting up the internet connection.

To fix this, log into your Router/Modem and manually obtain a new lease sometime when you normally don't access the internet. I.e. - 4:00 A.M. You can use Google to figure out how to do this. This way, when the Router/Modem re-obtains the lease, it will occur when you're (hopefully) not using the internet. Some Routers/Modems allow you to specify the interval between expirations (12H, 24H, 36H, 48H, etc.).

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
superluther wrote:
You can whisper to someone who is not your friend but their names must have been in your chat window. Simply click on their name to bring up their name and then click text chat. You may be able to do the same thing by right clicking on their name.

On another note...If you have multiple wizards (on same account) and want to add a friend from one list to another. Simply have them whisper to you. Log out and then back onto the wizard you want to add them to and then press [r] and type something. They can then add you to their list from their chat window.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life

that's what I thought but it always shows up gray. :?

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
DokkenShang wrote:
IamLezul wrote:

Actually yes there is. I've had it happen to me several times and have wondered how they are doing it. I asked on two occasions. The first time the person said it was a special trick and wouldn't say more. The second time I couldn't understand what they were trying to explain as half of what they said never passed the word filter.

You can text someone that is not on your friends list. By right clicking their name in the chat box.

Madeline Dragonrider A Grand

Survivor
May 08, 2009
Darekaon wrote:
Here we put questions and someone else puts awnsers (hopefully) . k, I'll start: 1. How do you gift crown items? 2. Does anyone notice every 12 or 24 hours you lose connection? Why is that? 3. How do you whisper to someone who's not your friend? thx!

Daniel Mythblade, lvl. 30 and 12796/12895 xp, life secondary myth, current world marleybone, 1 house (cottage), 1253 health, 175 mana, 25% power pip, 12,708 gold, 1 training point, 21 crowns, 3 arena tickets (4. oh yeah how do you quick join? it shows up gray) iniate crafter, character stats 12% defense vs everything, quest clockwork key. (yes I like long endings)

Hi! :D Answer # 1.) To gift crown items, simply activate it on your account using the parental controls. # 2.) I lose connection a lot, too. Probably something like a bug in the system. # 3.) I am not sure how to whisper to anyone thats not my friend either! :D

Hope I helped! Sabrina ~ Level 50 Ice/Life