Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

grandmaster problem that needs to STOP!

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jul 08, 2009
Do you find it annoying when you ask for help and they say something like "your a grandmaster, you dont need help" or something like that? Someone explain why everyone thinks grandmasters are like invincable .

Once i was fighting a gurtok and my friends had to leave so i ask some other friends, my response:

"Dude! Your a grandmaster do it yourself!"

I mean i find it very annoying and (occasonally) harassing havething to solo everything because we are a high level. Dont you other grandmasters find it annoying to not get help because your "high leveled"?

(oh by the way i deleted the so called "friend")

Andrew level 50 myth grand
Isaiah spirtthorn level 10 balance initiate

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
Mabey it's just me, but I prefer the challenge of soloing everything I can. I very rarely ask for help. When I do ask, it's usually because the task requires more than one person (such as the Mallistaire fight).

For the hard boss fights, look at it as a test of your skill. Keep trying over and over, and push through to victory. The win will mean so much more to you if you do, and the experience you gain by figuring out a winning strategy will help you develope your skill. Learning to depend on yourself and figure out a way out of problems will help you in life as well. Not everything will come to you without hard work, either in game, or in life.

Cat

Explorer
May 19, 2009
i agree I'll ask for help once.or ill wait there and see if anyone is going in and tag along.usually someone will come along soon on the same quest as you and usually you don't want long.

But if it does not happen i keep at it until i smash em.
not to mention each time you fight them you get more stuff to sell.

Keep in mind that this is not a solo game that's why there are FOUR
Circles.Some just don't understand that until there out in the commons yelling HEY CAN I GET SOME HELP WITH BLAH BLAH.
keep in mind Fluttering to all those Friends helping and they never
and they not wanting to return the favor.

S.W.L G.M. P.M

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
First off, i have never had that happen to me. Want to know why? :D
Cause i have great irl friends on here, and great not irl friends too. But usually i only ask for help when i bored or need it

Hero
May 27, 2009
No, I've never had that happen, and it sounds like you were right to delete that "friend." I wonder how many times you had helped him with HIS tasks...

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
Another thing you need to keep in mind - when you ask someone for help, you are asking them to stop what they are doing and use THEIR game time to help you. Most people probably wouldn't mind helping out once in a while, but if you are ALWAYS asking for help, you may find that you will not get it. I have had people on my friend's list that always wanted "help". What they really wanted was for me to follow them around while they did their quests. As a result, I deleted them off my list. I had no choice, because it was becoming increasingly more difficult to complete my own quests due to the interruptions, and I got tired of constantly being asked.

Be sure you really need the help, and make sure you try it on your own first before you ask. Maybe if you keep your "help" requests to a minimum, you may find more people willing to give up their time to help you out.

Cat

Defender
Jan 03, 2009
I've never encountered that problem but that sounds really annoying, I've needed help plenty of times so people stop thinking grandmasters can do everything on their own.

Survivor
Jul 10, 2009
with a myth grand you can summon a henchmen or minion
quite easy

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
I have the opposite problem-I prefer to solo, but friends are constantly asking for my help, or low level people are trying to friend me while I am trying to buy reagents for crafting quests in the Bazaar. Soloing is fun, and challenging, and as a Grand Master, you have more spells in a larger deck, more gold for treasure cards and minions, and it's pretty easy to defeat most of the bosses. Well, maybe not the HUGE ones in Grizzelheim or Malistaire, but most everything else. Have fun, kill evil beasties and always look great!

Erin Dawn Weaver Grand Master Life

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
What I find annoying is that i have a friend who i have helped ALOT because i happen to be nice enough. Like seriously, i helped him ALL DAY doing the labyrinth for him to farm (whole labyrinth). For two days (morning till bed), i helped him farm on jade oni. Like thousands of other times farming on other bosses. I ask him to help me with ONE boss, he tells me he's busy. ONE boss. I waste my time on helping you, and you have never once helped me. I call it a GREAT bargain

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
henrysoohoo wrote:
quite easy
Those are one of the responses i get because my "so called" friends cant help. Half of the time the minions get SLAUGHTERED by the time it becomes useful

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
What I find annoying is that i have a friend who i have helped ALOT because i happen to be nice enough. Like seriously, i helped him ALL DAY doing the labyrinth for him to farm (whole labyrinth). For two days (morning till bed), i helped him farm on jade oni. Like thousands of other times farming on other bosses. I ask him to help me with ONE boss, he tells me he's busy. ONE boss. I waste my time on helping you, and you have never once helped me. I call it a GREAT bargain

Thats happens sometimes,i've helpped ppl who dont like to help me,I even not helped friends mostly because iam in fight/match in arena or helping someone else,but my friend understand that iam gaming and have things i like to go do,but 90% of the time i go help them.
those that i have helped who tell me no do so for the same reasons.
but ai have a good group of friends.

Explorer
Mar 29, 2009
henrysoohoo wrote:
quite easy

I am a Grand myth and it isnt that easy summoning a minion.They take your traps and fients.The minotaur doesnt help he only shields himself.He rarely attacks.So just because your myth doesnt mean you are that great

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
Do you find it annoying when you ask for help and they say something like "your a grandmaster, you dont need help" or something like that? Someone explain why everyone thinks grandmasters are like invincable .

Once i was fighting a gurtok and my friends had to leave so i ask some other friends, my response:

I mean i find it very annoying and (occasonally) harassing havething to solo everything because we are a high level. Dont you other grandmasters find it annoying to not get help because your "high leveled"?

I'm Death School, Level 45.

There are many, many dungeon fights in this game that require 3 or 4 grand masters or other high level players to win the fight and still it takes a loooong time to wear them down.

I recently had to do Jotun in Grizzleheim and I asked my grand master friend for help and she said (as a grand master mind you), "No way, we need more than you and me to finish that or we'll all die. We did it with three and won.

As they progress they will find out the hard way that high level players do need support in a fight but it's a shame that they don't find it out until they get there.

By then it is far to late to go back to you and say, "Ooops."

Survivor
Apr 17, 2009

another problem with being a high level is that people always add you just so they can bother you for help every five minutes.
With patience victory is yours.
Duncan Trollblood lvl 47

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
jaronuts wrote:

I'm Death School, Level 45.

There are many, many dungeon fights in this game that require 3 or 4 grand masters or other high level players to win the fight and still it takes a loooong time to wear them down.

I recently had to do Jotun in Grizzleheim and I asked my grand master friend for help and she said (as a grand master mind you), "No way, we need more than you and me to finish that or we'll all die. We did it with three and won.

As they progress they will find out the hard way that high level players do need support in a fight but it's a shame that they don't find it out until they get there.

By then it is far to late to go back to you and say, "Ooops."

Totally. Pity they have to learn the hard way.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2009
Well, if you ever see a Jenna Soulcatcher on the game and need help....I'll help out. To me it doesn't matter what level you are. I'm a grand now, but I was always asked to help people because I'm a life person. I also have an ice person named Rachel Frostbringer. I just like to help people and will eventually get to what I need to do. It's more experience points and gold anyway...right?

So, if you see me....ask me to help and I will. :-)

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
Well, I am a grandmaster too, and I sometimes need help, but never that it's life or death. (not the schools xD)

I find it much more annoying when people are constantly asking me for help when I just want to spend some time alone. There's always someone teleporting to me, and if I turn my teleporter off, they're constantly whispering to me!

I had this one guy on my friend who was constantly asking me to do Malistare, even though he was still in krokotopia! It got SO annoying! I didn't want to delete him, but I felt as if I'm about to explode. Here's what I mean:

Friend:"Hi!"
Me: "hi"
Friend: Can you help me with this quest?

I found this question really annoying because I had turned my teleported off, which obviously means I'm not going to help you or I'm busy right now. I really felt like giving him a piece of my mind, just because I'm a grand doesn't mean I have nothing else to do! I didn't have an excuse this time, and if I said pvp he was gonna ask me if he could watch me, so I decided to tell the truth.

Me: "no"
Friend:"Why?" "Later then?"
Me: "no"
Friend: "Why not?"

I deleted him immediately because I was just SICK OF IT!

That's what it feels on MY side of the line. People constantly asking me for help, or constantly asking me to pvp with them. Although you might of been in trouble, that person might have had my trouble. Even though he could of responded in a nicer way, he probably had a few other friends at the moment bugging him. probably

Jennifer Angleweaver
Rachel Rainhaven
Master of Ice and Storm

Survivor
Mar 23, 2009
cat i agree you DONT need help when your a grandmaster ok you have or gm move which can pretty much kill anything heres how you kill something cause your a gm

first get a good healing card like satyr
get 2 myth blades and use your awesome gm card to kill him

or if you really want help dont ask for it then people will like you adn help you

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
I hate that so MUCH!!! Nobody cares that sometimes you need help... we help them all of the time it is not very fair!

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
kwlchik10 wrote:
cat i agree you DONT need help when your a grandmaster ok you have or gm move which can pretty much kill anything heres how you kill something cause your a gm

first get a good healing card like satyr
get 2 myth blades and use your awesome gm card to kill him

or if you really want help dont ask for it then people will like you adn help you

You really don't understand, do you?