Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

machine of wonder. ( crowns )

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
Ok so i just going around playing wizards when i had an idea that is more detailed then just buy from a shop. What if there is a machine or somthing by zeke that you pay gold for crowns. it can be a price of like 5 gold for 1 crown each so that for those poor people who arent allowed to BUY crowns. please think of the children, add this machine :( :). i am sure they will be very happy. if you like my idea post.

Logan stormwalker
Lv. 48
fellow myth student

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
51qw wrote:
Ok so i just going around playing wizards when i had an idea that is more detailed then just buy from a shop. What if there is a machine or somthing by zeke that you pay gold for crowns. it can be a price of like 5 gold for 1 crown each so that for those poor people who arent allowed to BUY crowns. please think of the children, add this machine :( :). i am sure they will be very happy. if you like my idea post.

Logan stormwalker
Lv. 48
fellow myth student

Um... if they did that they loss huge amounts of money, so i dont think they would do that, I suggested that, you know how you can pay crowns for gold? reverse it so what ever gold you payed = the amount of crowns required to get that gold

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
Kings Isle probably wouldn't do this. With crowns, their making money. If you can buy crowns with gold, there is no money to be made. You have to remember, Kings Isle has employees who need to be paid. They need money just as much as you.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
As much as people would love this, this is one idea that ain't gonna happen.
The reason crowns cost money is cause KingsIsle needs money to keep the game up and running, without paying people, there is no Wizard101.

Defender
Jul 01, 2008
The general idea of a gold-->crown exchange has been around. After all, there is a crown-->gold exchange available.

It's a nice idea.

If you see in the crown shop:

800 crowns buys 1,000 gold-->simplified to about 79 crowns buys 100 gold
2,300 crowns buys 3,000 gold-->simplified to about 76 crowns buys 100 gold
3,700 crowns buys 5,000 gold-->simplified to 74 crowns buys 100 gold
7,100 crowns buys 10,000 gold-->simplified to 71 crowns buys 100 gold

Therefore it's reasonable that we are able to exchange gold to crowns at a rate or about 10 gold for 7 or 8 crowns, depending on the quantity of crowns purchased. If this seems unfair, you can even mark the gold price higher.

It's understandable that part of the point of crowns is for those who wish to use money in real life to purchase in-game currency have the opportunity to.

Then again, as you said, 51qw, there's the kids (I am one), or the people who can't afford crowns. Does that mean they can't have the opportunity to stitch, use 2nd-chance chests, etc.

This would be a feature I would like to see too.

Amber Pixiefountain life 50
Amber Goldleaf myth 50
Amber Willowleaf balance 50
Amber Moon storm 50
Amber Flame fire 12