Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Just Wondering

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 12, 2008
OK, I have been wondering for awhile if the quests I do currently at lvl 50 would give me experience for the future when new levels come out or if they would go to waste, because I havent done any in a long time fearing I would lose experience. So please answer administrators and thank you. :)

Cody Silverthorn
Grandmaster Pyromancer

Administrator
After level 50, no new experience is rewarded. Experience you would have received from quests your duels that you complete after you reach level 50 is lost, I'm afraid.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Sep 12, 2008
Oh thank you so much because I am perfectly fine with waiting and am happy I didnt waste any experience :)

Delver
May 29, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
After level 50, no new experience is rewarded. Experience you would have received from quests your duels that you complete after you reach level 50 is lost, I'm afraid.

Professor Greyrose,
I know you have received a ton of mail about the level caps, and I guess it is my turn to add mine as well. I have quit doing my quests for my grand wizards because I do not want to lose my experience points. I have been working on other wizards in the meantime, but I was wondering if you might have a tentative date for when the caps will be increased. I would really like to finish the story and find out what happens. As of now, I had only received my dragon rider staff when I maxed out so I have gone no further.

I am looking forward to continuing my education and seeing new worlds. Any advice or tips you can address for us grandmasters would be appreciated.

Thank you sincerely,
Alura Hexcaster Grandmaster Sorceress
Briana Mooncloud Grandmaster Diviner

Survivor
Apr 14, 2009
Most of the time, when a game gets its Maximum Level Cap raised, there is generally new content/quests/battles to help players attain the new cap (usually the quests/content are aimed at progressing a storyline, so there is more then just leveling your character up)

That being said, I just don't understand why people stop Questing once they hit level 50 (well... unless its someones second, or more, character). You are missing out on chunks of storyline, and possibly access to areas (to me being able to go where I want or need to without relying on someone else is important). On my first character, I hit level 50 shortly after completing The Labyrinth so there was a lot of Dragonspyre left for me to explore, and Grizzleheim wasn't even out yet. I still did all of the quests (currently still have one to do.... but thats Briskbreeze Tower, and I haven't been on that character in a while) for both Dragonspyre and Grizzleheim, just for the story (ok well Dragonspyre was for the gear too... and yeah I was a little disheartened to see all the XP from the quests just vanish)

Someone put a lot of work into all of the stuff you are not experiencing and enjoying, and you are paying for it. Also think of all the new story you may miss, when the level cap is raised and you reach it before you get to end of the new story.

But thats just my feelings (and experience from other Online games)