Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Charity Mounts

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 28, 2008
Awesome idea KI, however, I challenge you to go one farther. The mount is at present only available for crowns. Not all those who wish to purchase and help have access to crowns. In game gold, gold we as subscribers and crown players alike earn through the continued upkeep and support of this wonderful game, would also boost the amount of help to these wonderful charities. Don't want to donate the full amount for the mounts bought with in game gold? Then donate half the amount and you still loose nothing and the children of both organizations win. What about it KI? Can you tighten your belts one notch more and really dig in this holiday season? Yes, you will be donating but what you have set up is a no lose no donate situation. Nothing is lost to you and the players are the ones donating. Care to match us?

James DreamRider
GrandMaster Balance
No Retreat, No Surrender,
And No One gets left Behind
USArmy Retired

Survivor
Oct 24, 2009
Pretty sure more people would be willing to buy it too if it were 50% Speed instead of 30%.

Survivor
Nov 03, 2009
it's only 30%? hmph. i can't think of a good reason to have done that.

would someone like to tell me why they are only 30% speed?

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Ralskie wrote:
Pretty sure more people would be willing to buy it too if it were 50% Speed instead of 30%.

I can't see why they didn't make it 40% like the rest of the mounts. It adds a unneeded deterrant that may cause some not to buy.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
I too wished to donate and purchased the Charity mount with crowns (i.e., cash) only to learn from another thread that the Charity mount IS SLOWER than the rest of the permanent mounts!

oceandaydreamer wrote:
The new Meowmoden Charity Mount that is available is really cool looking, but why are we being ripped off on mount speed? Anyone with this mount will not be able to keep up with their friends who have normal mounts!

You gotta be kidding me!!!

I wanted another mount for my wizards to share, so I purchased that CROWN ONLY mount, not just because it was on sale, but because the proceeds go to charity. I never looked at the run speed percentage because ALL the permanent mounts had the same speed.

That comment made me relaunch my game and take another look. Sure enough, he goes 10% slower then the rest of the permanent mounts.

KI, are you out of your minds!?!? What were you thinking that you would reward those people who's generousity of spirit had them they PAY CASH instead of in-game gold to get a mount, then cripple them by reducing their speed?

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
Ralskie wrote:

So true. I bought one cause I liked the color but won't get any more because of that speed issue. You can't even keep up with friends on mounts with them :-/

Survivor
Nov 03, 2009
Can we get a response from KI here? I mean, those of us who bought the mounts deserve a reason given for the speed restriction. It's a simple request: please tell us what thought process lead you to only 30% speed boost.

Thanks.

Survivor
Sep 08, 2009
The difference between +30% and +40% is hardly noticeable. The actual ratio is: 1.30 / 1.40 = 0.9286 or about 7.14% difference, not 10%.

I can keep up with my friends just fine and can beat them if I keep a straighter line and don't bump into obstructions.

I think KI did this because the charity mount costs less crowns than the similar Bengal tiger.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
But all the other mounts can be bought with in game gold, while the charity mounts were crownd (i.e., read cash) only. And all the permanent mounts have 40%, while the charity mounts is only 30%. And what happens when your buddies are also going at a straighter line?

There was no reason once so ever for the charity mounts to have had their run speed reduced. It was just petty on KI's part.

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
Preacher7719 wrote:
But all the other mounts can be bought with in game gold, while the charity mounts were crownd (i.e., read cash) only. And all the permanent mounts have 40%, while the charity mounts is only 30%. And what happens when your buddies are also going at a straighter line?

There was no reason once so ever for the charity mounts to have had their run speed reduced. It was just petty on KI's part.

I agree completely.

Also what if people are on computers with different speeds? I have a fast computer but the funny thing is that friends I have on slower ones look like they are going faster, even when they aren't, so I lose sight of them sometimes and end up having to port to them constantly.

You would also think since you HAD TO pay real money for these mounts that they would be as good, if not greater than, coin-bought mounts.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
Preacher7719 wrote:
But all the other mounts can be bought with in game gold, while the charity mounts were crownd (i.e., read cash) only.

That's what makes it a CHARITY, because it can only be bought with crowns means you have to spend real money. In turn that real money is what KI donates.

Survivor
Nov 04, 2009
I also was going to buy the new tiger mount for my daughter and myself. My daughter thought it was a great way to give charity to children but I am not happy with the slower mount speed for real cash. What reason would you sell a new mount and yet nerf the speed? Adjust the speed to at least match the other mount speeds your much more likely to get more people to purchase them.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
DokkenShang wrote:
Preacher7719 wrote:
But all the other mounts can be bought with in game gold, while the charity mounts were crownd (i.e., read cash) only.

That's what makes it a CHARITY, because it can only be bought with crowns means you have to spend real money. In turn that real money is what KI donates.

You pull one sentence out of two paragraphs and read a different meaning into it and responded only to it.

I know that the real money is being donated to charity. That is why I bought that mount instead of any other, which I could have gotten for in-game gold.

My complaint is completely about the charity mount's speed. It makes absolutely no sense for it to be slower than any of the other permanent mounts. KI had to actually go out of their way (new coding) to make it slower.

That is just plain wrong and petty.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2009
i agree this is entirely unjust, we need a response on this. I like this cat, i like that the money went to charity, but to underhandedly reduce its speed with no mention of this is just entirely wrong. I can understand the need to deter everyone buying this discounted mount, but this was the wrong way to do so!