Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

W101 for Mac someday? Maybe?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
I know that there's a way for Mac users to play W101. I already know all about it so no advice is needed.

What I want to know is if anyone has ever discussed possibly creating a Mac version of W101. Playing games on Mac OS X has been pretty cool so far, the graphics are nice and crisp. And just FYI -- I'm a new user, not talking it up, just pleased. ^_^

It's a pain in the butt having to switch from OS X to Windows. I totally understand that there may not be that many people playing on Macs and all that but there's no harm in throwing the idea out there. I haven't actually played W101 for a while simply because I hate switching to Windows and despite having had it for maybe 2 or 3 months, I've only done so less than half a dozen times and dread doing it at all. >.>

That and I play WoW as well and it'd be nice to have all of my games in one place instead of having to reboot. Mind you, I tried using a VM but that's a no go for gaming. :?

Survivor
Jul 23, 2009
I play on my MacPro laptop all the time. I completely agree that it is a pain in the rear to have to boot Windows to do it. I would love to see a Mac version.

But... the question is what percentage of the kid population (which is their primary audience) has access to Macs? I don't know, but maybe not that many.

Defender
May 31, 2009
i have a mac and i tried installing wiz101 so many times with it and some random greek language just showed up... i wanna play wiz101 at my grandmas house but she has a mac (which im using) and i really wish there could be wizard101 for mac. please kingsisle please make wizard101 for mac!

Administrator
Wizard101 runs on a Windows enabled computer.

To enable Windows on your Mac, visit apple.com and follow their instructions. Click here to learn more.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
May 31, 2009
I already had Windows on my Mac but it still doesn't let me play it... the greek just kept showing up...