Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New MacOS Catalina wizard update support realise yet?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 05, 2016
In beginning of October 1st there was a news about not to update on new Mac Os Catalina
Sometimes in October, Now it's November 1st.
Should I update my mac Os? I will able to continue playing wizard?

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/headmasters-announcements/macos-update-warning-your-access-to-wizard101-8ad6a4266d6796e5016d842a6f7217f8?page=1

Administrator
Dufuss417 on Nov 1, 2019 wrote:
In beginning of October 1st there was a news about not to update on new Mac Os Catalina
Sometimes in October, Now it's November 1st.
Should I update my mac Os? I will able to continue playing wizard?

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/headmasters-announcements/macos-update-warning-your-access-to-wizard101-8ad6a4266d6796e5016d842a6f7217f8?page=1
No updates yet, please hold off on updating your OS, thanks!

Survivor
Jun 29, 2011
its now december. may i update my mac now

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
morning star on Dec 16, 2019 wrote:
its now december. may i update my mac now
still no, I'd expect next year if anything

Survivor
Dec 20, 2013
It would be really helpful to get an idea of when this update will be coming. We have all known for over a year that all Mac programs would have to be 64 bit to be compliant with Catalina, so what is taking KingsIsle so long? I have a new Mac that runs Catalina, but have had to hang onto my old Mac, instead od selling it, just to play W101. How much longer will we have to wait?

Administrator
2Chihuahuas on Dec 18, 2019 wrote:
It would be really helpful to get an idea of when this update will be coming. We have all known for over a year that all Mac programs would have to be 64 bit to be compliant with Catalina, so what is taking KingsIsle so long? I have a new Mac that runs Catalina, but have had to hang onto my old Mac, instead od selling it, just to play W101. How much longer will we have to wait?
Unfortunately it's not entirely up to us when this is done, we are partially relying upon our partners to get the necessary connections made. It looks to be getting close to completion, but we do not have an eta yet.

Survivor
Aug 02, 2013
please can we have a date on when we will be able to play wizard 101 some of us are really tired of waiting

Administrator
Apologies about the continued wait. We're working with our partners as quickly as possible, but this is a major update.

If you wish to continue playing, it is possible by uninstalling Catalina for now. Please see Mac OS operating software and help support on how to do this.

Survivor
Aug 02, 2013
please and please I am sorry to ask but can we have a date for the update to support Catalina I pls