Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

what is a good pet for a magus sorcerer wizard101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 30, 2012
I am a Magnus Sorcerer looking for a decent pet that will actually help me in some way (preferably a Mob Drop). I am not looking for minions. I tried to find one on the wiki it was too unclear for me. If someone actually answers this, I would very much be in your debt.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
firecon101102 on Sep 7, 2018 wrote:
I am a Magnus Sorcerer looking for a decent pet that will actually help me in some way (preferably a Mob Drop). I am not looking for minions. I tried to find one on the wiki it was too unclear for me. If someone actually answers this, I would very much be in your debt.
I'm a bit rubbish with remembering the titles - you're a balance wiz, level 40-49, right?

Your game play depends what pet would be useful to you and Balance wizards have quite a wide variety of play-styles.

Tank - ward pet
Healer - resists, outgoing healing boosts
Hitter - damages

Any choice could find spell-proof or maycast heals useful too.

As for body-type if you're a healer then the leaf foot is a nice one, as a hitter I'd look for something with a blade, but you can't really go wrong with a universal blade whatever your play-style.

25% balanceblade: blaze fox; desert beast; gallant bull; gobblerball; harmonic quetzel; noble kookaburra; opossum; prime piggle; sabretooth; sporty dragon.

30% dragonblade: afflicted treant; alert hound; aqua dragon; carnation pixie; damp demon; emerald cyclops; friendly dragon; frontier dragon; hero pig; hotzilla; ianthine hound; old sparky; pioneer dragon; polar cat; quick piggle; skeletal legionnaire; skeletal marauder; sneaky piggle; spiritual dragon; supportive wildclaw; talented piggle; thunder colossus; tricky dragon; wintery elf.

You could check what is in the kiosk, looking under balance pets or search body types, perhaps starting with the listed ones above. Wards is a tricky one to find just because they could be on any body, so fall into any category. I have some ward tigers in the kiosk - they can be found under balance pets - if you want to use them to boost your stats, get the pool or make a copy. They're max stat (255 250 260 260 250) and have proof, defy, 7 wards and enfeeble in pool.

I do not recommend using a first generation pet, hatching will help you make something way better!

I hope this helps you make some decisions and if you need any other help please just say! Good luck and happy hatching!

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
The best pets drop from difficult bosses and therefore, you'll need to find a team willing and able to help you.

Enchanted Armaments
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Enchanted_Armament#axzz5QNwKbE7y

They drop from the Gladiator, a boss hidden inside Mt. Olympus. You must take friends, this is a boss actually intended for level 70 or above. However, a good team working together can defeat him even if they're level 30-40.

Clockwork Paladdin
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Clockwork_Paladin#axzz5QNwKbE7y

This pet drops in the Barkingham Palace dungeon, from the boss at the end of the second instance. Again, a very tough battle. I'd recommend checking the wiki and preparing for the cheats. A good team of 3-4 wizards should be able to handle this fight as long as they work together and mind the cheats. Specifically, you'll want to kill the Chief Whip first.

Krokotilian
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Krokotillian#axzz5QNwKbE7y

This basic pet drops from Meowiarty at the end of Marleybone, and also from Ra (a wooden skeleton key boss) in Krokotopia. Ra also drops Snake in a Basket, which is a crown Balance pet and pretty darn great for a beginner pet.

If you've got 50,000 gold, all three of these pets are also available for hatching straight from the pet hatching kiosk. Even if you do get a great pet drop, I'd recommend improving it with hatching....

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven