Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Making The Game Better

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 14, 2012
So for years, there has been two things that me and my friends agree need to become reality in the game.

1. Dyable Pack Gear: I love changing the colors of my outfits, some colors don't appeal to me and I like everything to match. Items that you get from card packs are never dyable, limiting me to the colors of the creator's choice. This usually causes me to end up getting rid of what would otherwise be some really cool stuff. I, and many others I've talked to about it, think that really needs to change.

2. Tradable Items: One of the biggest benefits in games is the ability to trade items. It gives others the chance to trade what they don't want to people who do really want that item, in exchange for something the trader wants. This would be extremely useful for Wizard101, especially considering the gamble of a card pack. For example, let's say there's a pet someone really wants...someone buys a card pack and gets it, but they don't want it. It opens up opportunities. So I strongly suggest making items and gold tradable, instead of just treasure cards.

This next one is a rather new suggestion since the Magic Mirror update is very recent, but I'm also thinking it would be helpful to give the Crown Shop hairstyles more color options to match the color of choice you pay for through the Magic Mirror, so that you don't have to only show your new style off with a hat. Rainbow hair from the Magic Mirror? Have a matching hairstyle from the Crown Shop with the same color. Or you could just make the option to remove a hat without going back to the default...whichever you prefer.

Also as a little PS, I'm really loving the new graphics update...it's definitely laggy...but nice. Glad they have the Classic Mode option though for slower computers, but I am hoping it doesn't take too long to get to the rest of the game areas. Sucks that the only areas with gorgeously improved graphics and etc. are the starter areas.

I hope you guys like my ideas, they've been long desired and I think some change to these things are a little overdue and would be a big help. I'd love to see your guys' opinions, and I really hope KingsIsle sees this and considers. It would mean a lot.

Explorer
May 13, 2018
Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I don't understand why pack gear can not be dyed and would love this to be enabled!

Trading beyond treasure cards could bring a whole lot of complications that could be negative, especially for younger or newer players. It would be too easy for a young/new player to be persuaded to trade their valuable drops or crown items, which could lead to regret and upset. Another risk is that it would encourage literal buying/selling of items for real money both in game and out...which is something we see with other MMO's. The biggest risk of this is perhaps not financial but in the temptation for younger players to make contact with strangers outside of the safety of the game.

Trading could also become 'too dominant' over playing/achieving. If we could use hand-me-down Zeus gear or Waterworks gear, why farm for it? It could be quicker to ask around and gift a few packs instead of playing the game and earning it...which not only robs us of the experience of playing and sense of achievement but also anyone who earned it could feel it has less value.

I think these could be some of the reasons KI may have chosen to keep trading to treasure cards...and even though there is a part of me that would love to be able to trade more, I think KI has made the right decision for the game and for the wizards in their care