Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dance of death

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 01, 2015
Hello I noticed that people with tiger mounts usually start turning round in the Commons and never stop turning. Is this some sort of plague? Pls tell me.

Andrew
Lv 52

Survivor
Jul 17, 2017
It isn't anything bad. You can do it without/with any mount. Holding "Shift" and pressing "A" or "D" will make you spin indefinitely so that you don't get disconnected when going AFK.

Blaze Griffin
Level 125

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Spinning is a way of maintaining your connection to W101 while you have to step away from your keyboard for a minute or two.

From a stationary position, hold down either the left or right turn keys.

While holding down the turn key also press the Ctrl button.

Lift your finger off the arrow key. If your wizard and mount or just wizard are still spinning the you have successfully put them in the holding pattern and you can then go and take care of whatever you need to in the real world without fear of being disconnected due to no activity.

Steven Ghoststalker

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
matveixx on Jul 16, 2018 wrote:
Hello I noticed that people with tiger mounts usually start turning round in the Commons and never stop turning. Is this some sort of plague? Pls tell me.

Andrew
Lv 52
I assume this "Tiger" was actually a black panther mount?
As for the never stop turning, I know people use it to prevent being disconnected for AFK but I don't personally do it myself.

Delver
Nov 16, 2017
Not totally sure, but I think that's a setting so that the game doesn't throw you out while you go do whatever. I'm with you though. These people choose the worst spots to stop; right in front of the world door....right in front of Prof Ambrose office......middle of the street.....Go ahead someone, I can hear you saying, you can go right through them. What's the problem? Physically yes, go right through. Courtesy wise, it would be nice if you rotated somewhere out of the way so other people didn't have to wade through spinning bodies.

Sydney Skyblood, lvl 91 Incindiari

Defender
Jul 01, 2015
Oh I can do that to not loose connection. Thanks guys