Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Muting people Watching Pvp Matches

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 03, 2016
Through my times of Pvp, There's been Countless Wu-Realmer Jerks Who Rant about Your team since there friends with the Other Team. Once there was this Jerk named Blaze Lightspear and kept trying to Swear through Text Chat at Me and My Friend Saying we're Awful and Noobs. Can't we just Mute those Dumb people? And Don't make a Voting System if they will get muted while watching or not since the other team will just be like 'Nah their my friend. Don't Mute.' so they can keep on Bullying. It is very Annoying and Ignorant, so please add this. It wouldn't make a problem if they were muted without a voting system. if the other team just starts to yell at you for muting them then you can mute them also it wouldn't matter if they muted you back since you can just text chat to your friend. the muted people can't private chat you, speak out loud, and etc. so Please add this KI.

Hope 'Ta Cya Through the Spiral Soon!

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
You can turn off all chat bubbles in your options menu while you PvP.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
TheLoyalStorm on Jul 24, 2017 wrote:
Through my times of Pvp, There's been Countless Wu-Realmer Jerks Who Rant about Your team since there friends with the Other Team. Once there was this Jerk named Blaze Lightspear and kept trying to Swear through Text Chat at Me and My Friend Saying we're Awful and Noobs. Can't we just Mute those Dumb people? And Don't make a Voting System if they will get muted while watching or not since the other team will just be like 'Nah their my friend. Don't Mute.' so they can keep on Bullying. It is very Annoying and Ignorant, so please add this. It wouldn't make a problem if they were muted without a voting system. if the other team just starts to yell at you for muting them then you can mute them also it wouldn't matter if they muted you back since you can just text chat to your friend. the muted people can't private chat you, speak out loud, and etc. so Please add this KI.

Hope 'Ta Cya Through the Spiral Soon!
I'm not sure if this is what you were looking for, but you can mute spectators when you're doing PVP. It's one of the chat options in your privacy settings. You can select "PVP Team Chat Only" and if selected to "yes," you should only see what your team-mates are saying.

If you're not in a PVP battle yourself but just standing around watching, and there is someone nearby who is annoying you, you can click on them and select "ignore." After that you will never see another word from them.

Alia Misthaven

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
All spectators should be muted period, no exceptions. The PVP environment is absolutely toxic and turning away many new potential PVPers. I see no legitimate reason why a spectator would need to talk openly, they can always group if they want to talk to friends there or even one of the duelers.

The most annoying thing to me is when players get muted they just go ahead and make a noob, lie about their age for open chat and continue to spew garbage at every match they go to.

Yes I play with chat bubbles off and pvp chat closed, the answer should not be to punish those of us who are innocent.

The other day I went to spectate a friend's match and the first thing I saw someone say was so disgusting it can not be repeated here, I reported them then noted they were a level 1, then I heard one say "do you have a talker"?

If anyone has a legitimate reason why spectators would need to talk feel free to post, I personally do not see any and believe this can go a long way to cleaning up the arena.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Freshta on Jul 25, 2017 wrote:
I'm not sure if this is what you were looking for, but you can mute spectators when you're doing PVP. It's one of the chat options in your privacy settings. You can select "PVP Team Chat Only" and if selected to "yes," you should only see what your team-mates are saying.

If you're not in a PVP battle yourself but just standing around watching, and there is someone nearby who is annoying you, you can click on them and select "ignore." After that you will never see another word from them.

Alia Misthaven
Why should the innocent have to suffer these extra steps exactly?

Defender
Apr 03, 2016
Freshta on Jul 25, 2017 wrote:

Alia Misthaven
Well Yeah but My Point is Even if we do turn on that option, They can still talk behind our backs even if we Ignore them And I absolutely hate it when people are talking bad about me behind my back

Defender
Apr 03, 2016
SilverbackMonkey on Jul 25, 2017 wrote:
They can still talk behind our back rudely and I hate it when people talk bad about me

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
TheLoyalStorm on Jul 25, 2017 wrote:
They can still talk behind our back rudely and I hate it when people talk bad about me
Let them talk behind your back, that's where they belong, and if they got the guts to face you, crush em

Defender
Apr 03, 2016
Jasmine3429 on Jul 25, 2017 wrote:
All spectators should be muted period, no exceptions. The PVP environment is absolutely toxic and turning away many new potential PVPers. I see no legitimate reason why a spectator would need to talk openly, they can always group if they want to talk to friends there or even one of the duelers.

The most annoying thing to me is when players get muted they just go ahead and make a noob, lie about their age for open chat and continue to spew garbage at every match they go to.

Yes I play with chat bubbles off and pvp chat closed, the answer should not be to punish those of us who are innocent.

The other day I went to spectate a friend's match and the first thing I saw someone say was so disgusting it can not be repeated here, I reported them then noted they were a level 1, then I heard one say "do you have a talker"?

If anyone has a legitimate reason why spectators would need to talk feel free to post, I personally do not see any and believe this can go a long way to cleaning up the arena.
Hey Jasmine, When they Make a Noob is it on the Same Account or on a Different One? Cuz I believe if it is a Different Account they have to Buy Something to Gain the Ability to even Unlock Open Chat

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
SilverbackMonkey on Jul 25, 2017 wrote:
I do, but why should I have to remember to do this everytime? I think the spectators should be muted, period, With chat channels being a thing they can only join one if they like

Muting spectators would go a long way to getting rid of the toxic environment in the arena imo

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Jasmine3429 on Aug 10, 2017 wrote:
I do, but why should I have to remember to do this everytime? I think the spectators should be muted, period, With chat channels being a thing they can only join one if they like

Muting spectators would go a long way to getting rid of the toxic environment in the arena imo
I don't think you could ever truly "mute" the spectators. Even if an automatic mute was installed for all the spectators, it simply boils down to the same exact effect of turning off chat bubbles, since they can still send private messages to each other or start a friend chat channel and still communicate about the match.

I agree, spectators at PvP matches are the most toxic group of people in this game, but limiting everyone is a little too extreme (especially if someone is mentoring in PvP or an online streamer is hosting a PvP session).

I always turn off chat bubbles and my chat box when entering PvP. It works great. I can't tell if they are saying anything good or bad.......but most importantly...it doesn't matter either way. (what I don't know, won't hurt me)

Your request sounds like you don't want to take the time to turn off chat bubbles, so everyone should be muted in the arena because of it???

...and I guarantee you that muting spectators in the arena will not change the toxic attitude of the players themselves, just like filter chat hasn't limited toxic conversations that get around the filters. However, you can eliminate your interaction with those toxic spectators by turning off your chat bubbles and turning off/switching your chat box.

Defender
Apr 03, 2016
Jasmine3429 on Aug 10, 2017 wrote:

I Agree, Jasmine!

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Oran of Urz on Aug 10, 2017 wrote:
I don't think you could ever truly "mute" the spectators. Even if an automatic mute was installed for all the spectators, it simply boils down to the same exact effect of turning off chat bubbles, since they can still send private messages to each other or start a friend chat channel and still communicate about the match.

I agree, spectators at PvP matches are the most toxic group of people in this game, but limiting everyone is a little too extreme (especially if someone is mentoring in PvP or an online streamer is hosting a PvP session).

I always turn off chat bubbles and my chat box when entering PvP. It works great. I can't tell if they are saying anything good or bad.......but most importantly...it doesn't matter either way. (what I don't know, won't hurt me)

Your request sounds like you don't want to take the time to turn off chat bubbles, so everyone should be muted in the arena because of it???

...and I guarantee you that muting spectators in the arena will not change the toxic attitude of the players themselves, just like filter chat hasn't limited toxic conversations that get around the filters. However, you can eliminate your interaction with those toxic spectators by turning off your chat bubbles and turning off/switching your chat box.
I do both pvp and pve and yes turning chat on and off gets a bit tiresome. Now that we have chat channels I really see no issue, if spectators were muted and wanted to chat, they could all join a channel to do it.

For myself I ignore it, but it is honestly turning new people away from PVP.

The entire thing with these people is that they get a kick out of the other person's reaction to their nonsense, if they could not openly talk in the Arena, what they are saying/how they are behaving will no longer serve to get a rise out of people, so although it may not change the person, they will have to find another avenue to get their kicks!