Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

new jewel idea: loot find

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
As the topic suggests, this type of jewel would help your drop rates. We all know that it can take a VERY long time to farm for anything we want, because it is so random. I am suggesting a set of jewels that would increase your chance of getting the item you're farming for. Starting at 1% and working all the way up to 3%, with a cap at 7% per character. This way, we put the time in, but have a slightly better chance to get the drops we want. This would only work for the things that have a horrendously low drop rate (spells, final boss gear, etc). Even with a 7% bonus, I can't see the drops being MUCH more often

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
dayerider on May 1, 2017 wrote:
As the topic suggests, this type of jewel would help your drop rates. We all know that it can take a VERY long time to farm for anything we want, because it is so random. I am suggesting a set of jewels that would increase your chance of getting the item you're farming for. Starting at 1% and working all the way up to 3%, with a cap at 7% per character. This way, we put the time in, but have a slightly better chance to get the drops we want. This would only work for the things that have a horrendously low drop rate (spells, final boss gear, etc). Even with a 7% bonus, I can't see the drops being MUCH more often
That seems like a fair idea. I suppose it would come as a triangle jewel?

I could see people abusing that advantage though as you would be able to attach multiple drop rate jewels to different pieces of gear to add up to a higher percentage.

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 117 Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Mirage)
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Genevieve HexPyre 98+ PvP Warlord
(Currently questing through Khrysalis)

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I stated that there would be a cap at 7%, so no matter how many jewels they attached, they couldnt overload the stat

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
dayerider on May 1, 2017 wrote:
How does the game know what you are farming for exactly? Perhaps it would be better stated to increase the drop rate of EPIC items. If it increased the drop rate across the board you would still be more likely to get junk drops.

Personally, i would love to see them make the drops like in Pirates, where the whole group gets the same drops, this way no one feels left out. And/or add group chests where you are guaranteed one rare gear piece specific to your school (like moo tower).

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
I like the idea

lastdiviner, if the jewel was a Star jewel for pets that could be the answer.

I have some neat star jewels (dropped from star flowers in new garden pack) that give 10% gold harvest boost, extra wisp boost, energy boost, etc., and switch out pets equipped with these based on what I am doing. Any percent boost for jewel collection I would love to see, similar to the boost for fishing chance.

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
SilverbackMonkey on May 2, 2017 wrote:
I like the idea

lastdiviner, if the jewel was a Star jewel for pets that could be the answer.

I have some neat star jewels (dropped from star flowers in new garden pack) that give 10% gold harvest boost, extra wisp boost, energy boost, etc., and switch out pets equipped with these based on what I am doing. Any percent boost for jewel collection I would love to see, similar to the boost for fishing chance.
A star jewel is a great suggestion Nice!

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 117 Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Mirage)
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Genevieve HexPyre 100+ PvP Warlord
(Currently questing through Khrysalis)

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Jasmine3429 on May 2, 2017 wrote:
How does the game know what you are farming for exactly? Perhaps it would be better stated to increase the drop rate of EPIC items. If it increased the drop rate across the board you would still be more likely to get junk drops.

Personally, i would love to see them make the drops like in Pirates, where the whole group gets the same drops, this way no one feels left out. And/or add group chests where you are guaranteed one rare gear piece specific to your school (like moo tower).
we're actually saying very close to the same thing about the drop rates, that's what I want the % to go to, the harder to get items and not the every day items.