Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Eke and Zaltanna?

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
How do I defeat these bosses solo?

Eke Chuah

Zaltanna the MirrorMask

Survivor
Nov 13, 2009
You could try asking KI to nerf them like Mirage because they're too hard, hehe...

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Delver
Jan 17, 2013
Fable Finder on Feb 11, 2017 wrote:
Any serious answers?
What's your school?

Try to blade twice and maybe do your Azteca damage aura to quickly take the minions out, and then double or triple feint, along with blades, to take the boss out.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Fable Finder on Feb 11, 2017 wrote:
Any serious answers?
Henchmen was the way I did it, max level Life + whatever school you need. 800 crowns.

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
First off, what school are you trying to do them in?

Make sure your gear is balanced. You probably want decent resist in order to last but still good damage and critical so you can actually kill your enemies.

Don't forget your shields and healing. A well timed heal will save you. Fortify can help if you are struggling with health too.

Some people recommend using a minion, I personally never did, but it's something you could try.

Hope this helps,

Moira Stormheart

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
anecorbie on Feb 11, 2017 wrote:
Henchmen was the way I did it, max level Life + whatever school you need. 800 crowns.
I too used henchmen, but I cheaped out. I used Level 60 so they only cost 75C each. A couple times I splurged and hired level 70 for 100C each.

My strategy for henchmen is probably slightly different. I don't bring them in to be my muscle. Henchmen for all intents and purposes are my shields so that I don't have to load any in my spell book. I hire them to heal or attack so that they become a greater threat and draw enemy fire away from me while I build up my attack.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
FusionSun on Feb 11, 2017 wrote:
What's your school?

Try to blade twice and maybe do your Azteca damage aura to quickly take the minions out, and then double or triple feint, along with blades, to take the boss out.
I'm a Level 95 Storm. What happens a lot is they take out ~75% of my health (rough estimate) so I need to heal, but sometimes it takes a while to show up, and I die. When I can heal, it usually isn't enough.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
anecorbie on Feb 11, 2017 wrote:
I usually use Henchmen as a last resort.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Moira Stormheart on Feb 11, 2017 wrote:
First off, what school are you trying to do them in?

Make sure your gear is balanced. You probably want decent resist in order to last but still good damage and critical so you can actually kill your enemies.

Don't forget your shields and healing. A well timed heal will save you. Fortify can help if you are struggling with health too.

Some people recommend using a minion, I personally never did, but it's something you could try.

Hope this helps,

Moira Stormheart
I put some info about my wizard on another post in this thread.

What Storm gear has good resist, and has decent stats in these?: Damage (preferably not below 60%), Accuracy (preferably not below 10%), Power Pips (preferably not below 70%), Healing In (preferably not below 10%), Pierce (preferably not below 10%).

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Fable Finder on Feb 12, 2017 wrote:
I usually use Henchmen as a last resort.
So do I, after trying solo ( at least 3 times or team up ) if that fails and I have the crowns, only then do I do that.

Delver
Jun 14, 2016

What Storm gear has good resist, and has decent stats in these?: Damage (preferably not below 60%), Accuracy (preferably not below 10%), Power Pips (preferably not below 70%), Healing In (preferably not below 10%), Pierce (preferably not below 10%).
Waterworks gear gives all of these except pierce, and you probably won't need pierce.

Defender
Aug 30, 2014

The Blackrain Hades gear from Tartarus is a good defensive yet offensive set, it's what my storm used. It's basically an upgrade to the Waterworks gear mentioned by sKochiya. It is tough to get however, as Hades drops it at the end of the dungeon amid multiple other gear options so it's hard to get the exact one you want and it might not be worth it to you as you will just have to do Darkmoor five levels later. You can also try crafted gear from say Avalon, although that does not give universal resist.

Try healing preemptively even when you think you may not need it. Use fortify if you have it trained and try to hit fast to get minions then focus on the boss. If you have a healing pet, it might be useful to use for these solo fights. Unfortunately (or fortunately) it sometimes comes down to a healthy dose of luck to succeed, like going first or drawing a good hand.

Let us know when you succeed!

Best of luck,

Moira Stormheart

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
Multiple enemy fights can be rough on Storm wizards with their relatively low health. Compounding this, these bosses hit with , which is difficult to shield against.

Eke

My advice to you is to sideboard some Ether Shields. Pull these in and cast them early on. Eke will hit with from time to time, which will get blunted by the shield.

The minions have 3,300 health each. With +50% damage from gear, you'll need a 2,200 health Tempest to kill them. You'll want to double damage using blades. Stormblade, Stormblade TC, and Galvanic Field should do the trick.

Once minions are dead, Eke should have around 10,000 health. Stack feints on him, then finish him off.

The key to this, as many boss fights, is to make sure you have only the cards you need in your deck.

Zaltanna
Minions are , so make sure to shield appropriately. Also make sure you pack a Mass Storm Prism. Minions have 3,400 health. With prisms, you can probably skip one of the Stormblades. Note that Zaltanna likes to deal elemental damage, so Volcanic and Glacial Shield spells will be very effective at reducing her and her minions' damage. Aside from these considerations, tactics are the same as with Eke.