Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Merle Ambrose + Gamma Batle

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 06, 2010
Since we have graduated from Ravenwood and have learned all of the Ravenwod spells that the Ravenwood professors can teach us, I believe that this idea will be very cool to add to the game.

This idea will start with a notification from Merle Ambrose: "Young Wizard, I know you are probably busy with your adventures, but if you want, come meet me in my tower for a practice dual and I may offer you an award." You go into his house in the Commons and speak to him and he tells you that the practice dual will take place in a new room, opened by a door behind his desk. To open this door, you will need a golden skeleton key. When you join the sigil with yourself or teammates, you will walk in and Merle Ambrose and Gamma will be waiting.

Merle Ambrose: Young Wizard, you have came a long way since we first met and I sent you out on Unicorn Way. Let's see how much you really know.

During the first round of the dual, Merle Ambrose will deal a 1000 mana burn wizards who are late to the battle and summon two random school professors. Here are the cheats and stats of each enemy you could encounter:

(All Are Immune to Beguile and Stun and None Know Shadow Magic. All have 30% Pierce)
Merle Ambrose () - 100,000 health, 50 Global Damage, 50 Global Resist, Polymorphs into any school every five rounds, Mana burns late wizards.
Gamma () - Same Stats as Ambrose, Polymorphs into any school every five rounds, Casts a random Storm Lord every five rounds that deals 1500 damage.
Lydia Greyrose () - 100,000 health, 70 Ice Damage, 65 Global Resist, casts a -40% legion shield every three rounds.
Dalia Falmea () - 60,000 health, 80 Fire Damage, 30 Global Resist, casts a random Efreet every five rounds.
Halston Balestrom () - 50,000 Health, 90 Storm Damage, 20 Global Resist, casts a random enfeeble every three rounds.
Cyrus Drake () - 70,000 Health, 80 Myth Damage, 35 Global Resist, casts a random Medusa every five rounds.
Dworgyn () - 80,000 Health, 85 Death Damage, 40 Global Resist, casts a random Bad Juju every three rounds.
Moolinda Wu () - 90,000 Health, 75 Life Damage, 45 Global Resist, casts a mass triage when a wizard casts an over-time spell and uses Rebirth every five rounds.
Arthur Wethersfield () - 80,000 Health, 85 Balance Damage, 40 Global Resist, casts a supernova when a wizard uses an aura.

At the end of the battle, you will earn a badge and you have a chance of obtaining a "Merle Ambrose" spell for 8 pips that will hit only one target:
- 705 Damage + -50% Shield
- 870 Damage + -45% Smoke Screen
- 910 Damage + Remove One Blade
- 850 Damage + Shift Current All Overtimes
- 810 Damage + -30% Plague to All
- 750 Damage + Sanctuary
- 810 Damage + -30% Weakness and Mantle

I hope you like this idea. It's just my idea.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Victoria S on Dec 16, 2016 wrote:
Since we have graduated from Ravenwood and have learned all of the Ravenwod spells that the Ravenwood professors can teach us, I believe that this idea will be very cool to add to the game.

This idea will start with a notification from Merle Ambrose: "Young Wizard, I know you are probably busy with your adventures, but if you want, come meet me in my tower for a practice dual and I may offer you an award." You go into his house in the Commons and speak to him and he tells you that the practice dual will take place in a new room, opened by a door behind his desk. To open this door, you will need a golden skeleton key. When you join the sigil with yourself or teammates, you will walk in and Merle Ambrose and Gamma will be waiting.

Merle Ambrose: Young Wizard, you have came a long way since we first met and I sent you out on Unicorn Way. Let's see how much you really know.

During the first round of the dual, Merle Ambrose will deal a 1000 mana burn wizards who are late to the battle and summon two random school professors. Here are the cheats and stats of each enemy you could encounter:

(All Are Immune to Beguile and Stun and None Know Shadow Magic. All have 30% Pierce)
Merle Ambrose () - 100,000 health, 50 Global Damage, 50 Global Resist, Polymorphs into any school every five rounds, Mana burns late wizards.
Gamma () - Same Stats as Ambrose, Polymorphs into any school every five rounds, Casts a random Storm Lord every five rounds that deals 1500 damage.
Lydia Greyrose () - 100,000 health, 70 Ice Damage, 65 Global Resist, casts a -40% legion shield every three rounds.
Dalia Falmea () - 60,000 health, 80 Fire Damage, 30 Global Resist, casts a random Efreet every five rounds.
Halston Balestrom () - 50,000 Health, 90 Storm Damage, 20 Global Resist, casts a random enfeeble every three rounds.
Cyrus Drake () - 70,000 Health, 80 Myth Damage, 35 Global Resist, casts a random Medusa every five rounds.
Dworgyn () - 80,000 Health, 85 Death Damage, 40 Global Resist, casts a random Bad Juju every three rounds.
Moolinda Wu () - 90,000 Health, 75 Life Damage, 45 Global Resist, casts a mass triage when a wizard casts an over-time spell and uses Rebirth every five rounds.
Arthur Wethersfield () - 80,000 Health, 85 Balance Damage, 40 Global Resist, casts a supernova when a wizard uses an aura.

At the end of the battle, you will earn a badge and you have a chance of obtaining a "Merle Ambrose" spell for 8 pips that will hit only one target:
- 705 Damage + -50% Shield
- 870 Damage + -45% Smoke Screen
- 910 Damage + Remove One Blade
- 850 Damage + Shift Current All Overtimes
- 810 Damage + -30% Plague to All
- 750 Damage + Sanctuary
- 810 Damage + -30% Weakness and Mantle

I hope you like this idea. It's just my idea.
My, my, you certainly have some good thoughts. I believe though, Merle Ambrose is still way to powerful to even be fought (as well as the professors). Merle Ambrose is most likely the oldest wizard in the spiral, he knows more about magic than any other wizard.

I personally think he is more skilled than anything we fought, even in Mirage.
I do not believe any of this should happen, maybe far, far, far down the line something like this, but not right now, or really ever. It would steal the significance from his character as well as the professors. Although, remember we already fought Cyrus.

I think Merle Ambrose’s school symbol would be this right here ->
I believe he would rip us to shreds!!!

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
(This is from a post i commented on)

Headmaster Prodigious Duel

Merle Ambrose: Ah young wizard, you grown so much since I first met you, and guided you in defeating Malistare's henchmen, well looks like you are finally all grown up, well how about you test your might on me.
Gamma: Challenge us wizard, and show us your strenght

Merle Ambrose rank 15 (resists 1/2 of every spell and no boosts)
always stun resists, and critical blocks and has a 60% chance of criticaling
50,000 starts off with full power pips

spells:
All spells pip 7 and up and he has mastery with all. depending on his cheat

cheats:
"Let's see what school you are young wizard" casts a random school based aura with 10 turn durability, which gives him mastery over that school, plus what that aura has, and will use this cheat again and cast a different aura once it runs out
"Young wizard your health is low" when someone dies, he'll cast mass infection trap and blade both 50%
"Cast your spell at the henchmen" Once gamma is under 10,000 he will cast the revival spell card (dont know it's name)
"My, My, You have grown havent you?" if a player has full power pips, this may trigger this cheat, mana burn
"Morganthe has corrupted you hasnt she?" if a shadow spell is casted ambrose will cast King Art (based on aura) on the caster

Running out of characters to type with , so new post

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
Gamma Rank 15
stun resist and critical blocks all and 40% chance of criticaling
20,000 starts with full power pips

spells:
all none attack spells, tower shield, weakness, heals, frozen armor, blades, traps, virtul plague, etc.

cheats:
"Whoeadmaster, are you ok?" if Merle takes a +7000 attack, critical rebirth
"Celestial magic?" if every person has an aura around them, Bad JuJu too all (takes 100 damage puts 90% weakness on all of you)
"Late fwhoor the test i see!" if you enter after the battle has begun, he casts a +50 blade storm and a +50 hex on you.
"Fell asleep? Detention!" if the next turn after "Late fwhoo the test i see!" and the player who trigger it has passed, Gamma casts a mass stun, follow by a 500 per turn dot on the triggerer
"Headmaster! No" If Merle dies before him, Gamma will cast a +50% Balance blade, Amplify +25damage, and +100% hex on the player who killed him, followed by a critical insane bolt.

and again new post, running out of characters

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
loot:

Gamma's Tear
Amulet
LvL 120 (suppose to be, ya can't use it till the next update)

+30 damage
+20 resist
+140 critical
+ 150 critcal block
+ 12 pierce
+ 30 incoming and outcoming

+ 40 stun resist
Gives Tear, Circle, Triangle, Square jewel sockets
and one card:
Gamma's Insane Bolt: 1M damage to self or the 101 damage to opponent..... he rather die and live with Merle in the after life than to seek vengance.

Every single item in the game even crowns can be a possible drop

every player gets 101 drops... 101 being wizard101
25 reagents
25 gear
25 housing
25 tc
1 Gamma's tear

badge earned

Killing Ambrose last: Wizard of the Spiral
Killing Gamma last: Passion Taker

Experience given:
Ambrose last: 10,000,000P off of first try
Gamma last: 1XP...

Easy dungeon but makes you think how much Gamma truly loved Merle... so much he will practically commit suicide if he lost him