Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Should I do gardening?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 04, 2016
I really want to do gardening, but I'm only in krok and I'm about level 19. Should I wait until I'm a higher level or can I begin gardening right now? And are there any big houses that are made for gardeners? Also, I've always wondered why do people do gardening? How does it benefit people, is it only just for boosting in battles?

Defender
Apr 06, 2013
RedRitual on Oct 20, 2016 wrote:
I really want to do gardening, but I'm only in krok and I'm about level 19. Should I wait until I'm a higher level or can I begin gardening right now? And are there any big houses that are made for gardeners? Also, I've always wondered why do people do gardening? How does it benefit people, is it only just for boosting in battles?
For me, I highly recommend you wait till your a higher level so that way you will have more energy to use for the seeds when you garden. Red Barn Farm is the best house for someone who wants to garden as it is of course made mostly for gardeners. You also asked why people garden and I'll tell you why I garden or others garden. Usually what type of seeds would get you different prizes such as stink weeds gives a lot of gold while couch potatoes can give you more such as pet snacks to train your pets. Also some plants gives tc which can help people in battles. I do it mostly for pet snacks.

Alejandro

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
Hi there!

Before I get too far along, let me recommend the Red Barn Farm house. You buy this in the Crown Shop, however you can use gold. (You may need to hit Grizzleheim for a while to sock away enough to buy it.)

Gardening is good for many things:
-Neat-looking, or funny (Fish-on-a-vine!) plants to decorate your house.
-Rare treasure cards such as Bladestorm, school blades, and Sharpened Blade.
-Mega snacks for pet training.
-Jewels (you'll need to spend a lot of crowns for these).
-Rare reagents, such as Amber.

Your Gardening level is not limited by your wizard's experience level, however some gardening spells require quests and access to later worlds. Even so, most of the benefits of gardening come early, so starting in KT is fine.

I found the Duelist101 article on gardening very helpful. It looks like it's a "permitted" fan site, so I can even link for you:

http://www.duelist101.com/other-w101-guides/w101-gardening-guides/breaking-the-bonds-of-gardening-wizard101/

Good luck and enjoy!

Defender
Jun 23, 2016
I started gardening when I got into to in before I got to Kroc. I did the simple stuff to basically get the understanding of it. With the pots provided in my dorm room and the basic garden skills. The gold and other items it provided me was sufficient to provide a base.

Considering that the Dandelion is the base and a simple items. Along other tier 1 seeds it is worth investing and only burning small amounts of energy that regenerates while you are doing your missions and gaining other experience.

The only reason to wait is if you are focused on heavy fishing or training of pets. Then once you get to a point that you feel worth it I would. But remember if you are level 50+ or something then stat to garden you will encounter some frustration as the leveling of gardening is slow and will not always give you the rewards you desire.

Another advantage is to learn all the likes/dislikes of the plants this way. For not all information is on the seed/plant initially. I actually learned that my Potted Cattail, which the seed did not tell me (had I looked on wizardcentral101.com I might have know this too).

So these are just some feedback to consider as you weight if you are going to wait or not.

Additionally, I do want you to know that I agree with others that getting items like the Red Barn or other items (e.g. a Seed Vault) do help too.

Hope this helps you some too.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
I highly recommend it. The reasons are listed above.

You won't regret it, just ensure you check your plants often!

Survivor
Jan 29, 2014
I definetly recommend for those viewing to start gardening with simple requirements. Like on my other character (Level 27) I used to grow Pink Dandelion (It is also very common in Krokotopia.)

Defender
Dec 06, 2009
I would say definitely yes. start with dandelions then when you can do the pink ones...they will give you tons of reagents needed for many of the crafting quests. Later if you can get a king parsley...you only need one to begin with because it will multiply (I started with one a month or so ago and now regularly keep around 10 planted and have nearly forty in my bank)

Also if you have any desire to raise pets, try to get some couch potatoes...they are easily farmed in most of Grizzleheim