Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question about pet talents

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 25, 2016
I am still a noob with pets, and want to know more about them I read all I can about pets, but I don't understand one thing. I trained my pet to teen, and it got Spell Proof at 1%. Then I trained my pet ALMOST to adult, and I checked my pet again, and the spell proof was at 3%. Why did it change? Another thing I want to ask is how do people know what talents hybrids have? Or do they guess. Thanks

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Pet talents that add stats to your wizard work off the pet's stats. They vary for different talents. I'll use Spell Proof as an example though. It gives (2x strength + 2x agility + power)/125 = resistance boost. So as your stats on the the pet go up with training, the amount of boost will go up until the stats reach their max level. Spell Proof will always start out at the minimum +1% and can grow up to +10% depending on the pet's max stats.

As for hybrid/hatched pet talents, they depend on the parents. Every pet has 10 possible talents, 5 of those will appear though training. When you hatch 2 pets, the new pet will get 10 possible talents from the 20 it's parents had, and 5 will appear though training. So no 2 hatched/hybrid pets will have the same talents and stats preset. It all depends on the history of the parents hatchings and random chance of which ones you get.

Survivor
Mar 25, 2016