Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How are fan screenshots chosen for the FB album?

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jul 18, 2009
I notice that when I send in screenshots during a certain month, they often don't end up getting into the facebook album the next month (yes, I am using the correct email and I'm not editing my shots or anything dumb like that). I'm not exactly torn up about pictures of a game not making it onto a social media picture album, but it does make me curious- what is the selection process that rules some photos out? Or perhaps someone at KI just chooses a collection on a random basis?

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Starblood653 on Aug 9, 2016 wrote:
I notice that when I send in screenshots during a certain month, they often don't end up getting into the facebook album the next month (yes, I am using the correct email and I'm not editing my shots or anything dumb like that). I'm not exactly torn up about pictures of a game not making it onto a social media picture album, but it does make me curious- what is the selection process that rules some photos out? Or perhaps someone at KI just chooses a collection on a random basis?
Heya! We have a huge backlog of great screenshots that have been submitted to us for headers. (We have enough for several months and keep receiving more daily.) Generally we try to use the older screenshots first, but if there's a great one that comes in, we may push it ahead of the line.

If it doesn't show up in the album, that typically means we've reserved it for the cover at some point.

You've probably read it, but for anyone else who's interested, please check out our tips blog post for taking good screenshots: https://kingsisleblog.com/2015/08/19/taking-screenshots-like-a-pro-for-photography-day/

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Dworgyn on Aug 10, 2016 wrote:
Heya! We have a huge backlog of great screenshots that have been submitted to us for headers. (We have enough for several months and keep receiving more daily.) Generally we try to use the older screenshots first, but if there's a great one that comes in, we may push it ahead of the line.

If it doesn't show up in the album, that typically means we've reserved it for the cover at some point.

You've probably read it, but for anyone else who's interested, please check out our tips blog post for taking good screenshots: https://kingsisleblog.com/2015/08/19/taking-screenshots-like-a-pro-for-photography-day/
Very cool, thanks for the info!