Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dorm Update

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 14, 2011
I was thinking about the Wizard City Dorms and how they could be updated. I understand they must remain the most simple of all houses since they are the first house players receive and are free, but the current version is more like a secluded loft rather than a dorm. Dorms are a place of excitement and socializing. They are one of the most fun parts of college and where students can watch movies together, build forts together, play games together, laugh together and cry together. Even Harry Potter and Ron Weasely's friendship bonded stronger from their experiences in the dorms. As the average age of Wizard101 players migrates from high school to college, I thought it would be an opportune time to bring this up!

Idea 1: New buildings for "Boys's Dorm" and "Girl's Dorm". These buildings would contain individual rooms, much like the rooms of the existing dorms, but the building themselves would contain social areas for players and entertaining activities.

Idea 2: Same as idea number 1, but also incorporate a roommate. Dorms would be a rectangle, twice the size as the current dorm, and players would only be able to decorate half the dorm (their side). Wizards would have to sign up for this idea since it wouldn't appeal to every player. At the start of level 2, wizards would be given the option to dorm alone, dorm with a random wizard, choose existing friends to dorm with, and even change roommates at any time.

These are just some quick ideas for updating the dorm feature that has been the same for over a decade. I would love to hear others thoughts on this same concept.

As always, thank you for continually making the game better for all.