Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

NPC Taming/Befriending System

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 20, 2011
Hello other wizards, I would like to talk about the introduction to NPCs and what we could add to them. I was originally going to post this on adding new house items, but this sort of sounded like am entirely new thing, so I chose not to. My idea is simply this: We craft for NPCs.
It might seem a bit more complicated as I go into detail, but it isn't the crafting we know. In each world there are minor storyline bosses and some of them you just want to take home- but of course they are hostile and attack you. Well then, I think I came up with a solution! In each world there will be a beastmaster who will have crafting spells, but it will be called something else that is relative to the boss it's for. For instance- Caoranach the Fire-Spitter (located in Avalon, High Road, Fire-Spitter's Lair) will have a recipe labeled 'Fire-Spitter Bait' or something of the sort. Once crafted, you will enter the dungeon (Fire-Spitter's Lair) alone and there will be a option labeled 'tame'. The wizard will then throw the bait out and the spitter will approach and fade away. Finally, player will get a notification that 'Fire-Spitter' has been placed in their backpack.For more civilized bosses, like Shamiss and the other Djinnis, there will be a category called 'gifts' or something similar. You would perform the same thing as with the bait and the same thing would happen. There are a couple catches though.

1.) You need to be a higher rank tamer for higher rank tames/befriendments.
2.) You need to fight the wanted boss repeatedly for their essence.
3.) The extreme bosses like the Rat, Scorpion, Old Cob, Morganthe, and possibly Malistaire drop random essence and are not tame/befriendable.
4.) You can not collect essence, buy recipes, or tame in a world unless you have completed the main storyline there.

Tell me your thoughts, likes and dislikes about it, and what you think should be different! I would love for this to happen and imagine holiday bosses like Krampus in your home! I think this would be awesome, but I don't know if it would happen.
See you in the spiral!