Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Potential Boss Fights After Mirage

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 10, 2016
UH... This my first post ever so I'll drop my idea and check back in later (Don't even know if this has been thought of yet).

Was wondering if there could be a boss fight where we team up with Ambrose?

Like it can be 2v4, a solo quest for you and ambrose against whatever.
OR a 4v4 (but the sigil only allows 3 people to join since ambrose is the 4th).

And say the boss does a specific cheat:
Every 4 rounds he hits for 15k on everyone, but to stop it, ambrose cheats and cancels it.
if thats true, Give ambrose a health bar (15,000). Then we'd have to keep Ambrose healed so he can stop the cheat from killing us all.

(imo: that'd be pretty sick)

Next imagine how using charms and wards would work. Everytime you blade, ambrose says a line like "Take this charm as well", and gives you a balance blade.
Then if you blade him, he'd say "thanks" or "Nice teamplay"

And while those are basically interruption cheats they do back and forth, I gotta ask, WHAT SPELLS WOULD AMBROSE USE? Like for his spelldeck as if he's an automated minion.

I THOUGHT OF ALL OF THAT, THEN CAME UP WITH THIS:

What if ambrose despises cheating in duels and he doesn't cheat- boost you at all?
All he does is cancel the boss' BIG CHEATS (not all) so you can defeat him.

Examples: That 15k hit is something like Rasputin's 1 million instant death after 30? rounds.
Then the classic "YOU'RE LATE, TAKE A MANA-BURN" cheat. Ambrose would say "Better late than never" then stop it.
Or the Random enfeeble cheat that the fairy queen uses in Rattlebones Exalted Duel. That would be something Ambrose can't stop, and we'd have to work around it.
I'd really like to see another overtime cheat like the one the Pendragon uses (if you never noticed, it never goes away after he casts it, unless you triage it).

Then if you wanna make this battle REALLY GREAT, throw in some annoying minions on the boss's side that cheat as well. VERY MUCH LIKE UNDYING MALISTAIRE'S MINIONS. THOSE WERE FUN TO FIGHT :D (of course not everyone agrees).
As for their cheats... I'm drawing a blank. But the Meowiarty Duel team-cheat-thing they all do is pretty cool. if it's similar to that with random minions, OMG.

NOW MIX ALL THAT TOGETHER AND YOU GOT AN HOUR LONG BOSS FIGHT, LIKE OMEN, THAT WOULD REALLY PUSH THIS GAME TO THE LIMIT OF AWESOMENESS.

PS. I Haven't completed Mirage as of 12/19/2016 so if this has been done, I had no idea (I want no spoilers on Mirage at all).

Thanks have a great day,
Valkoor ShadowShade (116 Death)

Survivor
Mar 23, 2013
Cool idea and all this .....should go in the dorms not trying to be rude...

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Valkoor ShadowShad... on Dec 19, 2016 wrote:
UH... This my first post ever so I'll drop my idea and check back in later (Don't even know if this has been thought of yet).

Was wondering if there could be a boss fight where we team up with Ambrose?

Like it can be 2v4, a solo quest for you and ambrose against whatever.
OR a 4v4 (but the sigil only allows 3 people to join since ambrose is the 4th).

And say the boss does a specific cheat:
Every 4 rounds he hits for 15k on everyone, but to stop it, ambrose cheats and cancels it.
if thats true, Give ambrose a health bar (15,000). Then we'd have to keep Ambrose healed so he can stop the cheat from killing us all.

(imo: that'd be pretty sick)

Next imagine how using charms and wards would work. Everytime you blade, ambrose says a line like "Take this charm as well", and gives you a balance blade.
Then if you blade him, he'd say "thanks" or "Nice teamplay"

And while those are basically interruption cheats they do back and forth, I gotta ask, WHAT SPELLS WOULD AMBROSE USE? Like for his spelldeck as if he's an automated minion.

I THOUGHT OF ALL OF THAT, THEN CAME UP WITH THIS:

What if ambrose despises cheating in duels and he doesn't cheat- boost you at all?
All he does is cancel the boss' BIG CHEATS (not all) so you can defeat him.

Examples: That 15k hit is something like Rasputin's 1 million instant death after 30? rounds.
Then the classic "YOU'RE LATE, TAKE A MANA-BURN" cheat. Ambrose would say "Better late than never" then stop it.
Or the Random enfeeble cheat that the fairy queen uses in Rattlebones Exalted Duel. That would be something Ambrose can't stop, and we'd have to work around it.
I'd really like to see another overtime cheat like the one the Pendragon uses (if you never noticed, it never goes away after he casts it, unless you triage it).

Then if you wanna make this battle REALLY GREAT, throw in some annoying minions on the boss's side that cheat as well. VERY MUCH LIKE UNDYING MALISTAIRE'S MINIONS. THOSE WERE FUN TO FIGHT :D (of course not everyone agrees).
As for their cheats... I'm drawing a blank. But the Meowiarty Duel team-cheat-thing they all do is pretty cool. if it's similar to that with random minions, OMG.

NOW MIX ALL THAT TOGETHER AND YOU GOT AN HOUR LONG BOSS FIGHT, LIKE OMEN, THAT WOULD REALLY PUSH THIS GAME TO THE LIMIT OF AWESOMENESS.

PS. I Haven't completed Mirage as of 12/19/2016 so if this has been done, I had no idea (I want no spoilers on Mirage at all).

Thanks have a great day,
Valkoor ShadowShade (116 Death)
I am all for this, reminds me of the end of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince when Harry and Dumbledore work together in the mysterious cave.

Although, the way I believe it would work in this game, would be the active effects (like Ozzy, Ivan, and Istar.)

Ambrose could give us something like 500 natural resist, damage, and critical/block!!! If it did happen your way though, with Ambrose in the duel circle, they should make his heath infinity so he could not die.

Great Idea, but like “Prodigious Helper” said, improvements need to be placed in the dorms section of the message boards.