Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Realm Phasing --> Reduce Lag

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
I would like an option to switch realms when I enter certain places. For example, I would like to switch realms to a less populated one when going to places like the Commons, considering how laggy it can be.

It could maybe switch me to the least populated realm.

Survivor
Nov 30, 2009
Switch to Torrence and stay in Torrence then. Quit being so lazy. It takes less than 5 seconds for you to switch realms.

Happy Questing Wizard!

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Well yeah, I could switch realms. But there are places all over Wizard City that are laggy, and some that aren't. Other worlds too, but not as much. And sometimes the lag makes it really difficult for me to switch realms. Also, I don't always want to stay in a lowly populated realm, especially when there is no lag.

If Wizard101 gave the option to switch realms when going to different places, this could reduce your lag when you go into a more laggy room, and give you the benefits of a more populated realm when you are in a less laggy room.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I'm sorry I feel that it isn't worth the time/resources to implement that- when the already existing alternative exists.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Fable Finder on Nov 9, 2016 wrote:
Well yeah, I could switch realms. But there are places all over Wizard City that are laggy, and some that aren't. Other worlds too, but not as much. And sometimes the lag makes it really difficult for me to switch realms. Also, I don't always want to stay in a lowly populated realm, especially when there is no lag.

If Wizard101 gave the option to switch realms when going to different places, this could reduce your lag when you go into a more laggy room, and give you the benefits of a more populated realm when you are in a less laggy room.
I don't encounter lag very often so it may just be the computer or internet you are using. This would be annoying in places like the pet hatchery when you are attempting to get to a crowded realm.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
the commons will by far be the worse place to travel through, doesnt matter how hard that polaris boss 1 shots you on the first turn for the 18th time, commons is still worse, because of the fact that you have 50+ people in one location talking repeatedly, it's worse if you have open chat..... but only thing you can do, is deal with it, or change realms.... what youre asking doesnt need to happe because it's already there..... we have 5 pages of realms for a reason, dont want lag, stay off of Ambrose, Bartleby, Bernie, Balestorm... and you'll have an easier time

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
although having a player number would help.... like a 1/300 1/99 is perfect 100/199 is normal 200/299 is crowded 300/300 is full...

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
camahawk on Nov 10, 2016 wrote:
although having a player number would help.... like a 1/300 1/99 is perfect 100/199 is normal 200/299 is crowded 300/300 is full...
Agreed.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
camahawk on Nov 10, 2016 wrote:
the commons will by far be the worse place to travel through, doesnt matter how hard that polaris boss 1 shots you on the first turn for the 18th time, commons is still worse, because of the fact that you have 50+ people in one location talking repeatedly, it's worse if you have open chat..... but only thing you can do, is deal with it, or change realms.... what youre asking doesnt need to happe because it's already there..... we have 5 pages of realms for a reason, dont want lag, stay off of Ambrose, Bartleby, Bernie, Balestorm... and you'll have an easier time
See my other posts.