Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Zafaria Fishing

AuthorMessage
Historian
Nov 28, 2010
For the past three weeks I've been trying to catch some fish in Zafaria. I've noticed some changes.

First the good; there are actually Elephant Fish in The Elephant Graveyard now. That makes much more sense than the infinite number of GarGoyles that used to inhabit those waters.

I haven't seen any Lion Fish or Rhino Fish in Baobab Crossroads. That's not particularly a bad thing if they're gone. I haven't gone fishing for any of them lately, so I'll have to visit Central to get their location. Hopefully they can still be found.

The part that's brutal is the Ecto Slime Skate and the Duckbill Eel. I don't know if they've moved to different waters, been fished to extinction, or their spawn chance has been reduced to 0.001% now. I have been fishing for these for, as I said earlier, the past three weeks and not a single one has spawned for any of my wizards. During that time I've caught 2 Goldfin-gers, 3 Polar Bearacudas, 2 Boss Hogs, and a Bubba Fish which have always been among the most difficult to find.

I don't mind if the fish have become a little bit more difficult to find, but they should at least spawn occasionally. I've been emptying entire energy globes with 5 different wizards daily (and sometimes twice daily) during this time, summoning and winnowing fish in the areas where these fish are supposed to be and they are just not there anymore.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Well either I was just having really bad luck, or KI did some quick reconfiguring because about a couple of hours ago I found 4 Duckbill Eels. Didn't even have to summon once. Just chased away the sentinels, and winnowed all but rank 2 fish, and there they were.

I also found a few Lion Fish in Baobab Crossroads. Didn't see any Rhino Fish though, so I'll have to go on a search for them I guess.