Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

more jumping involved features/ traps

AuthorMessage
Historian
Jun 17, 2014
you have a space bar.... it makes you jump.... thats it....

what if, say to open this door to a boss, you would have to jump at certain times, like red light green light.... jump on cue, the door will unlock itself... or to reach a tower, you have to fill a hot air balloon... but jumping on the pump....

traps..... to get to this boss, you have to run and pause... as a walls with spaces, starts closing in, and you have to stop at each space, or lose health and get ported back at the start....

we are what? 18... 21... year old wizards.. who runs, fights, swims, gardens, fishs, trains, casts, etc.... all day and night... where's our Worlds Strongest Man Trophy? i mean serious....

throw in a few obstacle courses.... test us... i would rather had to walk on a clasping bridge over lava, to fight Malistare, then battle little Spectres

i know were wizards not parkourist....... but eh

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
There are the Pressure plate things that are all throughout Krokotopia and Marleybone- (Marleybone especially).

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Ha ha I'm glad you've brought this idea into the light!

We do need more physical movements for our wizards and adding more movement challenges is just the start! Here's what I'm hoping for as well:

Walk/Run Toggle Option - Running full speed is great but sometimes I just want to stroll, ya know? Of course have this when we're on our mounts as well.

Sitting option - Can we just like sit cross legged or maybe leaning back on our hands or how about on our stomachs with our arms crossed in front? That'd be neat. Which brings me to my next idea.

Visible motions when interacting with housing items!

- when we're crafting, I wanna see my wizard physically making the item!
- I want to be able to sit on my chairs or lie in my bed
- maybe we can even actually pet our pets when they run to us?

Kinda strayed away from the original topic but you get my drift.
Keep the suggestions going

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
only thing with sitting and laying, are the idiots who turns that in to in appropriate things.

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Oh boy, you're right Stratch those I guess. Not worth trying to get around inappropriate people.

Sigh.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
camahawk on Jul 17, 2016 wrote:
only thing with sitting and laying, are the idiots who turns that in to in appropriate things.
Yep, it's sad because they ruin it for the rest of us.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Making jumping more useful and integrating it into puzzles or challenges like obstacles courses would be excellent (what about a daily assignment where Aegon says "I triple-dog dare you to go to the commons and jump up and down 5 times while saying "Cyrus Drake has smelly socks!" " Just kidding. )

I was very perplexed by the lack of function that jumping had when I started playing. There was some post a long time ago (link) from KI that they had to add it regardless of how functional it actually was because it was "bad form" not to do so, which is literally the silliest thing I have ever heard considering big MMOs like Runescape have no keyboard controls for jumping, just a few emotes (that you have to choose from a menu) that are sort of like jumping. Lack of jumping in MMOs does seem to deter some people, but regardless, it remains an old and arbitrary belief held by devs and players alike that needs to die already. If we're gonna have a jump feature, I'm all for putting a bit more effort into it.