Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to stop Players Joining Battle without Asking

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 01, 2009
There are 4 ways to stop Players from Joining Battle without asking:

1. Flee and Loose all your Mana.
2. Click Escape Key. Click Quit. Then Play and if lucky they are gone. If noot repeat this step or use step below.
3. Click Escape Key. Click Quit. Then Play. Click Escape Key change realms to perfect.
4. Change Realm to perfect before battle.

Asking Players not to Join battles does work lot becuase some players run into battles so quickly, you do not have the time to ask them no to join. And some join even when you ask not to join. because they do not care what you want and just join anyway.

Both asking to Join or checking the conditions of the battle before joining a battle makes more sense than just rudely running into every battle without asking. Because some players rudely join knowing you just killed a monster or the battle is nearly finished and just join anyway.

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
when you like to play on a "full" realm, you take your chances.....I like to play in full realms to see other players and no, I dont mind when they "wander by" and get caught in my battle...."wander by" seems to be the latest excuse....but if I want to do a solo battle Alone...I go to a Perfect realm....

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Best solution to stop players joining battles without asking is switch to a perfect realm.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
ghall4834 on May 11, 2018 wrote:
There are 4 ways to stop Players from Joining Battle without asking:

1. Flee and Loose all your Mana.
2. Click Escape Key. Click Quit. Then Play and if lucky they are gone. If noot repeat this step or use step below.
3. Click Escape Key. Click Quit. Then Play. Click Escape Key change realms to perfect.
4. Change Realm to perfect before battle.

Asking Players not to Join battles does work lot becuase some players run into battles so quickly, you do not have the time to ask them no to join. And some join even when you ask not to join. because they do not care what you want and just join anyway.

Both asking to Join or checking the conditions of the battle before joining a battle makes more sense than just rudely running into every battle without asking. Because some players rudely join knowing you just killed a monster or the battle is nearly finished and just join anyway.
There's a fifth way to prevent players from joining battle:
- Hire henchmen to fill every empty space.
Sure it costs crowns, but you getting to play without anyone else makes it worth it! And there's nothing players without crowns can do, except find another zone with open spaced battles.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
Tylerwildpants on May 13, 2018 wrote:
Sure it costs crowns, but you getting to play without anyone else makes it worth it! And there's nothing players without crowns can do, except find another zone with open spaced battles.
To save yourself some crowns, summon a minion then hire henchmen.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Mr Talon on May 16, 2018 wrote:
Or even better yet- sounds like a reason to actually do Monstrology?

If you don't want to bother with minions, monstrology minions and henchmen just switch to a different server

Or you could change your perspective on other players. Oops, that was too far wasn't it... It's not like it's a MMO or anything.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
you could also summon a monstrology monster as well, which will likely be stronger than any minion you could summon

Survivor
Sep 26, 2010
See, I disagree. If you are in a battle, you are either:
A.) Questing
B.) Dueling for fun
C.) Caught in a battle by mistake
D.) Farming
If you are Questing or Farming, having another Wizard joining in your battle is helpful, if you are dueling for fun, you get a teammate to back you up (especially in a boss fight). The only reason having a Wizard join your battle without asking could be seen as a bad thing is if you were pulled into an unwanted duel, which can drag it on longer. A VERY simple solution to this problem is to just switch realms to 'Perfect', there are usually plenty.

Hope this helped,
~Aedan ShadowWalker

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Mr Talon on May 16, 2018 wrote:
That's a great idea too.

Playing stand alone games prevents anyone from joining your battles.

- Sounds like a fantastic opportunity to create a stand along version of Wizard 101.

In public access games however; others joining a battle happens eventually.

Now, it would be nice if you were alone, and were able to click a button that let fight alone, or in groups. This way, when you click to fight alone, anyone attempting to enter, simply gets teleported to a different area in the same zone, or another zone altogether different.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Patrick Ravenbane on May 13, 2018 wrote:
Best solution to stop players joining battles without asking is switch to a perfect realm.
If only this worked.

Nothing stops anyone from joining a battle circle -- there are simply fewer people in a Perfect Realm. But this has happened to me many many times in Perfect Realms also.

Also despite having it checkmarked that I stay in the realm I am in, the game regularly deposits me in a busy realm anyway. I don't always have time or inclination, for instance if doing the Daily on all wizards, to switch realms hoping for one without other players in it. It also can begin to feel lonesome in there.

I wish KI would give us the option of closing our battle circle.
Happened to me again not long ago - in a Perfect Realm. Someone was standing on the sidewalk. The entire street was open if they wanted a battle. No they ran directly into mine, just as my attack all that I'd planned for 3-4 rounds, went out. I was upset because some schools are harder on some wizards, so I had prismed, bladed, trapped, auraed, then saved up pips until the big attack was ready.

I went from yay to noooooooooooo, inside.

I know it's a tiny issue in the bigger scheme of things but, if we are in here playing, and someone tries to ruin our fun, that's not cool either. Some of us play for stress relief for instance.

I'm replying to yours because we've always been friendly on here and so I know or hope you will take this as intended and not as a disagreement. I know you dislike when people crash battles too.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Tylerwildpants on May 13, 2018 wrote:
I do this more times than I would like.

And then I attracted a "heckler" who made fun of me hiring hench and for a while that person followed me around that world and the game, crashing my battles.

Trolls will troll. We badly need a way to protect ourselves from this type of trolling. Enough people have remarked upon it now that unlike when I first joined this forum I'm not the sole voice shouting in the wilderness.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
AedanShodowWalker on May 16, 2018 wrote:
See, I disagree. If you are in a battle, you are either:
A.) Questing
B.) Dueling for fun
C.) Caught in a battle by mistake
D.) Farming
If you are Questing or Farming, having another Wizard joining in your battle is helpful, if you are dueling for fun, you get a teammate to back you up (especially in a boss fight). The only reason having a Wizard join your battle without asking could be seen as a bad thing is if you were pulled into an unwanted duel, which can drag it on longer. A VERY simple solution to this problem is to just switch realms to 'Perfect', there are usually plenty.

Hope this helped,
~Aedan ShadowWalker
I disagree that it is helpful and I want to add many who do this are not trying to be helpful.

For instance it can pull in monsters you didn't need. The timing can be such that more monsters are added just as you ran out of pips or did your big attack. The person can stand there or flee after adding more monsters to your battle, too.

Others are not nice and will say mean or rude things or insult you throughout the battle.

A lot of people who do this are trolling in some ways and that's one reason it's so stressful when you think you're coasting downhill or nearly done w/the battle and you suddenly see a bystander make a direct line for you, or you see more monsters run in out of the corner of your eye and it dawns on you what happened. Nooooooooooo.........

There is simply NO reason not to ask first. NONE. And people should keep going if the answer is no.

There's also time considerations, i.e. someone might 'have to go' in real life, in any sense that can mean. They might have limited time on that computer or to get their daily done on all wizards or they might've been pulled in any which case they do NOT want more monsters to battle.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Tylerwildpants on May 16, 2018 wrote:
That's a great idea too.

Playing stand alone games prevents anyone from joining your battles.

- Sounds like a fantastic opportunity to create a stand along version of Wizard 101.

In public access games however; others joining a battle happens eventually.

Now, it would be nice if you were alone, and were able to click a button that let fight alone, or in groups. This way, when you click to fight alone, anyone attempting to enter, simply gets teleported to a different area in the same zone, or another zone altogether different.
"Now, it would be nice if you were alone, and were able to click a button that let fight alone, or in groups. This way, when you click to fight alone, anyone attempting to enter, simply gets teleported to a different area in the same zone, or another zone altogether different."

THIS.

I'd just say 'rebuffed' though such as bounce off an invisible circle around the battle. That would knock them into a different battle circle. If they want a battle, let them fight their own or ask to join. Some will say yes, most will (in my experience) say NO which is another indicator IMO that most people don't want to have people randomly run into their battles.

I'd really love a backpack setting which would allow us to battle solo when we wished to.