Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Brewing Elixirs

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 29, 2010
Something I've always wanted to do in this game was make our own elixirs, I mean, what kind of wizard or witch can't brew their own elixirs?

Brewing would be a new category of crafting in its own way, you'll need the correct station, ingredients, and of course, level.

Brewing quests, like with crafting will begin in Wizard City with Hilda Brewer, the lady who sells potions at the fair grounds. She will ask you to find a certain reagent to build a brewing table and will then tell you to brew a certain potion, for instance a health or mana elixir or both.

The brewing quests will go on throughout different worlds, the higher your level, the more powerful elixirs you can make.

Home-brewed elixirs will go into a new inventory where they can be used for later. Unlike crown shop elixirs that activate the second they are purchased

Now, I know KI needs to make money one way or another so they can't afford to have people simply brew their own elixirs and completely avoid crown shop elixirs. To balance this out I was thinking home-brewed elixirs will only last half as long as crown shop elixirs or they will cost large amounts of reagents to craft and the cool down timers will take very long or possibly even a mix of the two.

New reagents will be added such as flasks, funnels, tongs, and others that can only be used in brewing. See my previous post here. https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/new-crafting-reagents-8ad6a4265e7a51f9015e9dcb13f51fcf?page=1

And of course some elixirs shouldn't be craftable at all, such as the additional castle elixir or bric-a-brac elixirs.

As I've said many times I love crafting, I am willing to craft anything, gear, wands, mounts, houses potions, even pets, simply for the challenge and fulfilling feeling it gives.

~Wolf Nightbreeze~