Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Still Cannot Defeat Rasputin...!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
Let me start this by saying I am one of those little old Ladies in tennis shoes who got started playing Wizards101 by a nephew who needed his Aunt to play this new online game he had found. I enjoyed playing with him so much that I ended up paying for both of up to play, plus got my husband to join us.
My nephew is now in college but my husband and I continue to enjoy playing.
There were no computers in school when we were going and are self taught. Wizard101 is the first online game like this that we have ever played so are not knowledgeable to all of the different terms when it comes to the spell cards and even some game play. (I so wish there was a Wizard101 For Dummies Book)
We have been doing well, enjoying the game until we reached Rasputin in Polaris,
We have been trying for months...MONTHS...and have not been able to defeat this character. We cannot move on to the next realm until he is defeated and this has us very frustrated with the game that we once so enjoyed playing.
We have invested not just a lot of time but also money trying to move forward with the game.
Teaming up has been difficult for us. Finding players who are willing to not only team up with us but willing to stick it out thru the whole fight is very hard. Most bail out and flee after a few rounds.....others have no idea how to work as a team much less know how to defeat this character.
I really wish KI would either provide a challenging...but less frustrating option for this fight for those of us who are not as avid a gamer as many of their young adult players are....or now change the character to a less difficult one.
KI needs to remember that there are older Adults who also play this game along with those who are not all that interested in battles that are extremely frustrating.
I humbly ask that KI please make Rasputin less difficult.....

Survivor
Oct 18, 2015
The most common way to defeating rasputin is to have dedicated spammer. This one need to have really high pierce and keep on killing the minions as soon as they spawn (storm with tempest is good idea). If there are any troubles getting enough pierce you can always use infallible+accuracy/pierce sun enchants.
Your team should also have a dedicated hitter with high damage boost. Since damage increases exponentially it's better to have one player hitting with 4 blades than 4 players hitting with 1 blade each.

Another strategy is like is with healing minions. Before casting blades or traps, 3 of players in your team should cast any healing spell. That way, Rasputin will fill the spots with life minions which are more or less harmless.

If nothing of this works, you can always try with mercenaries for hire. It's a group of players who help others with harder instances.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Not sure if you have managed to find Wizard101Central forums yet, however, they publish lots of useful guides, most specifically for these cheating bosses.

I hate to break this to you, but Rasputin can actually be beaten in 4 rounds by a coordinated team. Anyway, check out that forum, not only do they have guides, but tons of people willing to help out that can get you through this battle!

Best of luck!

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
If you'd like to set up a meeting time/place/realm a day or two ahead, I'm happy to help you with this.

There is also a meetup forum on Wizard101Central where you can get help from players and support groups:
http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?8-In-Game-Quest-Help-and-Meet-Ups

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
KI did nerf him down quite a lot a few months ago. His health was reduced by half, and the minions' resistance may have gone down a little bit as well.

My Balance and her Fire friend also had an excruciating experience trying to get by the Rat. We failed many times, gave up a few months, failed many more times... It wasn't until his health was reduced that we finally got past him. He is easier now. Unfortunately, his other cheats are still brutal.

If you want to try a team up with us (we'd like to try him a couple more times for farming purposes), we usually play in the Phoenix realm on weekends. We can be available in game this Saturday & Sunday, 20 & 21 May, at 8am Pacific Daylight Savings time (west coast of the USA), through about 5pm PDS.

If you're interested let me know:
1) What day & time you can play, plus your time zone
2) Which realm you're in, plus your in-game names
3) What school you and your husband are playing so we can figure out which strategy to use and who should be the hitter, who should heal, etc.
4) If you have any pierce in your gear. What you're wearing will also influence the strategy.

Though I am no expert at this battle, I have completed it with just one other person post-nerf and even before he was nerfed, we came really close to beating him. We were all set with the kill-shot but round 30 destroyed us before we could seize victory.

We've been wanting to farm him but the thought of going back in there as a duo has NOT been a delight. We welcome the chance to help someone out and catch a little bit of loot on the side.

Alia Misthaven

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
could go the expensive route... have a hitter and spammer, buy crowns and invest in loads of stat elixirs i.e. crownshop

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
The fan site wizard101central.com is a free site to join. Only one of you can do so since you are on the same IP but you may also be able to message the administrators to get an exception.

There is all kinds of information available as well as groups that are more than willing to assist.

You can also find an adult group called "Wizened Wizards" that you can join. They can be very helpful for us older players.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
Thank you everyone for you help....I sincerely appreciate it!
First off...your going to have to not speak "game speak" and go to basic English for me. (Remember your talking to a little old lady.) I have no idea what things like a "spammer" are...
I understand that there are guides online but they are written for experienced gamers who know the "lingo"...we unfortunately, do not.
We have tried using "join up" with no success....most bail out as soon as the boss shows up and others after his minions arrive.
We have tried buying Henchmen.
Freshta: If we did a meet up it would have to be on Sunday since my husband has dialysis on Saturday and it tires him out. If you will tell us what cards/spells/potions we need in advance we will get them and get prepared.....
Both of us are Level 110 Storm Wizards....Scarlett SkySong & Ronan StormWalker.
We are in the Central time zone and will play on any realm.

Again, Thank you all!!!!

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Hi Luckie,

We'll have to make this fast, since tomorrow is Sunday. If we miss this weekend, we'll talk during the week and try again next weekend.

First, a quick vocabulary lesson!

"Spammer" means someone who uses the same spell over and over again.
"Hammer" or "Hitter" means the wizard who will hit with a high-damage spell. The goal is to hit once and kill.
"AoE" is an "Attack on Everyone," using a spell like Tempest or Storm Lord.
Blades are the damage boosting spells you put on yourself. Traps are the ones you put on the bad guys.
"Buff" means using a spell such as a blade or trap to make your damage spell more powerful.
"Pierce" is the ability to 'pierce' through any shields - in this battle, having pierce is a must.

Since you and your husband are both Storm wizards, this is the first plan we'll try:

One of you will hit, the other will help set up blades and traps. Whichever of you has the most Pierce should be the hitter.

The hitter should carry a Supercharge and use it on the first or second turn, then wait for pips. (The Supercharge gives a 40%-60% damage boost.) While waiting, use 0-pip blades & traps on themselves.

The other Storm will use blades and traps that take a pip, like Windstorm & Darkwind.

(I'll make a separate post with a list of the spells you should bring.)

My Fire friend will be the "spammer." She'll use Meteor Strike over and over to kill the minions as soon as they spawn. Alia, who is Balance, will donate more blades plus a Feint at the last moment, and she'll keep everyone alive with heals if they are needed.

We can meet at the sigil in Phoenix realm at 9am Pacific, which should be 11am for you.

If this plan fails, we will try again using the heal-spamming method and Fire will be the hitter.
If that fails, too, we will regroup and learn from what went wrong. One way or another, we'll get you through this!

Alia Misthaven, level 118

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Now for Luckie, a list of spells to bring. The number tells you how many copies of that spell to have. Do not bring anything more than what is listed below. We need the right cards to come up right away in order for this plan to work.

Storm with the most damage should bring:
Supercharge, 1.
Storm Trap, 2.
Storm Blade, 2.
Extraordinary, 2.**

King Artorius OR Glowbug Squall, 1 (Glowbug is best, the King will do.)
Storm Owl OR Ruksalka's Wrath, 1. (Ruksalka is best, the Owl will do.)

The other Storm should bring:
Windstorm, 2
Darkwind, 1.
Elemental Blades, 2.
Elemental Traps, 2.

Both of you should bring:
3 Sprite heals. Treasure cards are fine. (This is for a backup plan.)
Cleanse Charm, 1.
Potent Trap, 2.**
Sharpen Blade, 2.**

**The link below shows you where you can train for Extraordinary, Potent Trap and Sharpen Blade.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/NPC:Sun_School_Trainer#axzz4hSElrKwZ

Hope to see you tomorrow (21 May) at 9am Pacific/11 Central. If we miss each other OR if we don't succeed tomorrow, we'll keep trying the following week.

Alia Misthaven

Defender
May 30, 2010
LuckieWabbit on May 20, 2017 wrote:
First off...your going to have to not speak "game speak" and go to basic English for me. (Remember your talking to a little old lady.) I have no idea what things like a "spammer" are...
I understand that there are guides online but they are written for experienced gamers who know the "lingo"...we unfortunately, do not.
We have tried using "join up" with no success....most bail out as soon as the boss shows up and others after his minions arrive.
Freshta: If we did a meet up it would have to be on Sunday since my husband has dialysis on Saturday and it tires him out. If you will tell us what cards/spells/potions we need in advance we will get them and get prepared.....

Again, Thank you all!!!!
I could help you guys on my life next sunday since this week is final week for college and I been on summer break. We mean by spammer is someone who use uses attacks spell continuly until the fight is over. . So we need a fourth person since I am just going to healing. And someone who has the lowest attack be our continue attack into the entire battle.
Hopefuly I can help your guys

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
LuckieWabbit on May 20, 2017 wrote:

Again, Thank you all!!!!
spammer..... person who spams.... constantly hitting....

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
Freshta: this next Sunday would be great! (May 28)
I have gotten the spells you mentioned in your post and I am providing my Wizards Stats in case that information is helpful to you as well. My husband will post his on this forum too:

Scarlett SkyStorm - Level 110 Storm
Current Health - 4306
Manna - 610
Damage: Fire - 10
Storm - 86/69
Life - 13
Death - 8
Resistance: Fire - 33
Ice - 23
Storm 38/92
Everything else - 12
Accuracy: Storm - 30
Life - 3
Power Pips: 72%
Critical Rating: Storm - 330
Everything Else - 105
Block Rating: Storm - 325/314
Fire - 165
Ice - 177
Life - 263
Everything Else - 105
Armor Piercing: 6
Attached Pet is a ULTRA Level Triton that gives Pip boost and a Royal Triton Spell Card (1200=1280 Damage)

Survivor
Jan 06, 2009
Freshta I am Luckywabbits husband I am send you my stats as well i am hoping will help so we can beat the Rat. Thank you.
Level 110 Storm
Current Health - 5071
Manna - 642
Damage: Fire -28
Storm - 37/22
Life -28
Death - 28
Resistance: Fire - 8
Ice - 8
Storm-8/87
Everything else -8
Accuracy: Storm - 11
Life -11
Power Pips: 75%
Critical Rating: Storm - 183
Everything Else - 170
Block Rating: Storm - 172
Fire - 86
Ice -86
Life - 86
Everything Else - 86
Armor Piercing: 6
Attached Pet is a Ancient Level Triton that gives Pip boost and a Royal Triton Spell Card (1200=1280 Damage)

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Freshta on May 20, 2017 wrote:
Hi Luckie,

We'll have to make this fast, since tomorrow is Sunday. If we miss this weekend, we'll talk during the week and try again next weekend.

First, a quick vocabulary lesson!

"Spammer" means someone who uses the same spell over and over again.
"Hammer" or "Hitter" means the wizard who will hit with a high-damage spell. The goal is to hit once and kill.
"AoE" is an "Attack on Everyone," using a spell like Tempest or Storm Lord.
Blades are the damage boosting spells you put on yourself. Traps are the ones you put on the bad guys.
"Buff" means using a spell such as a blade or trap to make your damage spell more powerful.
"Pierce" is the ability to 'pierce' through any shields - in this battle, having pierce is a must.

Since you and your husband are both Storm wizards, this is the first plan we'll try:

One of you will hit, the other will help set up blades and traps. Whichever of you has the most Pierce should be the hitter.

The hitter should carry a Supercharge and use it on the first or second turn, then wait for pips. (The Supercharge gives a 40%-60% damage boost.) While waiting, use 0-pip blades & traps on themselves.

The other Storm will use blades and traps that take a pip, like Windstorm & Darkwind.

(I'll make a separate post with a list of the spells you should bring.)

My Fire friend will be the "spammer." She'll use Meteor Strike over and over to kill the minions as soon as they spawn. Alia, who is Balance, will donate more blades plus a Feint at the last moment, and she'll keep everyone alive with heals if they are needed.

We can meet at the sigil in Phoenix realm at 9am Pacific, which should be 11am for you.

If this plan fails, we will try again using the heal-spamming method and Fire will be the hitter.
If that fails, too, we will regroup and learn from what went wrong. One way or another, we'll get you through this!

Alia Misthaven, level 118
If you all still fail (hopefully not!), I can try to lend a hand. I have some pretty powerful wizards that can assist and help you through. With Freshta's help, somehow, we will get you through!!!!

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Hi Luckie and Husband-of-Luckie,

Thanks for sharing your stats.

If I'm reading it right, Luckie has more damage power so she should be the 'hitter.' Luckie should pack these spells:

Supercharge, 1.
Storm Trap, 2.
Storm Blade, 2.
Extraordinary, 2.**

Cleanse Charm, 1.
Potent Trap, 2.**
Sharpen Blade, 2.**

Luckie will also be the one to pack King Artorius and Storm Owl, one each. Your Royal Triton spell is also very useful, so keep that pet.

Luckie, if there is any way you can increase your chances to get Shadow pips before this battle, I strongly recommend it. The shadow-enhanced spells do more damage for fewer pips (5 or 6 instead of waiting for 8-10), which would make this battle with the Rat less painful. Also, you will absolutely need fast access to shadow pips once you get into Mirage.

Husband-of-Luckie, you will bring:

Windstorm, 2
Darkwind, 1.
Elemental Blades, 2.
Elemental Traps, 2.

Cleanse Charm, 1.
Potent Trap, 2.**
Sharpen Blade, 2.**

Make a special spell deck with just these cards and nothing else. Choose a deck with high critical and high critical block.

Also, a last question, can you both text chat in the game?

To the others who've offered help on this thread ... thank you!! We'll keep you posted on how things go. If we can't get Luckie past the Rat this weekend, then we'll start making plans for another run on the first weekend of June.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
Hi Freshta,

I am using my Patriote Thunderclap Cards Deck:
Max Spells - 64
Max Copies - 5
Max Storm Copies - 8
Sideboard - 37
+ 37 Max health manna
+ 29 Block Rating
+ 30 Storm Critical Rating
+ 1 pip
Socked to give Morganthe's Clamor card

As for getting extra Shadow Pips... I don't know how. I do have the Shadow Shrike Cards and the Dark Nova Cards....I have never used them though. I am willing to learn....(I am always learning in this game...LOL)

Yes, we can use the games text chat feature...but we are not very fast typers and will misspell a lot when we try to go fast.... LOL My husband and I are in the same room when on our computers so we can talk to each other as we play and that might help speed things up a bit.

We have loaded our desks as you instructed...so if there is anything else you need us to do, or need to know please do not hesitate to ask.
We really appreciate you and your friends help with this particular game boss!
~ Scarlett SkyStorm

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
To all who have been following this thread, we did it!!

I think it took about six or seven rounds but we got Luckie & Husband through on the first try, with no deaths or disasters. We used the strategy suggested by Duelist101, including the Melt. Props go to Luckie & husband both, they followed our advice perfectly and that made the battle go quite smoothly.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
HOORAY!!! Rasputin is FINALLY defeated!
I want to Thank Freshta and her friend for their help!
Alia & Rowan...you both were great and made our day!
I still cannot get over how quickly that fight went!
After months and MONTHS of disappointment, and frustration, that darn Rat bit the dust!!!
Again my husband and I want to Thank you both...
You two made this little old Lady's day!!!

Hero
May 07, 2015
LuckieWabbit on May 28, 2017 wrote:
HOORAY!!! Rasputin is FINALLY defeated!
I want to Thank Freshta and her friend for their help!
Alia & Rowan...you both were great and made our day!
I still cannot get over how quickly that fight went!
After months and MONTHS of disappointment, and frustration, that darn Rat bit the dust!!!
Again my husband and I want to Thank you both...
You two made this little old Lady's day!!!
woo hoo! good job! i wish you and your husband good luck on your adventures through the spiral. if you see me, say hi! anyway, good luck, have fun, and watch out for hydras. (i don't think you'll need protection from hydras if your a storm wizard, though)

Miranda jade song, level 103 fire wizard.