Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stacking for High-Level Wizards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 19, 2014
At level 50, we learn astral magic. Sun and star spells are very useful, but the only problem is they can only be used in limited amounts at the same time. This means if you get multiple aura spells, you can only use one, and you might ignore the other ones you have. Or with sun spells, you can only enchant a spell once, so you have to decide which enchantment you'll need most.
My idea is high level wizards (say 100, or if that's too low, 150 when we get there) should have the ability to stack enchantments and auras, limited to two, but maybe could increase at even higher levels. The only rule would be you can't stack the same spell or spells from the same line (so, no epic/epic, or epic/colossal, but epic/sniper and sharpened blade/aegis would work. And with auras, casting a second unique aura doesn't remove the first, it just radiates around it. Casting a third would remove the first aura.
I think this sounds like a decent idea, as many sun/star spells have to be overlooked because we basically have to pick a few to be our priority, plus it would add to game strategy.

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Redocean4799 on Apr 13, 2017 wrote:
At level 50, we learn astral magic. Sun and star spells are very useful, but the only problem is they can only be used in limited amounts at the same time. This means if you get multiple aura spells, you can only use one, and you might ignore the other ones you have. Or with sun spells, you can only enchant a spell once, so you have to decide which enchantment you'll need most.
My idea is high level wizards (say 100, or if that's too low, 150 when we get there) should have the ability to stack enchantments and auras, limited to two, but maybe could increase at even higher levels. The only rule would be you can't stack the same spell or spells from the same line (so, no epic/epic, or epic/colossal, but epic/sniper and sharpened blade/aegis would work. And with auras, casting a second unique aura doesn't remove the first, it just radiates around it. Casting a third would remove the first aura.
I think this sounds like a decent idea, as many sun/star spells have to be overlooked because we basically have to pick a few to be our priority, plus it would add to game strategy.
I think this might confuse things too much. We really don't need complications with blade enchanting. Imagine the chaos it could cause when a group of four wizards is trying to buff up a single hitter.

"Wait, is that blade already on?"
"I have no idea"
"Oh shoot, I should of enchanted this combination instead"
"I can't find any hits, I have too many enchants to double up my blades!"
"I am so confused. 2010 was a simpler time."

I think the fact that you can only choose a few at a time to be a priority is what influences strategy already. This concept just makes this a whole lot easier. The difficulty with friends is fine.

Don't even get me started on what this would do to PvP. Epic + Unstoppable?! or Fortify + Infallible?!

YIKES.

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 117 Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Mirage)
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying
Genevieve HexPyre 77+ PvP Warlord
(Currently questing through Avalon)

Delver
Dec 18, 2011
I would love this and it would be really usefull to have sharpen blade and aegis or virglence and vengence.

Great idea

Ryan WindHunter lvl 98

Ryan IceBlade lvl 52

Survivor
Aug 19, 2014
It really wouldn't be that complicated.. you're dealing with two instead of one. That's not a big difference. And it wouldn't come into play yet. I say maybe at the start of the third arc, they increase mob/boss difficulty and health, giving us a need to output more damage/bonuses. Also, if you use one enchantment, say an epic or colossal, if you click one another variation of that enchant, the damage spell turns gray, letting you know it cannot be enchanted with that again. To make it easy, if a spell has one enchant, it could display a small symbol, letting you know it has a damage enchant. With auras, instead of just saying how many rounds are left, it could actually tell you what the spell is.
It's the same idea as sharpened blade and potent Trap. It didn't make it more confusing to double the amount of blades and traps at our disposal, it just added to the strategy and gameplay.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Stacking auras would get overpowered fast

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Redocean4799 on Apr 14, 2017 wrote:
It really wouldn't be that complicated.. you're dealing with two instead of one. That's not a big difference. And it wouldn't come into play yet. I say maybe at the start of the third arc, they increase mob/boss difficulty and health, giving us a need to output more damage/bonuses. Also, if you use one enchantment, say an epic or colossal, if you click one another variation of that enchant, the damage spell turns gray, letting you know it cannot be enchanted with that again. To make it easy, if a spell has one enchant, it could display a small symbol, letting you know it has a damage enchant. With auras, instead of just saying how many rounds are left, it could actually tell you what the spell is.
It's the same idea as sharpened blade and potent Trap. It didn't make it more confusing to double the amount of blades and traps at our disposal, it just added to the strategy and gameplay.
"Don't even get me started on what this would do to PvP. Epic + Unstoppable?! or Fortify + Infallible?!"

Survivor
Aug 19, 2014
It would be fine for PvP. PvP is counterintuitive because all PvP players complain about adding anything challenging, so the gameplay doesn't grow. One extra aura or enchantment isn't going to cause the game to take a 180 degree turn. It will just add some interesting and new dynamics. If necessary, certain spells could be labeled "non-stackable", so if you cast these you can't stack another.

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Redocean4799 on Apr 17, 2017 wrote:
It would be fine for PvP. PvP is counterintuitive because all PvP players complain about adding anything challenging, so the gameplay doesn't grow. One extra aura or enchantment isn't going to cause the game to take a 180 degree turn. It will just add some interesting and new dynamics. If necessary, certain spells could be labeled "non-stackable", so if you cast these you can't stack another.
I see what you're saying. I'd actually enjoy mix-matching some of these enchantments. Make some nice strategies.

Auras should not be stackable though, regardless PvP or PvE.

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 117 Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Mirage)
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying
Genevieve HexPyre 84+ PvP Warlord
(Currently questing through Azteca)

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
besides the mass of overpowerness..... they'll be no confusion.... in the battle, the boxes that show your name, school, and health... scroll over to the school icon, it shows every thing on your wizard