Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Tome Errors - * Pets ATTN DECIUS

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
The following pets are marked in the tome with an * (exclusive, or no longer available), although they are all able to be obtained through hatching:

Egg Chick
Buddy Dragon
Nightwalker w/deadly minotaur card
Nightwalker w/wraith card (this is a hybrid)
Fine Wood Golem
Wargoyle - this is a bundle pet

Clarification on what exactly the * is supposed to denote would be helpful, I could not find a definition of it in the update notes from when the pet tome was added.

If it means exclusive, as in no longer able to be obtained, there are only 7 which meet this criteria

Danger Hound
Storm Beetle
Sheep
Frankie Forearms
Pioneer Dragon
Friendly Dragon
Shardtail Dragon

All of these pets will result in a hybrid when hatched, as in you can NEVER obtain them from a hatch, nor are they available in game.

Survivor
Apr 09, 2014
Egg Chick - 2 versions, 1 was the original and not working as intended. It now hatches out at egg chick, that is correct, and every one after that will be correct. The 1 that is bad, doesn't go in the tome.
Buddy Dragon, able to be obtained via hatching but no where else at this point. The pet it comes from it retired.
Nightwalker w/deadly minotaur card - see bellow
Nightwalker w/wraith card (this is a hybrid) - removed from tome since it is now retired.
Fine Wood Golem - no longer found anywhere in game except hatching with someone who already had it. Removed from Tome for that.
Wargoyle - this is a bundle pet - this one is 100% valid bug.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Decius Duelmaster on May 2, 2019 wrote:
Egg Chick - 2 versions, 1 was the original and not working as intended. It now hatches out at egg chick, that is correct, and every one after that will be correct. The 1 that is bad, doesn't go in the tome.
Buddy Dragon, able to be obtained via hatching but no where else at this point. The pet it comes from it retired.
Nightwalker w/deadly minotaur card - see bellow
Nightwalker w/wraith card (this is a hybrid) - removed from tome since it is now retired.
Fine Wood Golem - no longer found anywhere in game except hatching with someone who already had it. Removed from Tome for that.
Wargoyle - this is a bundle pet - this one is 100% valid bug.
Okay, so are you saying that the * denotes a retired pet? I need a definition to identify true bugs, thanks!

Also, are you truly removing these from the tome? I think if you can still hatch them, they should be in there.
Even things you can not hatch would be nice to be listed, but not counted toward the total, like the 7 unhatchables.

If you look at the total, under all pets the * pets are being counted, but not under the school tabs, perhaps the * can be listed but not counted overall in either tab?

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
I feel like i did not explain this very well. I believe most of us would like to see these * pets listed, just not counted against people who can no longer get them.

The totals in the school columns are already doing this by not adding in the * pets, so the only change needed would be to do the same with the All Pets column.

Hopefully this is more clear and thank you for looking at this, us pet collectors really appreciate it!