Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please make it impossible to set in tournaments

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
As everyone knows, setting in tournament is very easy. Some people use another wizard to watch other matches, so they will know the schools of the different teams. Knowing the ranking per match also makes it easy to know which team you will most likely be facing.

KI, please change this. It is unfair, and very annoying.

Possible solutions:
1. Do not display team ranking. Only display this at the end of the entire tournament.
2. Disable gear change in-between matches. So, what you are wearing the first match is still going to be the same gear you will be wearing at the 4th and final match. People will still be able to carry max shields, which is unfortunate, but at least you don't have to deal with immunity or a hitter with very high resist to your school.
3. Implement both 1 and 2. No one will ever be able to set against schools again because the risk of setting for a wrong opponent is too high.

Going second is hard enough. Facing an opponent with max resist and shields to your school makes it even more unfair.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2011
On August 8, 2018 I made this same exact forum entry. My comments and suggestions to KI were exactly the same. Go back and read it if you get bored. Several people even commented on my subject saying it was a great idea. And I've seen several other posts about "setters" with slightly different suggestions. But as you can see, this still seems to be an issue

Explorer
Dec 26, 2010
I and so many other agree with this but like many other pvp complaints I have a feeling we won't see the fix for a long time to come. After all take Juju into consideration. It only just got fixed in 2018 and not even the very beginning of it but a few months in after being complained about for YEARS.

Just a side note though unless jade gear becomes banned from pvp you would still see immunity even if setting gets fixed , when it comes to team pvp anyway. I fully expect to see a jade ice, life or death, when doing team pvp and it's entirely possible for those people to have 5 different immunity at once. I have friend who actually has the stats that prove this. He literally is immune to every school but 2 and has over 80 resist on those 2. All thanks to jade gear, well thought out amulet, athame, ring, wand, and a max stat ward pet