Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A better use for Diego's commentary

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
This is an older suggestion of mine, but seeing Diego use chat bubbles for his commentary on NPC duels seems like a good reason to bring it up again.

When defeating a monster triggers quest dialogue, a wizard often has to choose between skipping over it, or staying still long enough for their immunity to wear off and get in another battle. So instead of handling this problematic dialogue normally, do it with voice-acted chat bubbles only visible to the player. The player would be allowed to move while the chat bubbles happen, and the dialogue would still appear in the quest log as normal. If it makes things easier, they can be done as a message bubble that appears on the left side of the screen.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
average moe on Jul 12, 2018 wrote:
This is an older suggestion of mine, but seeing Diego use chat bubbles for his commentary on NPC duels seems like a good reason to bring it up again.

When defeating a monster triggers quest dialogue, a wizard often has to choose between skipping over it, or staying still long enough for their immunity to wear off and get in another battle. So instead of handling this problematic dialogue normally, do it with voice-acted chat bubbles only visible to the player. The player would be allowed to move while the chat bubbles happen, and the dialogue would still appear in the quest log as normal. If it makes things easier, they can be done as a message bubble that appears on the left side of the screen.
I agree, that would be much better!

I like listening to the dialogue and I can't count the number of times I've been dragged into another battle because I'm listening to it too long in an unsafe place!