Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lag/Latency When Getting Quests

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 29, 2016
I've been having this strange issue somewhat lately (about the past 3-5 days, I can't be sure), I'm unsure if it's related to the DDoS attacks. I'd press X to talk to a character to collect a quest they have available, and it'll take about 5ish seconds for them to finally turn and begin the dialog, however, when turning in a quest, this latency isn't present.

From what I can tell, this doesn't happen to most other people, which is why I'm confused about the whole problem. I'm not sure if there's a fix to it, or if it's something being worked on by the team. If there's something I can do, I'd love to be pointed in the right direction. Thanks!

Survivor
Sep 03, 2012
Demvare on Jan 15, 2018 wrote:
I've been having this strange issue somewhat lately (about the past 3-5 days, I can't be sure), I'm unsure if it's related to the DDoS attacks. I'd press X to talk to a character to collect a quest they have available, and it'll take about 5ish seconds for them to finally turn and begin the dialog, however, when turning in a quest, this latency isn't present.

From what I can tell, this doesn't happen to most other people, which is why I'm confused about the whole problem. I'm not sure if there's a fix to it, or if it's something being worked on by the team. If there's something I can do, I'd love to be pointed in the right direction. Thanks!
This happens to me too, sometime it works instantly, some times over a min.

Delver
Nov 16, 2017
I have been experiencing this lag myself and once it starts.....NPC's disappear, sigils are gone, I turn in a quest and the character has another one (exclamation mark overhead) but the dialog doesn't start. You're not alone Dem.

Alexis Dawnbreaker lvl 49 Storm