Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Problems With Houses (And Names)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
Ok so I'm not sure if I'm the only one that noticed or if I'm the only one that cares, but I have experienced this problem ever since the year before last. I was expecting it to be fixed via an upcoming update of some kind but nothing yet.

In both my Life house and my Massive Fantasy Palace, I would feel welcome when I hear wizard city music or something. But for some reason, they took them out and I don't know why. If people had a problem with the music, they could just turn off the music.

I know it sounds petty, but I have to admit I do miss the music that were in the houses (the ones I have at least). So I'm asking if this needs to be fixed or if this was intentional or even if this is going to be addressed. I really wanna know.

Thank you and I hope to hear from anyone soon!

Best,

Blaze Skywalker (Level 114 Diviner)

P.S WHEN ARE WE FINALLY GOING TO BE ABLE TO CHANGE OUR NAMES?! The names we created are more than likely from the mind of children that didn't know much other than TV Show names and Movie names. I would like to see at least the ability to change names somehow. Thank you!

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
I think because the music scroll players have become the norm for use in houses; also, some people were tired of hearing the WC theme in certain homes and just wanted a quiet place.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Not sure why it was changed or if it even was never noticed, however, you can buy a music player and put one inside and one outside and play whatever music you like using music scrolls. Perhaps the music scrolls was what caused them to have to change it.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
DarkM214 on May 22, 2017 wrote:
Ok so I'm not sure if I'm the only one that noticed or if I'm the only one that cares, but I have experienced this problem ever since the year before last. I was expecting it to be fixed via an upcoming update of some kind but nothing yet.

In both my Life house and my Massive Fantasy Palace, I would feel welcome when I hear wizard city music or something. But for some reason, they took them out and I don't know why. If people had a problem with the music, they could just turn off the music.

I know it sounds petty, but I have to admit I do miss the music that were in the houses (the ones I have at least). So I'm asking if this needs to be fixed or if this was intentional or even if this is going to be addressed. I really wanna know.

Thank you and I hope to hear from anyone soon!

Best,

Blaze Skywalker (Level 114 Diviner)

P.S WHEN ARE WE FINALLY GOING TO BE ABLE TO CHANGE OUR NAMES?! The names we created are more than likely from the mind of children that didn't know much other than TV Show names and Movie names. I would like to see at least the ability to change names somehow. Thank you!

The music that we once had in our houses was probably removed since there are now music players from various worlds along with the music of that world. If you miss the WC music so much, you could probably buy the player and music scrolls to bring it back for you.

As for changing the names of your current wizards, that is something KI has always stated won't happen. If you don't like that wizards name, the only thing you can do is create a new one.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
By the way for those who want music, took me a while to figure out but you can buy a music player at the furniture shop in Wizard City. I think it is 1000 gold??

Then you can also craft or win music players I think.

Maybe people can list types of music players and where to get them.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
SparkleTude on May 23, 2017 wrote:
By the way for those who want music, took me a while to figure out but you can buy a music player at the furniture shop in Wizard City. I think it is 1000 gold??

Then you can also craft or win music players I think.

Maybe people can list types of music players and where to get them.
The music player craft recipes are sold by Rose Piper in the B.O.X.E.S event.
I have heard they are dropped somewhere around the spiral, but not sure who/where.
The different styles I'm familiar with are the Dragonspyre, Mooshoo, Ravenscar, Krokatopia, and Marleybone.