Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How To Improve Pet Training

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 18, 2016
Hello Wizards and graduates of Ravenwood. First and foremost, I'd like to thank Kingsisle for making a double pet XP member benefit possible this weekend. I'm sure Kingsisle knows full well how much the Wizard101 player base loves the double pet XP member benefit, as it is one of the more popular benefits offered. However, I'd like to touch base on a slight problem and expand on a post that CaptainAureus made. The double pet XP member benefit is nice and believe me when I say I took full advantage of it, but the thing is, the pet training system is flawed and long overdue for a rework. I am tired of seeing my pets fail one after another at Mega. When my pet is about to hit Mega, my anxiety goes through the roof because I'm sure it's going to fail and fail it does. I then sit there in tears as I see that I wasted numerous energy elixirs and pet snacks on a now useless pet. I have a fix for this that Kingsisle can take into account to make pet training a bit more fair so getting the correct pet stat that you want isn't 100% based on luck. First and foremost, like CaptainAureus said in a recent post, when your pet levels up, the player should get a pop up with 2 or 3 talents to choose from, but the talents should be in the pet's gene pool. Second, for those of you who have pets with at least one unwanted stat, Kingsisle should allow a function that allows us to pay 50 or 100 so Crowns to reroll the unwanted stat into a different pet stat. For example, my pet Mini Mimic that I worked so hard on got every stat perfect and when it got to Mega, it ultimately failed. It got Healing Current, Sprite, Fairy, Sprite Queen and at Mega it failed with 2% armor piercing instead of Fairy to complete my x5 pet healing project! Can Kingsisle even consider or please take into account adding a pet reroll system so players are less angry and less frustrated when their pets don't get the stats they want at Mega? I'm so sick of wasting energy and pet snacks on a pet that got an unwanted stat. It'd be nice if I could pay some Crowns to reroll the 2% armor piercing failed stat that my Mini Mimic pet has into Fairy. I'm sure many players would buy lots of Crowns if a pet reroll system was implemented, so my idea would kill 2 birds with one stone. It would bring in more revenue for Kingsisle as they now have more players purchasing Crowns and it would take a lot of the frustration out of pet training. Thanks for reading and good luck out there in the Spiral, wizards!

Sincerely,
Blaze StormSword (Level 125 Diviner, Lore Spell and Pet Enthusiast)
Blaze DreamBlade (Level 15 Conjurer)

Defender
Sep 29, 2010
Ah yes, I forgot to mention the talents would have to be in the pet's gene pool to even be considered an option, sorry about that.

Survivor
Oct 22, 2011
This sounds like a really cool idea. . I personally would like to see this added because I have a pet that has a single talent I do not really like too much, but the other talents are pretty gr8. Something so that you can reroll any talents on a specific pet as many times as you’d like, but totally random pick of other talents in that pets gene pool. Also make it so the price of reroll goes up every time it’s used on a single pet like when buying back training points. (Keep a record of rerolls per individual pet. Like a counter in the corner while in “pets tab” while looking at a pets info).

My pet is a Mega ice wyvern. (I really like the model)
Pixie maycast
Unicorn maycast

MANA GIFT

Balance blade maycast
Fearless Fortifier Maycast

Christopher iceshard (level 108 Thamaturge)