Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hole underneath olde town

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 30, 2011
Just curious what everyone's thoughts are about what is going to happen with the hole that is in Olde Town. In case you were unaware there is a hole that opened up in Olde Town on the path towards triton avenue. It has been dormant for a while but at some point Renee Wooften and 3 landscapers gathered around it. What most people probably don't know is that if you walk up to them you can hear them talking about the hole. The actual conversation loop is pretty log but the gist is that they were landscaping and the crack opened up. The Landscapers say they think they should send someone to check it out but Renee says that notified the headmaster and is waiting for him to tell them what they should do. I think it is worth mentioning that they say there could be anything down in the hole so clearly something fairly important it going to happen with it. So back to my question, what do people think is going to happen with this hole and additionally how soon?

Nathan Stormthief

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
When the tunnel first appeared, I thought it might have something to do with the 10'th Anniversary celebration. Now, however, with that past us, I think is has something to do with Empyrea Part 2.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
I think it may be part of a Christmas event.

Survivor
Oct 16, 2015
I think it's going to be a special dungeon, like the special annual "tardis" in Marley bone, and Olde town.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
Not sure, but this is a bit of a spoiler:

it might be related to what sibyl said about "nothing"

Survivor
Aug 19, 2009
If I had to take a guess I would say that it has something to do with the next area after Empyrea pt. 2. I think that KingsIsle may be taking a different approach at what is to come.

Maybe it is just going to be a new dungeon to farm gear out of, who knows! Can't wait to find out...

Chase WildWraith 110
Jason SpiritBlade 80
Kane HexBringer 30

Survivor
Jun 17, 2013
What if the "Nothing" Sybil is talking about is actually the old Wizard City and is now nothing (nothing in this matter means destroyed.)
Blaze 58

Survivor
Dec 10, 2018
mines kinda long but i posted it a few days back, the title is "puzzle pieces"

Survivor
Nov 26, 2012
I remember water works, when a certain "boss" informed me that I had not "seen the last of him". Perhaps he's got a lair, under the city, where he does nefarious things and collects treasure for me to come and wrest from his greedy grasp. Sounds like a party to me.

Defender
Jan 30, 2014
I'm also curious to see what the hole will be.

I don't think it'll be a max level dungeon, but whatever it is, since Renee informed Headmaster Ambrose about it we'll likely get the quest from him.

My guess is some sort of new area, maybe a train station of some sort. To help wizards get around quicker in Wizard City. Just a theory, but I think it'd be neat. Similar to the balloon cars in MB

Survivor
Nov 15, 2018
I think there will be a questline of Wizard City Underground. My thought of it would be sort of like the center of the Earth theme. Just a guess but think it would be kinda cool.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2016
Imagine if this tunnel is a secret layer for the cabal. For years they have been using the tunnels to spy on us and the teachers. Our mission would be to defeat all the cabal in a series of a few different dungeons starting with a easier dungeon and it gets harder and harder. This would drop cool items and gear like darkmoor. Also shane from darkmoor said we will see him again what if after his former employer malistare the undying accepted his fate he was recruited by the cabal. To help you out in this dungeon Ambrose sets you up with your teacher as a helper who gives 10+damage. At the end of the dungeon you fight the hidden leader of the cabal to save the recently dissapearing citizens of wizard city

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Or a secret tunnel to a Come And Go room (room of requirement) that changes randomly and we're never quite sure what we'll get

Wizard 1: Yeah I went down there and it was a friendly dragon in his lair...he gave me this hat!
Wizard 2: Whoa, I went in and there was a bunch of angry goblins...the drops were awesome!
Me: I went in again...still just a dusty old broom cupboard!

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Have you seen Renae Wooften lately? They've changed it up... I think one of the landscapers fell in!!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
I had originally thought that the hole was symbolic to the current re-vamp taking place within Wizard City.

But, with the re-vamp slated to be completed and overturned to the Live Realm, and the hole still intact, then it's even more confusing.

I'm guessing there might be sigils glowing in front of it...someday though requiring us to investigate said hole.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
There was a quest given by Zan'ne the Librarian in Krokotopia asking for Wizard City Newspaper. Zen'ne read the Headlines saying " Alligators in the Sewers". Remembering that quest while seeing the hole under Old Town made me wounder if there'll be a dungeon quest battling Alligators.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Lookit Light on Apr 4, 2019 wrote:
Have you seen Renae Wooften lately? They've changed it up... I think one of the landscapers fell in!!
Nope, just the 3 landscapers, as always.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Sings:
There's a hole in the bottom of Olde Town
There's a hole in the bottom of Olde Town;
There's a hole, there's a hole, there's a hole
in the bottom of Olde Town!

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
anecorbie on Apr 16, 2019 wrote:
Nope, just the 3 landscapers, as always.
It's on Teat realm, and there are only two of them. I wonder when we go in to find him.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2012
My idea is that this will be some sort of special dungeon, like Aquilla or Darkmoor. We got a little bit of a foreshadow in Empyrea, I think, though because we had a quest to fix Bartleby's roots, and I think this quest will have to do with his roots as well!

Can't wait to see the reveal

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Lookit Light on Apr 17, 2019 wrote:
It's on Teat realm, and there are only two of them. I wonder when we go in to find him.
Yes, I realize that now! And his name is "Doug" ( get it? DUG! ) So I've decided to call the other 2 Diggory and Clay..

Perhaps this Summer Ambrose will send a search & rescue. And we'll find C.H.U.D.s! ( Or Morlocks... )

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
anecorbie on May 12, 2019 wrote:
Yes, I realize that now! And his name is "Doug" ( get it? DUG! ) So I've decided to call the other 2 Diggory and Clay..

Perhaps this Summer Ambrose will send a search & rescue. And we'll find C.H.U.D.s! ( Or Morlocks... )
I started wondering if it was Dougal Doug the mole from the mana game! That might explain why they're not overly worried too

I'm looking forward to finding out what lurks beneath Wizard City!

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
anecorbie on May 12, 2019 wrote:

It'll be a new addition to the Four Dungeons! That's the only reasonable thing I can come up with, a FIFTH DUNGEON!

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Lookit Light on May 13, 2019 wrote:
It'll be a new addition to the Four Dungeons! That's the only reasonable thing I can come up with, a FIFTH DUNGEON!
Each of the extra dungeons were raised in difficulty by level; this dungeon ( if it is a dungeon ) is in a FtP area of Wizard City. I don't think it will be very difficult for lower levels.
All the tasks Renee sent us on weren't combat related, it was all linked to the graphic updates. Perhaps this will be more in line with an archaeology exploration?

Survivor
Nov 26, 2012
Perhaps it will be the rest of "nightside" with the special areas of the holidays being quests we can all have, year round. Whatever it is, Doug needs my help and I want to go rescue him!