Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The most effective schools imo, with reasoning

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 11, 2014
And I do not mean which is your favorite. Here is my logical rankings
This is in terms of actual usefullness in hard situations. Not judging this by how easily a class can kill mobs which rarely require any sort of tanking or strategy whatsoever in later worlds

1- Life. I mean you can heal yourself, nuff said, life is probably the only school that can possibly dolo things such as darkmoor. You can take 3k damage and come back from it one one round. Many farming teams also need life wizards as an irreplacable asset, on skeleton key bosses and such. Most other roles (attacking tanking buffing) can be done very well by many other schools, but lifes healing is unrivaled (other schools can’t critical heal) on manyMy only problem with life is forest lord being super lame and taking like 30 seconds. Life also gets gnomest which is the coolest spell ever :)

2. Ice. My first wizard- I always see people put this at the bottom of their list because it is “weak and they dont like low damage”

My ice has 115 damage 70% critcal over 8k health and 54 uni resist- uh how is this weak? That being said, a current max ice can now reach the same attackability as most other classes except with over 2000 more health. Only conplaint is that ice NEEEEEEDS a heal :( I would be more than happy if ices next shadow spell had a heal effect, ( should be themed after christmas :)

3/4 Fire/balance
Imo both these schools have perfectly balanced spells and stats- I can’t really say which is actually “better” not very contreversial so I wont say much
5. Storm
Alot of people would put this first on their list- but here is the reality of it-
Storm is only op on EASY content. Killing mobs and normal bosses is easy for storm because the game gets easy after khrysalis, mobs barely do any damage. But, if you where to take storm into any hard boss battle, you are basically useless unless you are constantly healed and spoon fed by the rest of your team. I feel like pre-nerf mirage was the perfect world to make people have to utilize the strengths of every school because of its difficulty. Currently the game is just easy so storm will wreck everything easy. Also storm has lame spells fireflies? No 2 ugly sea creature spells? No. Waves? No ( would be cooler if they made it a beach animation with people running and all lol)
Fireflies? Meh. Ruskalas is trash. Only storm owl and iron sultan are cool imo. One more thong is that there are. WAY too many storm wizards (30-40% of people I have seen in empyrea) now everytime I see a tempest or glowbug I honestly just want to play somthing else ( I have a storm but I dont find the playstyle nor the spells interesting enough for me to use it actively)

>>sorry this one is long- I just get tired of seeing many kids simply resort to the playstyle of high numbers and nothing else. When people rank schools they usually just put storm first and say “ high damage” Yeah... not how it works

My death and myth ones are also parapgraphs so they wont fit:(