Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is it worth restarting?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 21, 2010
I recently created a new character so I could pursue the balance school. As soon as I got two training points, i spent them on fire cat and fire elf, when i could’ve saved them (i hear everyone saying spending training points too quickly was a big mistake). So, since I’ve only just gotten up to finishing Unicorn Way, i was wondering if I should just stick with being short two training points or if i should just restart and save them, since i haven’t gotten far.

Thanks!

Survivor
Aug 28, 2011
i do agree that one should be careful with what spells to train, and sounds like you already have other wizard(s), so you probably know what spells are available. if you think Fire Cat and Fire Elf is useful spell to your wizard, then i would keep going. there are a lot more training points to come (btw, Fire Elf is the only DoT spell for quite a while, i do think there is use for it).
at some point, if you think you trained wrong spells, you can talk to Mr. Lincoln in Golem Court and you can buy back all your training point and return all the spells you trained with training points, but it does cost a lot of Crowns to do so.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
TheMostKawaiiGhost on Jul 19, 2018 wrote:
I recently created a new character so I could pursue the balance school. As soon as I got two training points, i spent them on fire cat and fire elf, when i could’ve saved them (i hear everyone saying spending training points too quickly was a big mistake). So, since I’ve only just gotten up to finishing Unicorn Way, i was wondering if I should just stick with being short two training points or if i should just restart and save them, since i haven’t gotten far.

Thanks!
It's up to you. If you are going to Restart do it now, but I also don't know if that's necessary. If you have a membership there is regularly an event to "Buyback your Training points" for free from Mr. Lincoln- you can find him in Golem Court. Even if you are not a member or the special isn't going on you can always talk to Mr. Lincoln and buy them back for some amount of Crowns. If this is your first time buying back your Training points and you haven't already spent loads of them. You possibly could do it for free this first time anyway- so no need to restart.

Hopefully that answers your question and good luck Sorcerer!

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
You could restart but there are also times when you can buy back your training points for free. I'd personally wait for that and then reset. Two training points won't affect you too badly.

Moira Stormheart

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010

Thanks!
for the first several training points buyback is free

Survivor
Jun 28, 2010
It depends on how worth it is to you to have those 2 training points back. My myth guy has finished all side quests (including prospector) so far. I have like 6 training points i'm not using yet. However, later there are other spells you'll want to get like astral spells(sun, star, moon). These will take training points. If i were you i would restart.

Defender
Apr 03, 2016

Thanks!
Well I mean since im a person who spends WAY too much time obsessing over little details I guess it is worth restarting. your already really early in the game, why not? and plus the only stuff that will come in a lot of use soon will learning in the death school until you get feint and learning sharpened blade, potent trap, and Primordial (if your life) and your school Aura. so my opinion, Yes, it is worth restarting. your only 2 training points in game and the fire school doesn't come in much use in my opinion if you aren't already that school.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Go to Professor Lincoln in Golem Court and see how much it will cost to buy back your training points. I don't think it costs anything for the first 3 so you might be able to reset them free without restarting

If you've used more and it's going to cost crowns I'd probably restart the character since it is still very early in the game but from the sound of things you're probably safe to get them free

Good luck!

Survivor
May 01, 2010
In my personal opinion, you can restart. Most people train death to feint, life to satyr, and ice to tower shield instead of focusing on 2 schools (I did that with my first char, but I'm level 52 now so there's no going back lol)