Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can't Get Ice Minion for Ice Blade!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 12, 2011
I'm having some trouble as an ice wizard, for I can't get ice blade, as I can't get ice minion. I've done the quest for the ice trap (Introduction to Ice), the quest for ice prism (No More Mr. Ice Guy), the Ice Man Cometh, and Going Ice Snaking (Ice Armor) but I haven't gotten gathering information! I'm level 38, completed all the quests in Wizard City (That I can Do), all the quests in Krokotopia (That I can do), all quests in Grizzleheim that can be achieved at level 35 (Can't go into Wintertusk or Ravenscar), and I finished the main storyline in Marleybone, starting to do all the side quests. What am I doing wrong??

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Okay, backtracking all the way back to the quest that results in a fairly useful Minion.

You mentioned you completed the quest Gathering Information, but what about The Chest Awaits and Chilling Information?

The second quest (The Chest Awaits) is given by Mayor Pimsbury in Digmoore Station, Marleybone

He'll require you to defeat Nimah the Wicked in Chelsea Court, Marleybone. After which, you'll then be required to return to your professor for the final quest which should finally reward your minion.

Your prof will then have the follow up quest The Fungus Among Us which is the first quest leading up to the Iceblade spell.

Good Luck!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
judithrae on Apr 29, 2018 wrote:
I'm having some trouble as an ice wizard, for I can't get ice blade, as I can't get ice minion. I've done the quest for the ice trap (Introduction to Ice), the quest for ice prism (No More Mr. Ice Guy), the Ice Man Cometh, and Going Ice Snaking (Ice Armor) but I haven't gotten gathering information! I'm level 38, completed all the quests in Wizard City (That I can Do), all the quests in Krokotopia (That I can do), all quests in Grizzleheim that can be achieved at level 35 (Can't go into Wintertusk or Ravenscar), and I finished the main storyline in Marleybone, starting to do all the side quests. What am I doing wrong??
If this is a double post please ignore - for some reason it failed to connect when I clicked to post it.

Have you tried speaking to Lydia Greyrose in Ravenwood to see if she has any side quests for you? At level 38 she should have a bunch of sides that lead to Ice Blade.

Just to check, what do you mean by 'That I can do'? Have you got membership or have you bought with crowns (missing some areas)? To complete the quests you will need access to Colossus Boulevard, Mooshu and Krokotopia. If you haven't reached an area yet you could ask a higher level friend to teleport you there. If you don't have a friend to help then you could ask in a busy place like the commons, bazaar or hatchery.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Survivor
Sep 12, 2011
I forgot about those previous quests, oh no! I think I have the quest for Nimbah the Wicked, but put it off because of Kensington Park, and didn't know. Thanks for helping!