Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life trap should buff for 30%

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 26, 2013
I think that life trap should be 30% because life is considered as one of the weakest schools in terms of hitting. Death trap and Ice trap are both 30% but why is Life trap only 25%? Also when it comes to blades the three of them buff for 40%, so why not have Life trap buff for 30% as well? its just my opinion, i want to hear your guys's thoughts.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
You know, I was about to comment mentioning the fact that 's damaging spells do more damage than 's which is why there's a difference within the trap %.

But as I compared the two, I notice that the only difference I really saw was with the school's Rank VI spells with Centaur doing 515 - 595 while Ice Colossus does 500 - 580.

In most other scenarios, 's hitting spells does the same as 's such as Leprechaun compared to Snow Serpent or Nature's Wrath compared to Evil Snowman.

However, as one levels, the damage of the spells shifts towards a little. Notable examples:

Gnomes - 780 - 880
Mammoth - 800 - 900

Forest Lord - 540 - 620
Snow Angel 100 + 600

However, there's another small shift to life if you're looking close enough or how you view the math.

So, it's neither here nor there I guess.

I purposefully left out since half of the school's arsenal are drains; meaning, their damage output is severely lowered.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I think 25% is fine because life is less about damage but if it were increased to 30% I don't think it would upset the balance of things. With so many tc blades easily available now I don't think changing it would affect many players - which can be used as argument for or against changing it!

I was a life wiz before tc blades were so easy to come by and the 5% difference didn't make a significant difference to how I played or whether I survived. If there are enough life wizards wanting it changed it might be worth the time/money required to change it, but if most wizards are happy with it how it is then it may not be worth changing it just for the sake of making it the same as similar traps for other schools.

Do you find that 5% difference is having a big effect on your game play, ability to survive or enjoyment of the game?

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Victoria FireHeart on Mar 31, 2018 wrote:
I think 25% is fine because life is less about damage but if it were increased to 30% I don't think it would upset the balance of things. With so many tc blades easily available now I don't think changing it would affect many players - which can be used as argument for or against changing it!

I was a life wiz before tc blades were so easy to come by and the 5% difference didn't make a significant difference to how I played or whether I survived. If there are enough life wizards wanting it changed it might be worth the time/money required to change it, but if most wizards are happy with it how it is then it may not be worth changing it just for the sake of making it the same as similar traps for other schools.

Do you find that 5% difference is having a big effect on your game play, ability to survive or enjoyment of the game?

Yes when I've completely bladed, trapped, enchanted, auraed, and criticalled only to find the boss has survived with 53 points to spare.

ARRRRGH!

Steven Ghoststalker

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Area51Alien on Mar 31, 2018 wrote:

Yes when I've completely bladed, trapped, enchanted, auraed, and criticalled only to find the boss has survived with 53 points to spare.

ARRRRGH!

Steven Ghoststalker
At some point or another, this is something I feel all of us can relate to XD.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012

ARRRRGH!

Steven Ghoststalker
What blades and traps are you using? What's your damage stats? Except for bosses, my life could easily kill OHK a minion. Depending on the boss, OHM there too. What I use is:

40% school blade
50% sharpened blade (if I had it)
40% item blade (Dryad pet blade)
45% item blade (dual life blade gem)
45% TC blade
95% gear
Strongest damage enhancing sun school spell I own

When my gear wasnt this good, and I didnt have sharpened blade, I'd use 1 blade less. If I really wanted more of a punch, I'd use the Spirit Blade. Obviously I would change this up depending on the boss school, spells, cheats. If I needed even MORE punch, I'd use life and spirit traps. Beyond that, wand them to death. All of this of course is level and spell dependent.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014

ARRRRGH!

Steven Ghoststalker
Eeeek for text instead of actual conversation....I don't know if you're joking with me or being serious!!!

If you're serious and this is happening a lot (being fully loaded up on boosts but not killing) may I ask what you're considering 'completely bladed, trapped, enchanted, auraed...'? You're high level so maybe you're missing some cool spells that would help - I'm happy to help work out which ones and how you can get them if that's the case

If you're joking please forgive me missing it...I don't always pick up on tone when it's typed