Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best gear for a Life Wizard?

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Looking for some advice.

My level 72 Wizard is wearing the same gear he crafted in Celestia. I like it because it offers a nice critical rating in both Life and Myth as well as a nice Life damage boost. I prefer the High Critical because I spend most of my time soloing and better damage means more to me than boosted healing.

Is there gear above 70 that offers higher than what I crafted at level 55-ish

Steven Ghoststalker

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
Area51Alien on Aug 6, 2017 wrote:
Looking for some advice.

My level 72 Wizard is wearing the same gear he crafted in Celestia. I like it because it offers a nice critical rating in both Life and Myth as well as a nice Life damage boost. I prefer the High Critical because I spend most of my time soloing and better damage means more to me than boosted healing.

Is there gear above 70 that offers higher than what I crafted at level 55-ish

Steven Ghoststalker
I used the Waterworks hat and robe and the Zafaria crafted shoes. For the wand, I used the Sidhe Staff. I remember I had perfect accuracy and power pip chance with it, and it is SO nice knowing I will never fizzle and I'll always get a power pip :P

For the amulet, I used the Sun's Piercing Ray. It gives a decent amount of health, plus that Pierce card was useful in numerous occasions. For the athame and ring, I used the ones dropped in the Tower of the Helephant. A lot of people don't like that dungeon, but I love farming it for no reason and I even force my friends to do it with me for fun lol.

At level 74 you can use the Avalon crafted robe, and at 76 you can use the crafted hats and shoes. If you can't get the Sidhe Staff (I got mine from Mirror Lake), a wand that many of my other characters used at this level was the Wyrd-Oak Staff. That staff is a level 75+ weapon.

I don't know if you know this, but having a second school as you progress further into the second arc becomes pretty much impossible to manage. That Myth critical won't help you much the higher you level up :P

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
There is Wintertusk Crafted Gear, Waterworks Gear, and Zigazag gear also available, that I consider to be better than Celestia Crafted Gear due to better incoming/outgoing healing and resist, with about the same amount of critical and block. I consider the Wintertusk helmet, Waterworks robe, and Waterworks boots to be the best combination out of them. If you're not interested, there is excellent crafted gear in Avalon that I highly recommend, but they are hard to get due to the Zafaria Crafting Quest and high rare reagent requirements. If you're willing, then definitely go for it. I recommend the Helm of the Banneret (Hat), Knightly Armor (Robe) [If you still want that Myth Critical, then go for the Vassal's Longcoat], Wildgrave Striders (Boots), the Horn Handled Knife (Athame), the Kinsmans Bond (Ring), and the amulet is up to you. Hope I could help, and good luck on your gear!

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Thank you for the advice.

So I'll need to get to Avalon first. I can do that.

Steven Ghoststalker