Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best gear for each level

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 25, 2015
Hello! Currently I am a level 73 balance wizard (Elizabeth DreamWeave) journeying through Zafaria. My goal is to have a max level wizard for each school, and I am on my first wizard. I am hoping that by answering my question you'll help me and many other players have an easier journey to reach their wizard101 goals.

What I want to know is if there is a guide what the best gear is for each level. I know this is a very subjective topic, so please no arguing. I do not wish to go dredging through the game with sub par gear. I know youtubers like Blaze and Blue who do walkthroughs know what gear is good for each level, but how do I figure it out?

Basically, what is the best gear for each level? Please help! I don't want to do hours of research D:

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
It depends on your play style and for that reason "researching" things is probably your best bet. As a general rule stuff from the major dungeons of the appropriate level, (WaterWorks, Mount Olympus, Tartarus, Darkmoor, House of Scales), the skeleton key bosses (Ra, Omen Stribog, etc.) and (Exhalted, Archmage etc.) duels with Krokopatra and Rattlebones generally drop good gear. Crafting is also an option. It just takes a little searching to find what works best for you. Good luck!

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
For the level you're at I would say Waterworks gear and then upgrade to Darkmoor gear at level 100. If you are curious for what gear is best at what levels then you could try researching it on google. Sadly you can only have 6 characters per account meaning that to have a wizard of each school, you have to create another account.

Explorer
Dec 12, 2012
frostednutella on Aug 28, 2016 wrote:
For the level you're at I would say Waterworks gear and then upgrade to Darkmoor gear at level 100. If you are curious for what gear is best at what levels then you could try researching it on google. Sadly you can only have 6 characters per account meaning that to have a wizard of each school, you have to create another account.
I see you everywhere XD