Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Amulets at level 50! 60K GOLD?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Aug 04, 2013
Hello Ki and fellow wizards.

I am here to report something very expensive and what i think is a problem. I hit level 50 yesterday and i was excited to see what new gear would be available to me in the bazaar. So i went to have a look at some of the new amulets that were on sale. Then i became furious and shocked. The amulets were 60-40K in gold. These amulets only gave about 120-150 health and ONE card! I bought an amulet that gave me a windstorm and kraken card for only 10K. Can i please have an explanation as too why amulets that just give a little bit of health and only ONE card can cost more than the amount needed to hatch a new pet?!

Thanks

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Because players want them. Prices are based on supply and demand, as in real life, if an item is popular it usually sells out quickly and carries a high price.

You can farm for the amulet if you don't want to buy it, or farm for drops to sell for gold, or garden. By level 50 there are lots of ways to earn gold. A large plot of plants or bashing Wintertusk bosses could do it quickly.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Gold is free and overly abundant. If you don't want the improvements of higher costing amulets, don't buy them.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Talon Spiritbreake... on Aug 18, 2014 wrote:

I am here to report something very expensive and what i think is a problem. I hit level 50 yesterday and i was excited to see what new gear would be available to me in the bazaar. So i went to have a look at some of the new amulets that were on sale. Then i became furious and shocked. The amulets were 60-40K in gold. These amulets only gave about 120-150 health and ONE card! I bought an amulet that gave me a windstorm and kraken card for only 10K. Can i please have an explanation as too why amulets that just give a little bit of health and only ONE card can cost more than the amount needed to hatch a new pet?!

Thanks
The items in the Bazaar are priced due to the quantity "in stock" - those people of higher levels are probably not selling these.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010

Thanks
Supply and demand judge the prices at the Bazaar. What is worse is when you purchase an amulet then get it dropped to you in normal questing shortly after - ugh.

Mary

Champion
Jul 13, 2013

Thanks
If you notice, the cards on there are pretty nice.
Keep in mind that the Bazaar is run by wizards buying and selling stuff(which is pretty cool because I've never seen something like that in a game.)
But I think it's fine that they cost a lot. You have to work hard to get stuff, right? If everything was supper easy to get, the game wouldn't be any fun anymore.
Myrna Dragoncloud