Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ideas for 3rd Arc

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 09, 2014
At the end of the Morganthe storyline, Old Cob mentioned he would send war to Polaris, Empyrea, and Mirage. He will likely be the antagonist of the 3rd Arc, and I have made some speculations as to what Polaris, Empyrea, and Mirage may mean.

Polaris - In the Wizard City Quest "The Trees," Kelvin, Bernie and Torrence explain how Bartleby's children, the Giants, Tritons, and Dragons all went to war in seek of new land. The Tritons ruled the seas, the Giants ruled over the skies, and Dragons were rulers of the land. In Latin, polar means axis, or whole sky. Since the Giants ruled over the skies, I thought maybe the world would be a land of Ice Magic, possibly ruled by Frost Giants or Colossuses, and also, the phrase whole sky probably indicates Polaris is a land in the sky. Also, Polaris is a star, and that could also be an indicator that the bosses and NPC's in Polaris are based off magic.

Empyrea - Empyrus, from Ancient Greek, meant "in or on the fire," In addition, Empyrean Heaven, or "highest heaven", could have been used to represent the Aether, or the "material that fills the universe above the terrestrial sphere." Also, Aether, the Greek God of Light, is often represented by the sun, and therefore, Empyrea could also be a world of Sun Magic. Plus, Empyreuma and Empyreumatic both are words used to represent the burning of organic matter. Since burning=fire, this gives yet more evidence to support the fact that this could be of fire magic. Finally, in Wysteria, a man gives you a package of sky-squid ink and says it is from Empyrea. Sky-Squids likely exist in the sky, which could, once again, represent the Aether.

Mirage - Although I gave much evidence for the first two, Mirage will be harder to explain. I gave it storm to complete the elemental triangle(Fire, Ice, Storm) and I will give evidence to support the fact that it is a world. A mirage is "an optical illusion of a sheet of water appearing in the desert or on a hot road, caused by light being distorted by alternate layers of hot and cool air," OR : "something that appears to be real but is unreal or merely imagined." These signs tell me that if Mirage is anything like a real mirage, it would be a world, due to the fact that the moon spells place you under the illusion of a certain creature temporarily. Again, Mirage may be a Storm world, and I may be missing a clue, but for those of you who think it is fire (because of the frequency of mirage's in deserts/hot days, I believe the claims for Empyrea representing are much more compelling).

Thank you and of course, feedback and criticism is always appreciated .

Zachary SpiritSword Level 39
Zachary GriffonBlood Level 13

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
Skittlez48 on Jul 31, 2014 wrote:
At the end of the Morganthe storyline, Old Cob mentioned he would send war to Polaris, Empyrea, and Mirage. He will likely be the antagonist of the 3rd Arc, and I have made some speculations as to what Polaris, Empyrea, and Mirage may mean.

Polaris - In the Wizard City Quest "The Trees," Kelvin, Bernie and Torrence explain how Bartleby's children, the Giants, Tritons, and Dragons all went to war in seek of new land. The Tritons ruled the seas, the Giants ruled over the skies, and Dragons were rulers of the land. In Latin, polar means axis, or whole sky. Since the Giants ruled over the skies, I thought maybe the world would be a land of Ice Magic, possibly ruled by Frost Giants or Colossuses, and also, the phrase whole sky probably indicates Polaris is a land in the sky. Also, Polaris is a star, and that could also be an indicator that the bosses and NPC's in Polaris are based off magic.

Empyrea - Empyrus, from Ancient Greek, meant "in or on the fire," In addition, Empyrean Heaven, or "highest heaven", could have been used to represent the Aether, or the "material that fills the universe above the terrestrial sphere." Also, Aether, the Greek God of Light, is often represented by the sun, and therefore, Empyrea could also be a world of Sun Magic. Plus, Empyreuma and Empyreumatic both are words used to represent the burning of organic matter. Since burning=fire, this gives yet more evidence to support the fact that this could be of fire magic. Finally, in Wysteria, a man gives you a package of sky-squid ink and says it is from Empyrea. Sky-Squids likely exist in the sky, which could, once again, represent the Aether.

Mirage - Although I gave much evidence for the first two, Mirage will be harder to explain. I gave it storm to complete the elemental triangle(Fire, Ice, Storm) and I will give evidence to support the fact that it is a world. A mirage is "an optical illusion of a sheet of water appearing in the desert or on a hot road, caused by light being distorted by alternate layers of hot and cool air," OR : "something that appears to be real but is unreal or merely imagined." These signs tell me that if Mirage is anything like a real mirage, it would be a world, due to the fact that the moon spells place you under the illusion of a certain creature temporarily. Again, Mirage may be a Storm world, and I may be missing a clue, but for those of you who think it is fire (because of the frequency of mirage's in deserts/hot days, I believe the claims for Empyrea representing are much more compelling).

Excellent observation, young wizard. Though I think Mirage will be more of a Balance World, just like Krokotopia was a Balance World. And Balance has a lot to do with Deserts more than Fire does. Ad I was thinking, how Krokotopia has the Elemental Schools (Fire, Ice, and Storm), Mirage would have the Spiritual Schools (Life, Death, and Myth).

-Nick level 100

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
Skittlez48 on Jul 31, 2014 wrote:

Actually, Polaris is ruled by Napoleguin, and is home to penguins, polar bears, and maybe something else, it seems to be based off of France during Napoleon's time, and Russia.

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
i agree with this man good idea seeing as storm has a moon attack "insane bolt" other schools dont so yea :0

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
I always figured Mirage was the island we can see from KT but can't get to. The mirage might be that it is much bigger than it appears from the Oasis. A Persian cat themed world should be fun no matter what types of magic are there.