Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Shadow Magic

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 28, 2014
I'm at level 47 - Death with currently 3 training points . I found out about Shadow Magic & I also found out that you can only learn Shadow Magic with training points . So I would like to know, how many should I save up? (If I need to, I will buy back my previous points (Which I would need to pay money for the crowns))

I'm not sure how many spells are there & how many training points I will need?

Thankyou in advance.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Xirios on Dec 30, 2014 wrote:
I'm at level 47 - Death with currently 3 training points . I found out about Shadow Magic & I also found out that you can only learn Shadow Magic with training points . So I would like to know, how many should I save up? (If I need to, I will buy back my previous points (Which I would need to pay money for the crowns))

Thankyou in advance.
Do not buy back training points. At your level it's way too expensive. Do the Zeke quests in each world to gain more training points, you will have plenty. And don't forget the sun/star spells in Celestia.

Shadow spells are below:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Shadow_School_Spells

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
Xirios on Dec 30, 2014 wrote:

Thankyou in advance.
You don't learn magic until level 92, so you have time. The first set of Shadow spells contain 3 spells, every wizard gets 1 for free, the rest you can buy. Then the second set of Shadow spells work similarly.

You have LOADS of time before that point, however. Maybe do some Zeke quests to stock up on training points for when the time comes. Plus you're probably gonna want some Astral spells. So I would definitely do all the Zeke quests you can in order to learn plenty of spells.

Defender
Apr 05, 2013
Whoa there, slow down lol. You're thinking 50 levels ahead. Anyway, there's only a couple shadow spells, about three, and you don't need all of them, you also get one for free ;p. Maybe save up one point.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Shadow spells won't be a problem. If you are happy with what you have trained, you needn't buy back points. However, if you have trained a "secondary" school for damage, now might be a good time to reset points anyway.

There are currently 6 trainable Shadow spells. You will get 2 free. Most likely you will also want to train Shrike, so you'll need only one point for that.

Long before you get Shadow magic, you will want Astral spells. The moment you reach level 50, train Strong in Celestia Base Camp. Pick up the Ogdan Peeke quest(s) and use the next points for Giant at 52, Monstrous at 56, Gargantuan at 58. You'll eventually want Colossal too, but you can't get to that trainer until late in Zafaria. Depending on playing style, you may also want to train Fortify, Amplify, and Infallible. Those can be obtained in stronger version as treasure cards, so you may not need to train them now. You will want Virulence (84) when you can get it in Azteca.