Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 7-31-14

AuthorMessage
Administrator
The sun is shining, the temperatures are rising, and my smile is bright, so it must be Friday!

This week, let's talk about fishing, and the future. What sort of fish would you like to see and catch? What would it look like? Where would it be caught? We've dolphinately had a reel lot of fun with fishy puns around here, and now it's your turn!

I'm aware that there have been posts here and there about this subject - I just wanted to take this oppor-tuna-ty to continue the discussion - maybe we can look at things from a different angler.

Ok, I promise I'm done now! ::grin:: Have a wonderful weekend, Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
Zafaria fishing is a must have. There is so many great water spots to fish in that world, Baobab, marketplace, stone town, drum jungle, even the elephant graveyard. Plus it would be great to have a bunch of puns, Zebra Fish, Lion Fish, Sea-Lion, Elephant Seal, Sea Monkey, etc. I think just African animal themed fish would just be cool, plus they could be much bigger and perhaps fill up some of those Large sized tanks that not many fish can fit inside.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
Something sure seems fishy but its sure not these fish. I'd Love to see a Fish Stick fish those sometimes nasty or tasty treats I'd love to get a Fin err... I mean Hand on one, and a peanut Butter Jellyfish Much like like the Strawberry, grape, blackberry and marmalade Jelly fish a Peanutbutter Jellyfish would Sure stick to your mouth, also I want to see a Koi just like the mount (i've got nothing...) , Tuna Fish I've been in Marleybone lately and found a can of tuna so why not a Tuna can body with eyes and fins attached to the can? This fish is not exactly the the oldest but its so fresh its right from the can! while we have the Cat Fishes why not a Dog Fish after all it rains cats and dogs a Dog fish would so be a "Mans best Friend" Just need to remember not to place them in the same place Dogfish like chasing cats! We've fought the Kraken we even keep them as pet's Why not fish for one to keep in a tank that be shocking. If we could Fish in DragonSpyre what would be more suitible then fishing in the lava for Lava Squids, or Dragonfish.

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
Survivor
Dec 22, 2011
I'd like to see a Salmon-the-box! It could be a salmon on a spring coming out of a jack-in-box, box lol. It could be caught in Crab Alley. It could be a rare fish that you can interact with! Hope you like my idea

Hero
May 02, 2009
Flying Fish, Batacuda & Sky Gar from the Pirate101 universe as well. Why? Because why not?

Hero
May 02, 2009
Flying Fish, Batacuda and Sky Gar from the Pirate101 universe. The Flying fish would look just like a dark blue/black fish with big, wide flippers that double as wings. The Batacuda would be a grey Barracuda with long, thin bat-like wing-like flippers as well. The Sky Gar would just be a green recoloring of the Batacuda as well.

As for where they would be caught at, the Flying Fish would be caught on Triton Avenue, the Batacuda would be caught in Shoshun Village and then finally the Sky Gar would be caught in The Jade Palace near the Garden Dojo as well.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
A big issue with the future of fishing I think is the limited nature of locations. There's no water in Marleybone or Dragonspyre, very little in most worlds really. Celestia and Avalon have a few above surface areas. Some more areas need to opened up to fishing. There are many areas that the land is too high above the water that otherwise could be opened up for it. Underwater areas could be used too, same spells, but underwater instead of a lure it could be a speargun shot.

Explorer
Nov 05, 2011
I've been waiting for this topic! I've got a long list.

As I stated in a previous message, I currently feel there is a lack of feminine fish and I'd like to see more girl fish. (But that is just me) I want pretty fish in my tank!

I'm reserving my top 5 for fansite contests (because I'm hoping there are tanks this month) but the rest I will share here:

*cracks knuckles* Here Goes:

Real Fish:
Dog Fish
Pajama Cardinals (I can just see a cute teddy bear under it's little flipper)
Rainbow Trout
Lion Fish
Clown Fish
Parrot Fish
Angel Fish
Snapper (dress her like a flapper from the 20s)
Nurse Shark
Pilot Fish
Boxfish
Cherubfish
Neon Tetra (you could bend them to look like a sign :D)
Pumpkin Seed
Star Fish
Hermit Crab

Pop References:
EELvil Knievel
Indiana Bone Fish
Yogi Bearacudda
Octomom
Tuna Turner
Tuna Fey
Barb Streisand
Fin Diesel (but he's kinda in P101 already so eh)
Sir Lancet-lot
Lance Bass
Hootie the Blowfish
Jack the Kipper

Other Ideas:
Geisha Guppy
Bass Guitarist
Panda Bearacudda (please please please)
Koala Bearacudda
Holy Mackerel
"Merle"lin (like a Marlin)
Minnow-Taur
Pisces (like the constellation)
Chicken of the Sea (hehehe)
Bobber Shop Quartet
Loan Shark
Aquanaut
Saw Herring (for Avalon to cut down Shrubberies! ;D)

More Flavors of Jelly
Apple
Plum
Apricot

~Calamity PixieShade, level 100

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
i would like to be able to fish in every water in the spiral.

Defender
Dec 12, 2012
Well first off, hello Professer Falmea! Second, I don't know what it should be called but maybe a fish that looks like Ambrose, or fish that look like the professers, including you Falmea! That's all!

P.S. Your hair looks like a flame. Is it really on fire or did you use magic hair gel?
P.P.S. All fish mentioned above can be caught in Ravenwood!

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
Something that I think would work really good for fishing holes in Khrysalis is a fly fish. (fly fishing) It would of course be a cross between a fish and a housefly. Then you could make a pun on the pun with a butterfly fish.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
here's one KI could have a blast with: LOX! Imagine a fishing being pulled out of the water that is a Combination Lox or a Padlox lol would be hilarious

Survivor
May 11, 2011
Create some fire themed fish that would be exclusive to Dragonspyre? Lava fishing, it could be something.

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
I suggest making all fish that can be found in commons available in at least one other location. Commons is crowded enough without dragging in hordes of fishermen looking for exclusive fish that can't be caught anywhere else.

Defender
Dec 20, 2010
Ok jumpin in on the bandwagon here:

Clownfish: would have a little red ball strapped to his snout and a wig
Rainbow Trout: multicolored stripes running down it's sides
Pandacuda: Black and white, all cute and cuddly
Tuna Fish: shaped like a can with glasses like Charlie the Tuna from the commercials
Bet-ta Fish: dressed like a gambler with the billed hat and an ace up his fin
Angelfish: White robe, wings, and a halo
Devil Fish: Deep red with a spiked tail and horns
Flatfish: aka a flounder with a 50's style hairpiece
Discusfish: Shaped like a Frisbee
StoryFish: Transparent fish, in the lines of a fish story, the one that got away finally gets caught
CapeCod fish: A cod fish dressed in beach attire - male and female, Hawaiian shirt
Electric Eel: radiates bolts of electricity
Eccentric Eel: older looking Eel
StinkyFish: half decomposed
Snapper: smaller fish with huge teeth that's snaps its' jaws while it swims
SpiralFish: swims in circles really fast
Upsidedown Catfish: need I say more?
Glowfish: florescent colors (same colors as its school)
WhiskerFish: sports handlebar mustache
Pooferfish: in your tank he slowly inflates until he "poofs" and disappears. only to reappear
babyfish: wears a diaper
Goldenfish: looks like solid gold
Bullhead: head of a bull, body of a fish
Chain Pickerel: body resembles a steel chain
KingFish: wears a crown and dressed in a kings robe
QueenFish" tiara and a queens' gown
Sunfish: glowing orang aura around a yellow colored fish
SickleFish: deaths sickle for fins
Croaker: swims along, turns upside and floats upwards, froglike
Channel Catfish: swims with a TV remote
StirrupBass: Saddle and stirrups
Merlin: dressed like a wizard
Hummerhead: music notes drift from its mouth as it swims
Neon Fish: neon sign along its sides "Eat at Joe's"
Humpback: head of a camel with a hump in its' back
Parrot Fish. birdhead, brightcolored, and long tailfeathers
Rockfish: along the lines of stone colossus: fish made from rocks
Paddlefish: oars for fins

Defender
Dec 20, 2010
Deep Sky fishing: fish off a cliff into a cloudbank below. Silhouettes of fish swimming in the clouds. Could use this as an offshoot of deep sea fishing and the species found in the open sea.

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
Here are some of my ideas:
  • Finless Fish (Looks like a regular fish but with no fins)
  • ReTrouted (A fish dressed up as a crossing guard)
  • Holy Fish (A fish with a halo and with holes all over
  • Duck Fish (A mix between a duck and a fish)
  • Shadowacuda (It's a Shadow Magic version of the school acudas)
  • Papafisshy (A fish holding a camera)
  • Sacrifish (A fish holding a table and a knife. The table has a plant on it and the fish is going to sacrifice the plant)

Survivor
Aug 17, 2013
Zafaria would be a great place to have fish.. Maybe you can catch a lion fish or something like that. And also Avalon would be a great place as well, and Celestia has a lot of water so, there should be fishing there as well.

Survivor
Oct 19, 2008
I recommend bass fish. A few places like Zafaria and definitely Celestia are a must fish place. I do want to say I would highly recommend larger tanks that allow more than one fish in the tanks. I just built myself a regular tank and I was pretty disappointed with the results.

-Elizabeth Ghostcaster

Survivor
Dec 29, 2011
Survivor
Dec 29, 2011
Survivor
Jan 26, 2009
Professor Falmea on Aug 1, 2014 wrote:
The sun is shining, the temperatures are rising, and my smile is bright, so it must be Friday!

This week, let's talk about fishing, and the future. What sort of fish would you like to see and catch? What would it look like? Where would it be caught? We've dolphinately had a reel lot of fun with fishy puns around here, and now it's your turn!

I'm aware that there have been posts here and there about this subject - I just wanted to take this oppor-tuna-ty to continue the discussion - maybe we can look at things from a different angler.

Ok, I promise I'm done now! ::grin:: Have a wonderful weekend, Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
Personally, I think it would be cool if there was a mermaid fish that looks like the siren pet in Wizard101.

Ilina

Survivor
Sep 25, 2011
Real Life Fish
Name: Gymnothorax favagineus

Wizard 101
Name: Leopard Eel
Description: It is said to outrun anything.
World: Zafaria
Type: Rare
Class: Myth

Real Life Fish
Name: Tiger Shark

Wizard 101
Name: Tiger Shark
Description: The most dangerous fish in the deepest part of the jungle.
Type: Epic
Class: Fire

Real Life Fish

Name: Rhinopias frondossa

Wizard 101

Name: ???
Description: ???
Type: Common
Class: Death

Misc:

Types: Crabs, lobsters, crayfish, shrimp, krill, barnacles, octopus.
Worlds: Celestia, Avalon

Special Note: What I really would like to see is different types of aquariums. Fish bowl for one, comes to mind.

Community Leader
Bonnethead- A shark with a bonnet on its head. Wouldn't be be adorable?
Cookie Cutter- Moon, stars shaped cookie cutter outline
Cat shark- a Cat with big teeth- Roar I know lion fish? Looks like a lion
Gummy shark- Like a candy gummy
Hornnose shark-shark with a unicorn horn

Giant ghost squid, the rarest of all squids, would have to go in a jumbo tall tank. Would look like a ghost

Just a few I can think of