Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Defeating Logunn?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 08, 2012
So, I'm having trouble defeating Logunn for my lvl 58 pet quest. My main problem is his minion. Whenever I put a Life Prism on his minion, the minion casts a Death Shield before I can attack. And when I do, the Death Sheild activates, which ends up in it not doing a lot of damage. I do have Forest Lord, so does anybody have any tips on how to defeat him?

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
I gather you are running a life wizard. Understand that wards activate last ward first.

If you cast your life prism first, and then the creature casts death shield later, the death shield doesn't matter for the next life attack. What happens is when you cast your life attack, the game's attack resolution subroutine will check the death shield first since it was cast last, compare it to your life damage, and ignore it since death shields don't affect life damage. Then the subroutine checks your life prism and converts the damage to death. Since the death shield was already checked it doesn't get checked again, and your damage bypasses it.

Now if the death shield was placed before your life prism, then you have a problem. Or if you need to use a second attack to finish the creature, the shield is still there.

If necessary, there are ways to get rid of the death shield. One way is to have a death wand equipped. When the creature puts up a death shield, just hit it with a death wand blast, which won't affect any life traps you have set on the target. As a general rule most wizards should have a wand from the opposing school in their backpack for just this purpose. Alternately you can buy pierce treasure cards from the bazaar to clear shields.

Defender
Aug 08, 2012
Thank you. I defeated him and completed the pet quest.